Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Default What do you think might happen to duplicate characters after Secret Wars

I have been hearing of people saying that during and after Secret Wars, there may be a reduction in the number of duplicates for many of the Marvel characters. However, we don't know enough to confirm this as fact or not outside of the pizza comparison (unless there was an interview I missed) and I don't believe they would get rid of original Peter Parker or Miles Morales. Some may very well die in the carnage of Secret Wars but I can't really see any actually getting erased out of existence unless we see a New 52 style reboot afterwards. What do you think? Would some survive and stay on Battleworld or go home in a possibly restored multiverse? Would some migrate to the original universe and live alongside their original counterparts?

Apply to all duplicates.

BANNED

The duplicates of a particular marvel character like say Spider-Man that show up on Battleworld makes me wish that marvel comics will launch comicbook series of different versions of marvel characters that cater to readers who are either fans of all versions or specific ones. For example ;

Married Spidey to MJ The Regency ongoing series Interest
    Mephistoverse Spidey Spider-Land ongoing series no interest
    Married Spidey to Gwen House of M ongoing series no interest

Richard Rider Nova Egyptia ongoing series Interest
    Sam Alexander Nova New Xandar ongoing series no interest

To me, it would be exciting if the 616 Carol Danvers got killed because of the Secret Wars and that the HALA FIELD Carol Danvers will have an ongoing series.
    I am also for THE WARZONE Carol Danvers being killed of. HOUSE OF M Carol Danvers maybe survives Secret Wars.
    Would be nice if Westchester Carol Danvers breaks free from the prison in Westchester Rogue's mind and take over her body and resumes her life as Ms. Marvel and thus become the star of a Westchester 'Ms. Marvel' ongoing series.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 02-16-2015 at 11:07 AM.

They'll all move to Branson, Missouri and perform in family-friendly burlesque musical shows.

They all get together and form a Munchkin Marvel game.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm not sure all universes are ending and that AU characters will be wiped out.

Obviously, the Ultimate Universe is joining the 616 universe though so I guess most of those will be wiped out. They'll probably save Miles, Fury and maybe Reed though?

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

The presence of dupes has a been a long tradition of Marvel If anything it seems they're just bringing more of them closer together (using Spider-verse especially as a measuring stick). But Secret Wars hasn't even started so that's just a shot in the dark.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

They'll either have some of them survive afterwards, or maybe if there is a new Earth but Battleworld remains they'll be some in each location. Ultimately Battleworld is a planet though, there would be enough space for multiple characters to exist in the long run if they intend for Battleworld to remain.