Super Moderator

Default Harley Quinn's Wackiest Capers: The Moments that Defined DC's Clown Princess

Join CBR as we celebrate some of the finest and most outlandish moments in the madcap career of Harley Quinn.

Full article here.

BANNED

I'd add the time she had the slumber party with Catwoman, Body Doubles and I think Ivy as well.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If her career were never celebrated again, it would be too soon. Not a fan.

Its missing her Batman Brave and the Bold appearances

What's recommended reading for Harley Quinn?
    I would say nothing she's one of those characters that is so defined by her voice and personality that her stories don't really matter much

"Harley was tortured with a car battery hooked to her cheeks. Even though her pain, Harley quipped and never lost her edge. It was revealed during the torture that Harley had killed every lawyer ever assigned to defend her in court. From this insanity, it was clear to fans that this Harley possessed a darker edge and could still find her smile, even subjected to vast amounts of pain and suffering."

And this is why I don't read anything from The New 52 era of DC, or much from before it's launch. Everything is torture, suffering, destruction, violence and gore. Even if everything isn't that way, so much of it is and it drowns everything else out. You can keep it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    "Harley was tortured with a car battery hooked to her cheeks. Even though her pain, Harley quipped and never lost her edge. It was revealed during the torture that Harley had killed every lawyer ever assigned to defend her in court. From this insanity, it was clear to fans that this Harley possessed a darker edge and could still find her smile, even subjected to vast amounts of pain and suffering."

And this is why I don't read anything from The New 52 era of DC, or much from before it's launch. Everything is torture, suffering, destruction, violence and gore. Even if everything isn't that way, so much of it is and it drowns everything else out. You can keep it.
    Yes, that Harley stuff is what is wrong with The New 52 and DC under Harras and the rest.

BANNED

I'd agree up to the point where she lately teamed up with Power Girl. Sorry but that was just plain fun for me. I think it's more what the old Harley would do. Part of the problem is that she was created for Batman animated, a show for kids and she kept that, but DC brought her into full adult stories, almost like a Clockwork Orange style and at least until recently it wasn't working for me. I still can't look at her in Suicide Squad, but her current book hasn't pushed me away yet.

All-New Member

I hate her sexed up costumes. The original harlequin outfit was so iconic.

Ultimate Member

I like her Assault on Arkham costume myself. I hope that she wears something like that in the Suicide Squad movie. Or perhaps something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/SjELZ43.jpg

I like Harley if she's written well. Sadly, she is almost NEVER written well. This is of course my own interpretation of her, but I see her as more of a sad character, a therapist who fell from grace by being manipulated by one of her patients. Her personality is warped, and the "giggly groupie" routine she has is irritating.
    Favorite characters: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Ozymandias, The Riddler, Hellboy, Renee Montoya.

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post

Yes because the torturing, destruction, violence and gore started in the New52 era.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Of course not; however, when it becomes standard at a company that alleges to produce material for all ages and in books that are not implicitly stated to be for mature audiences (as if gratuitous violence is a symbol of maturity, any more than profanity), you have to wonder about the people running the show. For all of their talk about telling mature stories it comes across more of an adolescent's idea of maturity (violence, shock, profanity, exploitive sex and nudity). DC was never perfect but The New 52 era (plus a few years before) symbolized a new low for the publisher, one that just happens to coincide with turning the keys over to people with questionable credentials. Marvel isn't innocent of this, but haven't been near as gratuitous as recent era DC. I was a bookseller and when I would have parents wanting to get graphic novels for their kids, who loved Batman, for example, it was pretty frustrating to have to caution them to view the content first and decide if they thought it was appropriate, even though it wasn't labelled as for mature audiences. A large chunk of them felt it wasn't and put it back. meanwhile, I could hand them a reprint collection, from the 70s or 80s and could sell it to them for kids or could sell it to adults. It's about storytelling, not shock value.

The New52 era Suicide Squad book is garbage. Poorly written, generic plots, and easily the worst version of Harley Quinn that has ever been published. Stay far away.

Now, the solo Harley Quinn book is one of the best comics put out by DC. Great writing/art, fun stories, and Harley doesn't look like an ICP groupie. It's night and day how good this book is compared to Suicide Squad, which is one of the worst titles put out by DC at the moment. Her solo book has resulted in Harley becoming one of my favorite comic characters, which in the past was just not the case, Mad Love notwithstanding.