Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Wally West (pre-DC52) and...well, anyone not a villain and of legal age, really, but was very happy with canon Linda Park
    True.

Same with Dick Grayson, he works with everybody lol. Donna, Starfire, Babs...you name it.

Astonishing Member

hawkman and hawkgirl for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Brightest Day in 2011.

Geoff Johns who was the head writer on the revived JSA series (1999-2011 although Johns left JSA in 2006) brought back Carter Hall (The Golden Age Hawkman but in the body of Katar Hol) in 2002 and used Kendra Saunders (Sheira Hall's niece) for Hawkgirl in 1999. Although Kendra Saunders possessed the soul of Sheira Hall, since Kendra commited suicide and Sheira's soul found it's way into her niece's body. Kendra Hawkgirl had all of Kendra's memories but none of Sheira's. While Carter had all of his memories, just not his original body. During JSA and the subsequent Hawkman/Hawkgirl series; Carter would try to initate a relationship with Kendra/Sheira (since they still possessed a connection but Kendra was resistant and never pursued one.

Both were killed at the start of Blackest Night but were revived at the end by the White Lantern. Carter discovered that he was restored completely to his original body and Sheira was restored to her original body too. Both with all their memories from past lives.
    were there any other stories written after brightest day? it's hard to keep track these days.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    True.

Same with Dick Grayson, he works with everybody lol. Donna, Starfire, Babs...you name it.
    Yes....when he was allowed to. I miss Nightwing and his inclusion in the Bat Family. New series is too 'realistic' based for me. Boring as a Bond film. (no insult intended to those who do enjoy 007.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    were there any other stories written after brightest day? it's hard to keep track these days.
    No. Brightest Day ended in June 2011. New 52 launched in August 2011. By then most storylines were wrapping up/concluding before the reboot. Except for GL, Batman, and Aquaman + Mera + Aqualad Jackson. They got to keep parts if not most of their continuities moving forward. Johns wrote Blackest Night and Brightest Day. So the new directions he set GL and the revived Aquaman on carried over since he was the writer of both titles. Grant Morrisson's Batman and Robin and Batman Inc also briefly carried over into New 52.

Everyone else got a hard reboot.

Tim Drake and Conner Kent....

........should've been canon.

Good ol' Lois & Clark.

And good ol' Dick & Babs.

Superman and Maxima was my favorite. George Perez created gold with that one.

If we were talking Marvel I really liked Cyclopes ans Phoenix.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I never thought the Kyle/Donna thing was such a great idea, but what really killed that pairing for me was the time in the mid-90s when Donna started reading Kyle the riot act because, even though he had already joined the Titans at that point, he sometimes felt that "staying home to meet my professional obligations by working around the clock on an art project to hand it in by deadline -- and get paid" was more important than showing up at Titans Tower for every single scheduled training session!

Kyle's case was that he was trying to make an honest living, and he didn't see why he should let himself starve, and fail to make the rent, just so he could hang out with the Titans all the time. Donna apparently felt that was a very flimsy excuse and if he really cared about the superhero thing, he'd show up for every single training session as a Sacred Duty!

I felt Kyle was 100 percent right, and Donna was 100 percent wrong. If she was going to snipe at him every time he tried to fulfill a promise to have certain work done by a certain time, then their relationship was doomed from the start.

(In other words, if the Titans wanted to have "first dibs" on a man's time, they should have been offering that man a living wage. But they weren't -- so they should have just learned to live with the fact that he had to make a living on his own time, and would squeeze them in around the edges when he could.)
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 03-09-2015 at 07:41 AM.

I always preferred Kyle with Jade, that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I always preferred Kyle with Jade, that was fun.
    They kept things light.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I could ship Hawkgirl (Shayera) with John or Hawkman, I'm mostly just wanting her back in the books.
    I could also probably ship Dick Grayson and Batman with a multitude of DC's characters.

Some of my OTP's:
    Aquaman & Mera
    Guy Gardner & Ice
    and... Tim Drake & Kon

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Superman and Maxima was my favorite
    Hmm, what an intriguing choice.

Maxima sure wanted it to happen, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    They kept things light.
    .... because they both had light based powers....
    I have no beef with Vegans