Page 5 of 248 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Yeah, Quinten/Hisako seem to be more TAs or junior staff. They're only teaching summer school because everyone else went on vacation.

I like Wood using Rachel, I like her aggrivating Storm and sparring with Monet. If she got some more action in the field I think some of the complaints would go away (same for Storm actually).
    Agreed with that. Rachel is too much of a powerhouse to be handled the way she has been as of late. It does seem Wood has plans for her in his upcoming issue but the whole Sublime thing should have been handled earlier on if you ask me. I also not very happy with his Storm lately.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

BANNED

I feel like the whole Sublime thing went in a completely different direction than originally planned. It basically all happened off panel anyway, and I suspect a revenge plot's brewing now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    I always loved this character, I wish she gets her Phoenix powers back
    She is past her phoenix days. She should have her own identity not tied to her mother.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I just hope with the new editor they sit the writers down and have a concrete "here are the power levels of the characters, here is what they can do" meeting" so they can be used across the board the same way. Rachel is still greatly powerful without the Phoenix entity and can do sub atomic telekinesis without it yet her chacraterization between writers is what messes it up. Even in the WAXM Alpha/Omega she could not break through QQ's psi-shield, yet in WATX she was able to give him a nosebleed and pass out when he tried to give her grief during the training session and pull out the hound memories.
    She can go from strong-willed warrior(taking down Thor and Captain A, demanding people remember she was the long time controlled of the phoenix and it NEVER controlled her) to neophyte across titles. Of any X-man she has had the hardest life, being a hound from the future, creating the Askani clan in the future, raising her brother, the cross-time caper, Bogan's slave...she is meant for more than mopey wallpaper in a title.
    To me, Rachel is a character that if she is not going to be used right I would rather see her put back on the shelf and left alone.
    Both were done by different writers. One by Wood and other by Aaron. Its weird that Aaron had a better understanding of her power levels than Wood despite Rachel being a wallpaper in WATXM.

BANNED

Aaron's Rachel was AMAZING. The only problem was she didn't get enough use, which was sort of everyone's problem in WAX except for Logan/Quire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Both were done by different writers. One by Wood and other by Aaron. Its weird that Aaron had a better understanding of her power levels than Wood despite Rachel being a wallpaper in WATXM.
    That is why I hope they have an X-summit again and have a "here is the X-men character bible current state" meeting, and then do a handbook, It is not only happening with her, it is Psylocke, the broken Phoenix 5 (and when, if, and how badly they are broken), basically across titles the characters have differing power levels (expect NuJean, she is just the most powerful mutant ever already), differing control over their abilities. It is very hard to follow, and this is something that would turn off new and old readers alike.
    I asked this in the X-position thread and hope this is a question that Marts addresses.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well I'm fine that Sublime and Rachel never got closer than some confusing thoughts. Rachel getting in bed with the killer of Jean would be... Icky.

Now I'm kind of confused about Rachel and Sublime. It's obvious that Wood altered the way that relationship went, likely due to fan backlash, but she found out about Sublime killing Jean. My confusion is if this was the first time any x-man has become aware that Sublime controlled Xorn. I think Future Wolverine mentioned about Kick being the aerosol form of Sublime when he told reborn Jean about Sublime's take over of the world but did the current X-Men ever find this out about Kick? If they did it happened off panel after Morrison's run I think. Them not knowing would explain Rachel's fling with Sublime and now that she knows you'd expect her to go after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Cyke does propaganda spots and has his kids living in a bunker brainwashing them. JGS kids do things like go to movies and carnivals and learn from people like Tony Stark.
    Nobody should learn anything from Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well I'm fine that Sublime and Rachel never got closer than some confusing thoughts. Rachel getting in bed with the killer of Jean would be... Icky.
    Rachel dating a space amoeba is icky. Girl needs better taste than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    Nobody should learn anything from Tony Stark.
    Point taken, but it does show that they're out and interacting with the larger MU :P

BANNED

When did this "fling"happen? Other than him flirting with her and Ray being all "don't touch me", I don't recall a fling. I think Wood did right by just swiping it. I will admit the ending showed a touch of feeling on her part but I think it is a base to show how mixed up she is right now and that is all. Rachel, current state really has no one as her anchor. Cable is out on his own, Scott and Kitty are together along with her teenage possible momma, and her teammates keep forgetting her worth.
    She needs to join NXS and be Jean's mental mentor.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I would love to see her do more Telepathic/Tk "tricks"....she used to do cool tricks like "chrono control" & telepathic invisibility.

I wish YOST would write Rachel...he did alot of cool things with her

Rachel also needs a codename...having her go by her real name is too much like Jean....she needs to get away from any Jean stuff

I want to see her doing Askani training with Nathan

Ultimate Member

Jean's not the only X-Woman who mostly goes by their real name. Kitty and Emma say hello.

I was re-reading my old Essentials today and I read a few of Rachel's first issues. It's amazing how much she has changed and grown. The character development was slow but deep. I could get her to know like a real person, that's how well she was written. Now, I dread to think what writers do with our favourite characters... Rachel hasn't been herself in many years, like so many other characters. But after reading her introduction to the X-Universe, it is so mouch more apparent and hurtful...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    I would love to see her do more Telepathic/Tk "tricks"....she used to do cool tricks like "chrono control" & telepathic invisibility.

I wish YOST would write Rachel...he did alot of cool things with her

Rachel also needs a codename...having her go by her real name is too much like Jean....she needs to get away from any Jean stuff

I want to see her doing Askani training with Nathan
    I think Kyost might trot her out eventually but their initial arc seems like it's going to be Aaron's Hell team + Colossus. :/

They do like her tho (proof: their pet X-23 even cosplayed as Rachel). Even if they were going to kill her...

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I think Kyost might trot her out eventually but their initial arc seems like it's going to be Aaron's Hell team + Colossus. :/

They do like her tho (proof: their pet X-23 even cosplayed as Rachel). Even if they were going to kill her...
    Yeah, I'm hoping for an ANAD X-Men type roster with Rachel in the place of Jean