Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Wesley Dodds and Dian Belmont as my choice, though.
    Definitely the best one. Presented in a mature fashion that really rang true.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Definitely the best one. Presented in a mature fashion that really rang true.
    I'm somewhat curious to know how they were outside of Wagner's and Seagle's pens.
    BB

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

I'm somewhat curious to know how they were outside of Wagner's and Seagle's pens.
    James Robinson handled them excellently in Starman's "Sand & Stars" and "Infernal Devices."

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    James Robinson handled them excellently in Starman's "Sand & Stars" and "Infernal Devices."
    Yeah, I would say that was completely in line with the SMT romance. They were older and a bit more set in their ways, but they were still the same daring couple they were in SMT.

spoilers:
    The next time we'd see Wesley, however, Dian had passed away, and Wes was in Tibet to encounter the Grey Man to pass his dreams onto Sandy. That's at the begining of Robinson's JSA run.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 03-03-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    I've read that arc but I remember Wagner having a hand in it. Or it was just Guy Davis just helping on the art.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Yeah, I would say that was completely in line with the SMT romance. They were older and a bit more set in their ways, but they were still the same daring couple they were in SMT.
    Which was a bit of a spoiler of their fate if the reader was only familiar with them through SMT.
    BB

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

I've read that arc but I remember Wagner having a hand in it. Or it was just Guy Davis just helping on the art.
    Davis was guest-artist for an issue of the former arc, yes.

Well, Wally and Artemis were pretty cute.

Ultimate Member

To bad they killed him off and then acted like he never existed...wish that they would have had another season and he would have come back to her...

It was kind of an informal crossover. Wagner and Robinson were close friends. Wagner was actually instrumental in getting James into the US comics industry after James had moderated a panel Wagner was on at a late '80s UK con. Robinson was actually supposed to take over Grendel after issue 50, but Comico folded before that could happen. (Actually, it's a similiar story with Seagle, but at least some of Seagle's Comico work actually appeared. Seagle was also supposed to work with Mike Allred on a Comico series, but that fell through. Allred became penpals with Wagner while stationed in Germany with the Air Force, and he would send Matt samples and paintings. I don't think Matt gets the credit he deserves for discovering talent and helping them into the industry. We could add Sam Keith, Greg Rucka, etc.)

Davis did the art for a Starman "Times Past" and a few more pages here and there.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Wally West (pre-DC52) and...well, anyone not a villain and of legal age, really, but was very happy with canon Linda Park.
    Superman and...

You know, right now -no kidding- this moment I'm [trying not to] listen to my parents foul-mouth each other. So I think my favorite relationships would be platonic ones.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Incredible Member

i miss hawkman and hawkgirl. how long has it been since they were written as a couple?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    i miss hawkman and hawkgirl. how long has it been since they were written as a couple?

Brightest Day in 2011.

Geoff Johns who was the head writer on the revived JSA series (1999-2011 although Johns left JSA in 2006) brought back Carter Hall (The Golden Age Hawkman but in the body of Katar Hol) in 2002 and used Kendra Saunders (Sheira Hall's niece) for Hawkgirl in 1999. Although Kendra Saunders possessed the soul of Sheira Hall, since Kendra commited suicide and Sheira's soul found it's way into her niece's body. Kendra Hawkgirl had all of Kendra's memories but none of Sheira's. While Carter had all of his memories, just not his original body. During JSA and the subsequent Hawkman/Hawkgirl series; Carter would try to initate a relationship with Kendra/Sheira (since they still possessed a connection but Kendra was resistant and never pursued one.

Both were killed at the start of Blackest Night but were revived at the end by the White Lantern. Carter discovered that he was restored completely to his original body and Sheira was restored to her original body too. Both with all their memories from past lives.

My number one superhero pairing is Aquaman and Mera, but after that it goes (in no particular order):

- Batman and Catwoman
    - Superman and Lois Lane
    - Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris
    - Hawkman and Hawkgirl
    - Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor
    - Barry Allen and Iris West
    - Green Arrow and Black Canary
    - Dick Grayson and Batgirl/Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Brightest Day in 2011.

Geoff Johns who was the head writer on the revived JSA series (1999-2011 although Johns left JSA in 2006) brought back Carter Hall (The Golden Age Hawkman but in the body of Katar Hol) in 2002 and used Kendra Saunders (Sheira Hall's niece) for Hawkgirl in 1999. Although Kendra Saunders possessed the soul of Sheira Hall, since Kendra commited suicide and Sheira's soul found it's way into her niece's body. Kendra Hawkgirl had all of Kendra's memories but none of Sheira's. While Carter had all of his memories, just not his original body. During JSA and the subsequent Hawkman/Hawkgirl series; Carter would try to initate a relationship with Kendra/Sheira (since they still possessed a connection but Kendra was resistant and never pursued one.

Both were killed at the start of Blackest Night but were revived at the end by the White Lantern. Carter discovered that he was restored completely to his original body and Sheira was restored to her original body too. Both with all their memories from past lives.
    i remember that hawkgirl said that she still loves hawkman just before they got killed in blackest night. i can't recall brightest day though. it's probably in the issues that i skipped.

i wish that dc would restore the hawkman and hawkgirl dynamic. these two were created and intended to be together.