Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
She apologized in the last issue.

Great scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
This part should be changed to: 95% of the time men when domestic violence is reported it is males distributing the violence. , men usually don't report domestic violence for several reasons but it does happen. There are even several cases that what led to the male being charged for domestic violence is in retaliation to female abuse.

People really just need to learn to keep their hands to themselves on both sides of the gender coin.
Fair point, and that's probably what I meant to say, but thanks for pointing it out.

And I agree about both sides behaving, but I also don't really think that was the point of the issue or that we should read too deeply into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
I don't think that's the double standard. Cheating is gross regardless of gender, as far as I know. It's casual sex where women are judged and men are congratulated.

Mind I don't think domestic violence fits this either. As another poster mentioned DV really implies a sustained attempt at using a high-trust relationship to break someone down. Slapping someone in the heat of the moment is wrong, but to me it is pretty much the same as any superhero argument where they punch instead of talking.

Superheroes in general are absolutely vicious to each other, even if they are best friends/lovers/family members. There's hundreds of examples of people in comics who beat each other senseless during a verbal disagreement. In this context, trying to equate a slap to domestic violence seems weird to me. I mean I can see where they were going with this and I agree there's a double standard re: female-on-male violence, but I don't think this was very effective.
Yeah, I just meant that I felt the scene was more an indictment for Clint's sleeping around than anything else people are reading into it. But you're right, it's not really that, either.

And everything else you say is spot on.