Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I stand corrected. I had forgotten about those movies. I thought Monsters vs Aliens really had a lot of potential but they didn't push that movie well and hard enough. It should have gotten a sequel. Ginormica could have been established as a bonafied super-heroine. I get so frustrated when thinking of the wasted opportunity with her.
    Ah yes, no worries, just more originality etc in Dreamworks than might be thought.

Hopefully the film doies well, gets a Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, or Netflix show, and about three sequels.

Be nice for the people involved, Dreamworks, the concept and, as yous say, the diversity.

Me, personally, I'll wait, moreso, for what Dreamworks has for 2016, like Kung Fu Panda 3 etc, but hope you and many others enjoy it, and it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

I would say that DreamWorks has creativity and originality when fostered, but in some cases it tends to play too hard on some tropes, and stories that should get sequels don't, while movies that pretty much are probably finished do, see Guardians of Childhood vs How to train your dragon 2. Glad to see Tip, wish they had not aged her up and really wish they would have kept her mom involved in this because she plays an important part in the adventure with Tip trying to find her. Also humans aren't shoved off planet, they're sent to Arizona after the Boov's discover they like oranges.
    Yeah, can be frustrating when films change this element, this character, place, or event, be it Harry Potter, Enders' Game, Cirque du Freak, or The Spiderwick Chronicles.

Are you referring to Rise Of The Guardians not getting a sequel, when it should have?

And, How To Train Your Dragon getting a sequel, when it didn't need one, or HTTYD2 getting a 3rd?

Can agree at times. Hoping Shrek will be left be, such a perfect ending I felt with Forever After, same with Madagascar, after Europes' Most Wanted.

Madagascar 4 got a release date, but with all the shifted films now, less each year, solely Home this year, and Puss In Boots 2: Nine Lives 7 Forty Thieves and M4 no longer having dates, hopefully Puss gets that, and Madagascar can be left alone.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I know many of us would like to see more movies featuring persons of color in lead character roles but to get that we need to support the ones that we do have.

Dreamworks' Home is going to be released in theaters on March 27, 2015. It doesn't look like anything spectacular but as much as I have been complaining about the lack of persons of color in lead roles, I consider this a must-see; or better yet, a must-support! I don't want to give anyone an excuse to say, "See, we tried minority led movies and it didn't work." I'm pretty much calling on everyone else to support the movie as well. We gotta put our money where our mouth is.
    No thanks, I'll pass. I've never liked or watched films from Pixar or Dreamworks and I see no reason to change now. Besides, I support movies I like, whether or not people of color are in starring roles is totally immaterial to me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Out of interest, has Home come out in America yet?

If so, anyone see it, and, if so, thoughts?