Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by gimpboy76 View Post
    Were we supposed to know who she had a meeting with in the teaser at the end?
    This was my question as well (before I it slipped my mind completely considering how underwhelming this issue was)....who the heck was that guy... and if we're not supposed to know him, how is a cliffhanger where some absolutely ordinary looking guy answers the door supposed to be even remotely interesting?

All-New Member

I was actually prompted to start an account on this forum, just to see if I could figure out what the big deal is with that guy Kate is seeing in the last panel. I'll be looking through my old BW issues to see if he was a recurring/pre-existing character, but he did not ring any bells when I saw him. As the poster above me already stated, I concur that seeing a totally normal looking dude, as the reason our protagonist had to postpone spending time with her fiance, was a weird choice for a cliffhanger.
    Last edited by Bethrazuul; 05-26-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    This was my question as well (before I it slipped my mind completely considering how underwhelming this issue was)....who the heck was that guy... and if we're not supposed to know him, how is a cliffhanger where some absolutely ordinary looking guy answers the door supposed to be even remotely interesting?
    That would be the therapist that Maggie set her up with seeing. Looks like she's going to take it seriously.

This entire arc has been ho-hum. It's good, but not good. I do not dislike it, but I think it needs work. I do like all of the scenes outside of the costume part though. A real, genuine relationship there and I do feel how much these two love each other. Good stuff in that part, just needs to up everything else.

I can understand how Williams' fans may feel otherwise but personally, I dropped the book during his tenure. I found his writing hard to follow and the artwork too "out there" for my liking. I started picking the book up again when Marc took over. I have long been a fan of Andreyko's writing and have enjoyed it here. I find the art to be competent, if not remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    It feels like this Wolf Spider stuff is never going to end.
    Well, this arc is over, but since his identity was left up in the air, presumably he'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It would have been much better if Andreyko had come up with more than one suspect for the identity of Wolf Spider. Making it blatantly obvious from the start it's Evan without any other possible candidates makes me confused as to why his identity is being hidden for so long in the first place. It feels like a half-assed mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I'm thinking it's so obvious that it's got to be a red herring.
    I've always felt the same way as dupersuper, though we've been given no other viable suspects up to this point. Perhaps that will happen in the follow-up story?
    Jim Zimmerman
    co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Incredible Member

issue 31 hasnt arrived chez maison iron chimp yet but i am really like jeremy huan's art - williams is a monster but i much prefer huan's drawing of kate out of costume. It's def an easier read under Andreyko and Huan and while i enjoy a good challenging read, this stylish pulp / crime noir style at the moment is an enjoyable way to kick back and switch off.

anyone checking blackman's Elecktra? i am going to give it a shot to see if he has tweaked his structuring a bit from batwoman. book looks really nice too.