Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EXCITEMENT for DC Future State & Metal Question

I'm well aware that there is a vocal group that's really opposed to Future State... your entitled to your opinion, though maybe skip this thread.

I'm a DC enthusiast and nearly always enjoy what I purchase.

I for one enjoyed the Earth 2 stories, World's Finest and Convergence stories...

To me Future State looks way better then those stories so I'm really looking forward to some exciting new takes.

Anyone else exited to see all the alternatives like Nubia as WW or Jon as Superman?

I realize some will claim this is just another Future's End, but I haven't actually read that yet, so this will be fresh to me.

Lastly what is essential trades from the Metal run to lead into Future State, I only have a handful of Metal books at this point.

Yj7IwuUs.jpg

Excited for Jon Superman, whatever is going down with John Stewart, Ridley Next Batman, Clark on Warworld and Kara Superwoman.
    Curious about Yara Flor Wonder Woman, Kaldur/Andy team up, and FS JL.
    Indifferent about the rest.

Are you asking about Metal or Death Metal? Death Metal is what will be leading into this event. For that you need to read the original Metal, Scott Snyder’s JL run, Snyder’s Batman Who Laughs mini, and Tynion’s Hell Arisen which is Lex Luthor vs. BWLs.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon kent superman and superman as gladiator is really looking good.

Hugo danner-> superman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Excited for Jon Superman, whatever is going down with John Stewart, Ridley Next Batman, Clark on Warworld and Kara Superwoman.
    Curious about Yara Flor Wonder Woman, Kaldur/Andy team up, and FS JL.
    Indifferent about the rest.

Are you asking about Metal or Death Metal? Death Metal is what will be leading into this event. For that you need to read the original Metal, Scott Snyder’s JL run, Snyder’s Batman Who Laughs mini, and Tynion’s Hell Arisen which is Lex Luthor vs. BWLs.
    Thanks for the info on Death Metal... I'll definitely be collecting the leading up stories to future state.

Gotta say Im suprised no one else seems interested.

I'm interested in the gender bender Teen Justice, including a non Binary Flash for example... one thing I enjoyed about Teen Titans was I often felt there was more out of costume storylines, which is harder to come by in many books.

The idea that future state may be a brighter future, and not a dystopia.

Really intrigued to see how this 2 month event will go and what might be some lasting effects if any

Oh, I am interested, but I think most people are discussing it on the main thread about Future State, really !

And funnily enough, that's the Bat-brand which seems to have the lest interesting stories coming, somehow !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Oh, I am interested, but I think most people are discussing it on the main thread about Future State, really !

And funnily enough, that's the Bat-brand which seems to have the lest interesting stories coming, somehow !
    I hate to admit it but, outside of Next Batman, Brandon Thomas on Outsiders, and Batgirls, I gotta agree with you on the Bat-titles. they don't seem bad or anything, I feel the other titles from Future State are more intriguing. the Bat-brand books don't feel all that different from the usual bat stories. I mean, I guess I'm interested to see how Bruce goes down in Dark Detective (assuming that's where his last stand is) but not super compelled by the idea.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Which is the main thread? Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Which is the main thread? Link?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...C-Future-State
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Yah i read much of that thread... my issue was it was a big standard cbr downer. I WAS hoping for a thread focused more on what made readers excited rather then a lets **** on the next DC story arc or event.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Yah i read much of that thread... my issue was it was a big standard cbr downer. I WAS hoping for a thread focused more on what made readers excited rather then a lets **** on the next DC story arc or event.
    oh yeah I feel you, I'm actually glad you made this thread because I'm actually hella psyched about this event; which i don't usually wholeheartedly feel toward DC events.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    oh yeah I feel you, I'm actually glad you made this thread because I'm actually hella psyched about this event; which i don't usually wholeheartedly feel toward DC events.

Awesome! Well I'm glad ALL 2 of us are amped for some Future State fun.

The Brazilian WW and Nubia the black Wonder Woman have me excited as I'm a WW fan and love the idea of some diversity, hopefully the writers produce authentic takes that really reference hertiage and personal background stories that get us invested in these WW takes.

Mister Mister... we need more moderm material focused around this New God.

Legion of Superheroes... while my exposer to this crew is limited I've always been keen on them since I first read of them in the Superman Transformed tpb (blue superman)

I have really no exposer to midnighter but I'll make this my entrance to the character

Ive read plenty of catwoman in main titles but never collected her solos, I'll make Future State my entrance into collecting Catwoman

I loved Thomas Wayne as Batman in the Earth 2 books and Flashpoint so I think Dark Detective will be another cool spin on the Batman brand.

Flash. Personally I'm okay with the wild journey wally and the flash brand has been on, I wanna see what future state says about the fasted man alive.

Harley... Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn have been brands ive collected, enjoyed, but not loved what ive seen so far, wanna see if future state can blow me away

I'M a massive Superman and Action Comics collector! I am on board to see Jon take on the mantle!

If I had to pick a book that doesn't grab me, its Superwoman, though this is cause I think the costume is bland, hopefully she upgrades

Damn no Power Girl, this would be a cool entrance point.

Shazam, yes, yes and yes!

I COULD go on, but I'm excited.

If I have a complaint it's that smaller characters haven't been brought forward. The line up is a lot of Batmans, Supermans and Wonder Womans...

As for the event lasting 2 months.

THIS to me is a big plus, get a great, consistent, concise story that has a clear beginning, middle and end, doesnt need to drag forever, just tell a great story.

btpjrp6aahu51.jpg
    Last edited by Menacer; 11-03-2020 at 10:29 PM.

I really love the format of FS as anthology books... and I think most of the lines seems great. Really, I already preordered all of the following books at my LCS (hoping that I'll be able to come and get them, since we're again in lockdown here, possibly up to January 31st) :

Superman of Metropolis
    Dark Detective
    Kara Zor-El - Superwoman
    The Next Batman
    Aquaman (Future State)
    Justice League (Future State)
    Superman : Worlds at War
    Immortal Wonder Woman
    Legion of Super-Heroes (Future State)
    Wonder Woman (Future State)
    Superman/Wonder Woman (Future State)
    Teen Titans (Future State)
    Shazam (Future State)

The others don't really interest me, and so far it's definitively the Bat-line which is the least intriguing for me, for those books I'll pick up, because I feel the departure isn't great enough from the current stories, while all the opthers seems to be taking wild swerves.

Also, a great lack of European representation, sadly, but I can live with it
    Last edited by Korath; 11-04-2020 at 05:03 AM.

Future State turned out to be exactly what I wanted from DC, the length not withstanding (I wish it was the new status quo instead of just two months long lol). Even as a Nightwing fan first and foremost, the fact that I'm looking forward to books like Aquaman so much more says a lot about how cool Future State is I think. So it's nice that a properly positive thread like this one exists.

I'm gonna be picking up quite a lot from DC for these two months, currently I'm only reading the Doom Metal story in Justice League and nothing else so all I can say is I'm glad I can actually be excited about DC again. I hope they can carry some of this energy forward to March and onward, but we'll see. Anyways, actually listing everything I'm going to check out is a pretty good exercise to remember the things to pick up when the time comes.

My list:
    Nightwing
    The Next Batman
    Immortal Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman
    Superman/Wonder Woman
    Superman of Metropolis
    Kara Zor-El, Superwoman
    Superman: Worlds of War
    Teen Titans
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Shazam

Superman vs. Imperious Lex and the Green Lantern issues are maybes for now, they look cool but not enough that I feel like I need to pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Future State turned out to be exactly what I wanted from DC, the length not withstanding (I wish it was the new status quo instead of just two months long lol). Even as a Nightwing fan first and foremost, the fact that I'm looking forward to books like Aquaman so much more says a lot about how cool Future State is I think. So it's nice that a properly positive thread like this one exists.

I'm gonna be picking up quite a lot from DC for these two months, currently I'm only reading the Doom Metal story in Justice League and nothing else so all I can say is I'm glad I can actually be excited about DC again. I hope they can carry some of this energy forward to March and onward, but we'll see. Anyways, actually listing everything I'm going to check out is a pretty good exercise to remember the things to pick up when the time comes.

My list:
    Nightwing
    The Next Batman
    Immortal Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman
    Superman/Wonder Woman
    Superman of Metropolis
    Kara Zor-El, Superwoman
    Superman: Worlds of War
    Teen Titans
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Shazam

Superman vs. Imperious Lex and the Green Lantern issues are maybes for now, they look cool but not enough that I feel like I need to pick them up.
    Yah I really like this list, I'm really looking forwards to branching out nightwing is a line I wanna grab too!

As more updates come we will have to revisit this thread

There is some more information coming about FS : https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-nation...state-special/