Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I loved that entire series. The circus arc was a bit strange, but other than that I loved the book.
    Funny. I thought the book was great right up until the Circus Arc, and then it got way too weird and wacky and lost me.

I read up to the circus arc but I did enjoy the arcs before AvX. Broo was my favorite of the bunch.

It started off great, but i feel that AvX really took a lot out of the book and it never quite got the same feel that it had before that back. So i think AvX really hurt it.

Like most people up till AVX the series was solid. But then after that it went downhill. We had some great issues here and there (Shark Girl's inital issues was fun) but then it took a dive. TOo much Quire IMO. And too much Hellfire brats.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

I thought it was awful but I don't fully blame Jason Aaron
    AvX, Schism, the TERRIBLE Battle of the Atom. All bogged the book down.
    The Hellfire arc with the Seige Perilous was the lowest point. Think he upset the Generation X fans with his weird Husk storyline

I only tried two issues but didn't finish either one. Felt like it's geared towards young children. Which is fine- just not for me.

All-New Member minusblindfold02's Avatar

It was a very hit or miss series for me. The ups were very good and the downs were very bad. I'll say this for Aaron, no writer has ever made me care about Toad before.

I found that it had a really odd tone. Didn't feel like an X-comic at all. Still haven't figured out who it was aimed at and nothing really big ever seemed to happen in it. It read like a sitcom rather than a x-comic. By the end QQ was basically running the show and the art looked awful.

And a Hellfire Club run by kids? OMG, evil children! You see it's creepy, because they are children. It's a metaphor for the loss of innocence. Soooo original... (btw John Wyndham phoned from 1957, he wants his shit back.)

I thought it was great right up until AvX derailed it, it never got back on track after that in my opinion. It slowly became my favorite title at the time up until AvX. Couldn't stand it after, never went back (tried multiple times).
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It brought us the Hellfire Brats which is enough to earn it a special place in hell.

And its official: AvX taints everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    And its official: AvX taints everything.
    its tainted Marvel as a whole
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I loved it. It was quirky and unique.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I did like the WATXM by Aaron. It was wacky but fun. I didn't like certain concepts like kid Hellfire but otherwise it was a nice counter to Uncanny
    X-Men Forever

It started out good then took a nose dive for the worst imo . X-men and X-villains acting out of character for the most part. Aaron began favoring certain characters and it showed in the writing. The X-men have a Krakoa. Suddenly the hellfire Brats had not one not two but four. No matter how hard Marvel and Aaron tried almost no one liked the Hellfire Brats. A series ruined by the writer imo.
    Last edited by sureshot; 02-17-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.