Default The DEBRA WHITMAN Appreciation Thread

So it has been a while since we've seen Debra Whitman, one of Spiderman's greatest supporting characters who was able to figure out his identity without him telling her. How should she make her return?

Many posters have expressed the idea of her gaining super powers and becoming Spidey's next biggest villain.

Should Debra come back as the newest Spider menace?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    So it has been a while since we've seen Debra Whitman, one of Spiderman's greatest supporting characters who was able to figure out his identity without him telling her. How should she make her return?

Many posters have expressed the idea of her gaining super powers and becoming Spidey's next biggest villain.

Should Debra come back as the newest Spider menace?
    Make her Shatterstar's twin sister!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Make her Shatterstar's twin sister!!!

That's a very good idea. What kind of powers do you think she should have as Shatterstar's partner?

I don't think there is anything logical to do with that girl other than the occasional random appearance.

leave her alone.

Deb is still my second favorite Spidey love interest. She needs to return as a potential love interest for Flash or something. She was great on the 90's animated show.

Deb is also a stark reminder of how much Peter's negligence and inconsiderateness towards the people around him can make him a downright ******* at times!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Deb is still my second favorite Spidey love interest. She needs to return as a potential love interest for Flash or something. She was great on the 90's animated show.

Deb is also a stark reminder of how much Peter's negligence and inconsiderateness towards the people around him can make him a downright ******* at times!
    I concur. Deb is in my top three love interests. She had intelligence and insight and compassion and IMHO, given the right circumstances, could have been made into one of Peter's great loves.

I also agree that she also taught Peter an important life lesson.
    Last edited by dddaaavvv; 05-19-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    leave her alone.
    Lol.

I agree I liked her in the 90s Animated series, that series actually made me think she was a major character in the comics at the time when I first started collecting.

I do like the character, partially out of nostalgia for the 90s series I'll admit, but it would be nice to have her do a cameo at least every now and then.

Well, if Spidey did unmask and everyone forgot, then something's happened to her book and she's probably got a reason to be mad at Peter again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Lol.

I agree I liked her in the 90s Animated series, that series actually made me think she was a major character in the comics at the time when I first started collecting.

I do like the character, partially out of nostalgia for the 90s series I'll admit, but it would be nice to have her do a cameo at least every now and then.
    Because of my position on bringing back Gwen Stacy, a lot of people think that I PERSONALLY like her character the best. The reality is, I consider Gwen to be the BEST fit for Peter. For Peter, my order is Gwen, Jill Stacy then Debra. Love interests other than these are irrelevant for this post. I do like Gwen's character, but I would actually find MYSELF most attracted to Debra. In fact it would be Debra, Jill and THEN Gwen for me!
    Last edited by dddaaavvv; 05-19-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dddaaavvv View Post
    Because of my position on bringing back Gwen Stacy, a lot of people think that I PERSONALLY like her character the best. The reality is, I consider Gwen to be the BEST fit for Peter. For Peter, my order is Gwen, Jill Stacy then Debra. Love interests other than these are irrelevant for this post. I do like Gwen's character, but I would actually find MYSELF most attracted to Debra. In fact it would be Debra, Jill and THEN Gwen for me!
    LOL All I know is I liked Debra in the animated series and wouldn't mind her appearing every now and then even in a cameo type role in the ASM books.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LOL All I know is I liked Debra in the animated series and wouldn't mind her appearing every now and then even in a cameo type role in the ASM books.
    She should have been a major character in Flash's Venom series. Flash and she made an interesting couple on the animated show. Betty always bores me to tears.

And I'm with you on thinking that Deb was a WAY more prominent character in the Spidey mythos thanks to the 90's show. Goes to show how well she worked as a series regular/semi-regular when written well.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-19-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Well, if Spidey did unmask and everyone forgot, then something's happened to her book and she's probably got a reason to be mad at Peter again.
    Lol yeah, what happened to the book post-OMD? I don't think anybody ever covered that until now.

Astonishing Member

She should have been a major character in Flash's Venom series. Flash and she made an interesting couple on the animated show. Betty always bores me to tears.

And I'm with you on thinking that Deb was a WAY more prominent character in the Spidey mythos thanks to the 90's show. Goes to show how well she worked as a series regular/semi-regular when written well.
    Betty Brant works best around Peter Parker as she still carries to torch for him. But to be honest, Jennifer Walters combines the best of Betty Brant and Debra Whitman. Thus, it would make sense to use the human side to Jennifer Walters in Peter's social circles. Her human form would protect her from Peter's radioactive blood whenever the are in close contact to each other, where in contrast as the She-Hulk, the radioactive heat signature that Peter gives off causes Jenn to get very angery into the Incredible She-Hulk.