Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They were together for five years in the New 52, and even back then Diana was only ever using him (she admitted this to Steve just as she got back together with him). Their bond has also been diminished since Superman Reborn.
    Yeah but for longer.

I like Lois and all but she could be a bigger character than just Superman's partner.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Yeah but for longer.

I like Lois and all but she could be a bigger character than just Superman's partner.
    Lois had an ongoing series in the Silver Age that lasted 100 over issues she did have that fame. And she still does.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Yeah but for longer.

But Cat and Diana can't be?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love Vixen and Bronze Tiger

i need this

If I get to play in my perfect headcanons, I have several I adore. I like the idea of all of these in the comics, too, but most of them have either been so toxic to each other or done the on-again-off-again thing so many times that I rather ignore some pretty big swathes of history so I can keep liking them.

Lois & Clark. They've had some great stuff. Some not great stuff, too, but like I said, I ignore bits. I'm enjoying them as a married couple. I like the idea that he views her as an equal, despite the muscle disparity. I'm actually very into the MOS set up where she knows his identity from the start. Like them both as individual characters. Would not want them partnered at the DP - want them each pursuing their own stories, etc. And she's definitely the better reporter.

Bruce and Selina. This one is more conceptual, since them actually having a functioning relationship for a significant period of time is hard to come by in the comics. I liked her having Helena Kyle baby (whom he could adopt), because it feels like a double-standard if he's allowed to have all these kids that aren't hers, but she can't have one that isn't his. I prefer a lot of cat-and-mouse early days, then she starts to reform (as she did in comics) and some team-ups and getting to actually know each other smidge. Then pull a "Hush" where he tells her his identity. Then the could start dating. I also, though, prefer that Bruce get in a healthier place first and stop treating his family poorly before doing this. And DC will never let that happen.

Gar and Raven. Also more conceptual, since I've only read a little with them as a couple. I like the idea of them spending 5-7 years on a team together and being friends before slowly dipping toes in the dating pool. Gar has to grow up first, as he was very irritating in the early days of the team, using humor to cover insecurities. He has to get past his obnoxious phase. I enjoyed both characters individually in the '80s TT. So them grown up (and modernized a bit) would be interesting.

Dick and Barbara. Based on the '90s Nightwing and BoP titles. Loved them there. She was nervous about the relationship, he wanted something serious. And they were both adults. While I don't mind a history of flirtation when he was in college (ala bronze age), I really don't like retconning them into a previous relationship. There was also some fanfic in that era that had her his first lover when he was 16 and such and that does not work for me at all. I like her older (at least 4 years, and prefer the 7 of bronze age), and once he's in his mid-twenties, that's not an issue. Also, this is before his character did several things I don't like.

Dinah and Ollie. I really enjoyed some of their pre-crisis stuff so much. There's some good stuff later, but some awful stuff too. But back before Ollie was first made into a terrible human being - I could love them without guilt.

Diana and Steve. Enjoyed the movie, but I also enjoyed how the Rebirth early issues on the "Truth" line depicted their relationship. Golden Age was okay (not always flattering to Diana). Silver Age was dreadful, since Steve was just like Silver Age Lois.

Tim and Steph. I think Steph got treated very poorly by the Batfamily in the old days. But she and Tim had some fun scenes, and if we could redo it with more respect, they'd be good. I like '90s characterizations for them.

Ralph and Sue Dibny. They were adorable in the silver age. Then he got to be treated more as a joke and loser and she seemed to feel nothing for him but disdain, and that was sad.

Kon and Cassie. They won me over in Young Justice. Even if they hadn't, the age difference would make Tana and Kon a no-go. I know some like to reboot her as a teen, but that doesn't work for me because I think the specific contrast brought up with how Tana v. Knockout treats Kon works better with them both as adults, and that's one of my favorite bits from that comic. And Sterling just didn't capture my interest - quit reading SB a few issues after he moved to Cadmus.

Bart and Carol. Oh, they won my heart in Impulse. Emotions so big and so true. And then she was forgotten about.

Barry and Iris. I read all the silver age Flash comics and liked these two. I liked that they were already an item (and she usually didn't have a thing for Flash) instead of ship teasing and playing will-they-won't-they. So I quit reading before she died (and, IMO, unfortunately she hadn't been well-used in a while). And then when they start over in a new universe, they have them not dating.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 06-28-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Definitely Power Girl and Val Zod, it just made so much sense that I thought it was perfect

Last edited by leo619; 06-20-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love Vixen and Bronze Tiger

This, very much this.

I love the pairing of Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz because they are one of the few pairings that I could enjoy equally if it stayed platonic or became wholly romantic. The chemistry, the comradry and emotional support between these two elevates both characters in ways that I don't think they quite reach without each other.

ones I'd like to see:
    Wallace and Red Arrow
    Supergirl and Ryand'r
    Miss Martian and Zatanna
    John Stewart and Kendra Saunders or Dr. Light/Kimiyo Hoshi
    Duke Thomas and Naomi could be a cute pairing
    Aqualad and Beast boy (I imagine Gar could believably be bisexual)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-20-2019 at 10:41 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Miss Martian and Zatanna?

Anyway;

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Are you sure that's consistent considering the way Diana acted towards the New 52 Superman before his untimely demise where she did say she loved him? I don't support it by any means but wasn't the portrayal of the relationship kind of all over the place?
    Old thread, but no, that is not true. That Diana used him stuff was just a bad Rucka retcon after the New 52 was pretty much over and done with and they were getting ready to institute the Rebirth changes to WW. In the actual proper era, there was no such thing. That incarnation loved him purely.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

72a139e1832c4f60d27288bd2724a94e.jpg

The king and the queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Miss Martian and Zatanna?

Anyway;
    I like science and magic combinations, and I always find it weird when alien characters adapt heteronormative relationships norms; so I like the idea of Miss Martian and Zatanna.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I like science and magic combinations, and I always find it weird when alien characters adapt heteronormative relationships norms; so I like the idea of Miss Martian and Zatanna.
    I mean, Traci 13 is supposed to be a lesbian (post-Flashpoint), but Zatanna has never been shown as even bi. I just find such things odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, Traci 13 is supposed to be a lesbian (post-Flashpoint), but Zatanna has never been shown as even bi. I just find such things odd.
    She hasn't? huh, iunno why but I always thought she was for some reason. Meh, magic folks are like aliens, they live in such an abstract high concept reality, I could reasonably see them not seeing the need to exist within a sexual binary or in one end of the sexual spectrum. Unless of course their magic is more religious faith or miracle based. I guess Traci 13 could work all the same just for the novelty of filling the niche I set myself in but I don't really know or particularly care much about Traci 13 to say I think the pairing would work.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    My favourite pairing in the N52 has been Dick and Midnighter. Though obviously not an actual romantic realationship it was undoubtedly flirty and just really worked well for Dick in my opinion! Obviously I'm not saying I want Dick to all of a sudden turn gay, but it was fun seeing him just kind of roll his eyes towards it as opposed to being say hostile about it.
    Ummm, when was this, I neeeed to see it?! <3 And I've always liked the idea of Bruce and Diana personally.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Definitely Power Girl and Val Zod, it just made so much sense that I thought it was perfect

It would be great if this pairing could be revisited.