Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    This may not count, but with the Animated universe being brought up, I got to bring up my namesake Victor Sage (The Question) and Helena Bertinelli (Huntress). They had a bit odd but sweet relationship that worked well. Plus they always had a strange "Noir" like vibe with their relationship.... which may just be because The Question is around, I'm not sure, but it worked.

I enjoyed the echo of the JLUA Huntress & Question chemistry with the accidental couples chemistry between pre-Nu52 Helena and Renee Montoya as Question.

It was enough to make Renee's ex Kate/Batwoman jealous!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rockym View Post
    You're out of your mind! TTGo Terra was nothing like the one in the old cartoon, except maybe for looks. TTGo Terra was even worse than the original comics Terra. And her "identical twin sister" was supposed to be the original Terra returned, but DC kept messing up and rewriting her origin.

And I used to see the funny until the episode "Rocks and Water". The writers openly mocked and insulted fans of Terra and BBTerra. The worst was when they had BB actually hit Terra, something he's never ever done, nor would he ever do.

And I thought Ravagers was a pretty good comic. But I guess all the Batsheep and Supersheep that DC has for fans these days didn't. That's the only fans DC seems to care about anymore.
    She's the same character in the sense that all the other characters in TTG are essentially the same as the ones from the old cartoon. She was the original Terra from a different timeline where she hadn't lost her marbles.

Wow so you dropped the show because of a single episode where Beast Boy does something he normally wouldn't... which was much like the rest of the show where the characters constantly did things their other versions wouldn't do.

Or you know, 2 Titans and a bunch of Wildstorm characters don't sell in this day and age, especially not when their book was born out of an event most people despise.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    DC Comics
    CLASSIC PAIRINGS - Ones I believe should exist across all mediums. Comics, Films, TV, etc.
    Superman + Lois Lane
    Batman + Catwoman
    Doctor Fate + Inza Cramer
    Aquaman + Mera
    Wonder Woman + Steve Trevor
    The Flash (Barry) + Iris West
    Hawkman (Carter/Katar) + Hawkgirl (Shiera/Shayera)
    Beast Boy + Raven

ANIMATED PAIRINGS - Ones I have come to support after having seen in DC Animated TV Shows
    Huntress + The Question (Justice League Unlimited)
    Kid Flash (Wally) + Artemis (Young Justice)
    Wildcat + Golden-Age Black Canary (Batman: the Brave and the Bold)

Marvel Comics
    CLASSIC PAIRINGS - Ones I believe should exist across all mediums. Comics, Films, TV, etc.
    Spider-Man + Mary Jane
    Cyclops + Jean Grey
    Colossus + Kitty Pryde
    Nice list!

My favorite couples are Superman x Lois and Batman x Catwoman. I really like Aquaman x Mera, Babs x Dick, Barda x Scott, WW x Steve and Kate x Rene or Maggie too.

I'm tired of all the "classic" pairings, honestly. Go in different directions. Which to DC's credit, they have indeed done and I will continue to support that. Only exception in my mind really is Bruce and Selina, only because that classic ship is so dysfunctional that outside of the old Earth Two, we never truly get to see them give it an honest go.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm tired of all the "classic" pairings, honestly. Go in different directions. Which to DC's credit, they have indeed done and I will continue to support that. Only exception in my mind really is Bruce and Selina, only because that classic ship is so dysfunctional that outside of the old Earth Two, we never truly get to see them give it an honest go.
    Yeah, really, Bruce and Selina are pretty much the only classic pairing I really feel any attachment to other than just ones old enough that you get used to them as the status quo.

Mind you, there are plenty pairings that I can't stand.

I thought it was interesting when Futures End hinted at a history between Ollie and Lois. Of course it was never explored, but it would be something I'd be interested in seeing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I thought it was interesting when Futures End hinted at a history between Ollie and Lois. Of course it was never explored, but it would be something I'd be interested in seeing.
    I really don't like lois being thrown out to other superheroes, when her relationship with jon carool doesn't even get a development.

the thing about classical pairing is that they are good, thi sis why they get sone over and over again and people never get tired.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I really don't like lois being thrown out to other superheroes, when her relationship with jon carool doesn't even get a development.

the thing about classical pairing is that they are good, thi sis why they get sone over and over again and people never get tired.
    *Some* people never got tired.They'll always be people who prefer that their hero explore different relationships
    Last edited by Baseman; 01-14-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Kyle Rayner + Donna Troy
    Nightwing + Starfire
    Wally West + Linda Park
    Green Arrow + Black Canary
    Hal Jordan + Carol Ferris

I prefer a single Superman in a love quadrangle with Lois Lane, Lana Lang, and Lori Lemaris. Ditto Batman with Catwoman, Talia, and Julie Madison.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    *Some* people never got tired.They'll always be people who prefer that their hero explore different relationships
    you mean majority

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

you mean majority
    I think you're wrong there. I would say a majority of people are more comfortable with the status quo.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I think you're wrong there. I would say a majority of people are more comfortable with the status quo.
    maybe they really like the status quo and don't see reasons to change it

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

maybe they really like the status quo and don't see reasons to change it
    Okay, I think I misread your earlier post. I thought you were referring to Baseman's second sentence of his post and not his first. Therefore, we are in agreement.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I do tend to prefer characters with their "classic" love interests, if not only because that's the relationship I'm most used to seeing them in but also because I just tend to like and enjoy the relationship in general (which is probably why people go back to those relationships so much ).

Though I wouldn't say that I'm against exploring new relationships, as long as it's handled well, but I'll always be waiting for the status quo to come back, relatively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    Silver Age Katar and Shayera will always be my fave.
    As much as I enjoyed the will they or won't they aspect of the Carter/Kendra pairing under Goyer/Johns, the Silver Age Katar and Shayera pairing (specifically in the "Shadow War" period) is the tops.
    When I thought I couldn't find more to love about the Hawks of that era, Tim Truman added fuel to the fire with his Convergence Hawks title. This is a partnership...