Page 4 of 248 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No, JGS has gated walls and doesn't let the students mingle with humans or to leave them. Beast even explained to the O5 that it's bad outside the walls and that's why they're behind them.

While Cyke is making public appearances and is publicly fighting the good fight for equality instead of fiddling his thumbs and praying it'll one day happen like the JGS is doing.
    JGS even has humans enrolled and the students are allowed off campus. Otherwise Anole would still be a virgin. Logan and Hank tried to keep the bore 5 contained initially because they're time displaced morons but even they were allowed to go to NYC by themselves eventually.

Do you actually read any JGS books?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

How to ask Mike Marts why there is a perceived ban on using Rachel in stories one would assume she should be present for, but allowing for the co-opting of her stories and mythos to give to other characters is more acceptable? I'm trying to ask a legitimate question on the flagrant underuse of Rachel in big X events or moments (Hope, AvX, BotA, the teenage Scott and Jean living at the JGS with her, the Askani attacking her home, being used solely as a walkie-talkie in her own book) and if we'll see some actual great Rachel moments in the coming year without sounding like a rabid online fan....

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Uh, NXS is quite literally the school in hiding. JGS is open and public, you've got it backwards Sard.
    This, to be honest. The NXS is underground, the JGS is a public face.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No, JGS has gated walls and doesn't let the students mingle with humans or to leave them. Beast even explained to the O5 that it's bad outside the walls and that's why they're behind them.

While Cyke is making public appearances and is publicly fighting the good fight for equality instead of fiddling his thumbs and praying it'll one day happen like the JGS is doing.
    Cyke does propaganda spots and has his kids living in a bunker brainwashing them. JGS kids do things like go to movies and carnivals and learn from people like Tony Stark.

BANNED

Rachel is going to get tired of being overlooked and forgotten. Hopefully she is going to go balls out and take charge...and I hope it is written in a way that makes her come across as a powerful woman (with a bad eye for clothes) and not a childish temper tantrum.
    She could be such a great character with the right voice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jdtennesse View Post
    I have loved her for very long, especially in the beginning. But the attention she is getting now does not make me happy. I don't think she is written well. As for Sublime...I don't really like him as her love interest. And she was late to recall the fact he killed her mom (last X-Men book).

Please make Rachel Rachel again.
    Wait! Which X-Title and issue was that depicted in? I must have missed that one...

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Wait! Which X-Title and issue was that depicted in? I must have missed that one...
    Most recent Wood's X-Men issue. Don't know the number. We don't know too much about it just yet including how Rachel found out and how long she's known. Before now nobody knew Sublime had anything to do with Xorn.

Issue 13, is the issue.

Last edited by xhx23x; 05-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Incredible Member

What do you think the odds are of Rachel leaving the JGS post original sin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    What do you think the odds are of Rachel leaving the JGS post original sin
    I think it depends on what the general franchise shakeup entails around then (Quitty tantruming outta NXS, Logan's finally dead, etc). I don't feel like Wood's losing her though so I'm doubtful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I think it depends on what the general franchise shakeup entails around then (Quitty tantruming outta NXS, Logan's finally dead, etc). I don't feel like Wood's losing her though so I'm doubtful.
    I hope she does . The way Wood is writing her , it seems he is trying to screw her over to make Psylocke look better.
    On top of that , she doesnt have any role to play in the school anymore since Quire is the next psychic teacher. She'd be better off elsewhere

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I hope she does . The way Wood is writing her , it seems he is trying to screw her over to make Psylocke look better.
    On top of that , she doesnt have any role to play in the school anymore since Quire is the next psychic teacher. She'd be better off elsewhere
    Is Quentin really now the psychic professor? I'm not really reading the new WaxT but I think it's hard to believe that they would give him Rachel's job. He's probably her TA.
    And I don't think Wood is intentionally pushing Betsy over Rachel. I just don't think he necessarily has a handle on her personality and powers quite yet. She's more powerful than Betsy, but Betsy tends to be more brutish in using her abilities than Rachel. Hence why she tends to get more psychic screen time. BUUUUT, Rachel is way more than the psychic walkie-talkie she's being used as.

I always loved this character, I wish she gets her Phoenix powers back

BANNED

I just hope with the new editor they sit the writers down and have a concrete "here are the power levels of the characters, here is what they can do" meeting" so they can be used across the board the same way. Rachel is still greatly powerful without the Phoenix entity and can do sub atomic telekinesis without it yet her chacraterization between writers is what messes it up. Even in the WAXM Alpha/Omega she could not break through QQ's psi-shield, yet in WATX she was able to give him a nosebleed and pass out when he tried to give her grief during the training session and pull out the hound memories.
    She can go from strong-willed warrior(taking down Thor and Captain A, demanding people remember she was the long time controlled of the phoenix and it NEVER controlled her) to neophyte across titles. Of any X-man she has had the hardest life, being a hound from the future, creating the Askani clan in the future, raising her brother, the cross-time caper, Bogan's slave...she is meant for more than mopey wallpaper in a title.
    To me, Rachel is a character that if she is not going to be used right I would rather see her put back on the shelf and left alone.

BANNED

Yeah, Quinten/Hisako seem to be more TAs or junior staff. They're only teaching summer school because everyone else went on vacation.

I like Wood using Rachel, I like her aggrivating Storm and sparring with Monet. If she got some more action in the field I think some of the complaints would go away (same for Storm actually).