Page 54 of 248 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Rachel in Spiderman and X-MEN

Incredible Member

How did toad come back after he joined Hellfire club

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Rachel was the prototype to the Hound program. I can't remember what issues it was mentioned in, but it's part of her history on uncannyxmen.net. I think also in Days of Future Present when Ahab first finds her he calls her his first hound.
    Ah, yes. Thanks... That would be (the retcon to UX-Men #141- #142) Excalibur #52.

Last edited by ZNOP; 11-10-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Maybe, however there should be a plausible explanation for why Rachel, M, Psylocke, and Emma aren't involved. The only one that I would buy, for them not speaking up, is if Magneto recruits them and we know that wont happen as he's only after Inverted Villains.

Oh, his old partner returned? Didn't she ditch him to do her own thing?

Um, Psylocke is involved, how she was inverted when she's supposed to be, one a telepath of the class of Jean and Xavier, and two stronger than Quire I do not know!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Um, Psylocke is involved, how she was inverted when she's supposed to be, one a telepath of the class of Jean and Xavier, and two stronger than Quire I do not know!
    The inversion is magical...not telepathic.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    The inversion is magical...not telepathic.
    Yeah, the telepathic shield was only for the hate wave.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Rachel in Spiderman and X-MEN
    Thought Toad was kicked off...

Eh, a cameo ain't saying much. Rachel cameo's in a lot of books and that's it. I'll reserve things until I see her and the other X-Men doing more than giving Spider-Man weird looks from the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Now that's a duo I ship! While I have always felt Peter was destined to only be with Felicia or Gwen, I feel Rachel would make an excellent candidate for a great love interest of his.

Why has Rachel never had a consistent love life? She's probably one of the most genuine and proper women in the X-Books. Is she just too independent and doesn't need a relationship?

But ugh I never liked that red bondage outfit she wore in the day. It looks so weird on her.
    I guess because writers seem to want Rachel to date someone powerful or "damaged". Dating Peter would finally give her a "Decent" boyfriend for once.

I don't like the Hound outfit, especially the high heel version, but I really like her current costume. Rachel also looks like she eats well enough as she isn't super thin in her current costume and her legs look like they could kill if she kicked someone hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Ah, yes. Thanks... That would be (the retcon to UX-Men #141- #142) Excalibur #52.

Aw, poor Rachel. So young and her life was already a nightmare, though it's nice that she struggled for as long as she did despite her youth and inexperience. No wonder Rachel has trouble opening up to others or landing herself in a decent relationship.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-11-2014 at 05:01 PM.

So the Shadow King managed to take over Rachel, Betsy, Beast, Iceman, and Storm in Nightcrawler.

Explanation seems to be that the Shadow King assaulted Rachel and Betsy first before they could ready their mental defenses and thus were taken by surprise. Storm is the only one that verbally resisted him though.

Hopefully more of an explanation is given and Rachel and the team are shown to resist control somewhat so as to stop themselves from killing Kurt as he tries to find a way to save the team.

Astonishing Member

So the Shadow King managed to take over Rachel, Betsy, Beast, Iceman, and Storm in Nightcrawler.

Explanation seems to be that the Shadow King assaulted Rachel and Betsy first before they could ready their mental defenses and thus were taken by surprise. Storm is the only one that verbally resisted him though.

Hopefully more of an explanation is given and Rachel and the team are shown to resist control somewhat so as to stop themselves from killing Kurt as he tries to find a way to save the team.
    Even the best character just gets owned by a villain every now and then (and this is a Nightcrawler series)...it's gonna happen.

That's not the point, they're characters who're known for powerful Mental Defenses and Rachel and Psylocke are ridiculously powerful in TP/TK. It's strange that the girl who was shocked and unaware of the Shadow King's awakening and was even there managed to be able to resist his old yet Rachel and Psylocke were taken down so easily.

Fantastic Member

That's not the point, they're characters who're known for powerful Mental Defenses and Rachel and Psylocke are ridiculously powerful in TP/TK. It's strange that the girl who was shocked and unaware of the Shadow King's awakening and was even there managed to be able to resist his old yet Rachel and Psylocke were taken down so easily.

Rachel +CC = mind control

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Rachel +CC = mind control
    Alright, you have me there... But that shouldn't be needed as CC doesn't need to stablize Rachel's power as while she's the most powerful living Telepath, unless MM counts as a TP user, she isn't the most powerful character and she lacks the godlike power of Phoenix that made her ridiculous broken.

Astonishing Member

None of that really matters if it happens in a Nightcrawler book where HE is meant to be the hero...if this were a Rachel book, she'd have kicked Shadow King's ass single-handedly...that's just how it goes.

Astonishing Member

Alright, you have me there... But that shouldn't be needed as CC doesn't need to stablize Rachel's power as while she's the most powerful living Telepath, unless MM counts as a TP user, she isn't the most powerful character and she lacks the godlike power of Phoenix that made her ridiculous broken.
    I know you've decided Rachel is the most powerful living telepath and she's certainly up there but when exactly did they actually say that in a book?

Ultimate Member

The problem comes when you have many different writers writing the same and different characters, each tries to make their mark on the character and so power growth and such seems to change often.