Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member

It was not just Simone on BOP, but also Snyder getting Swamp Thing, Lemire on Superboy and Animal Man as well as Kruhl on GA. Between Blackest Night and Nu52, Johns seemed to have gotten a good deal of creative and editorial power at DC especially in books related to Brightest Day (and BoP fell under that due to Hawk/Dove). I suspect the Robinson Hawkman and the Clevinger Firestorm were both under his aegis before the reboot too.

But it was not due to the Architects thing. His star seems to have been ascendent around Blackest Night around 09-10 since that was the time of the regime change at DC and Johns getting the Chief Creative Officer role. But prior to post-52 and Countdown i don't think he had that sort of power at DC other than being a major creator especially during 08 since he was flirting with a return to Marvel at that point.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-21-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It was not just Simone on BOP, but also Snyder getting Swamp Thing, Lemire on Superboy and Animal Man as well as Kruhl on GA. Between Blackest Night and Nu52, Johns seemed to have gotten a good deal of creative and editorial power at DC especially in books related to Brightest Day (and BoP fell under that due to Hawk/Dove). I suspect the Robinson Hawkman and the Clevinger Firestorm were both under his aegis before the reboot too.

But it was not due to the Architects thing. His star seems to have been ascendent around Blackest Night around 09-10 since that was the time of the regime change at DC and Johns getting the Chief Creative Officer role. But prior to post-52 and Countdown i don't think he had that sort of power at DC other than being a major creator especially during 08 since he was flirting with a return to Marvel at that point.
    which makes the nigh-complete collapse of johns' influence (on the comics front at least) since then somewhat jarring.

Astonishing Member

I think it's more due to the fact that Nu52 was more Jim Lee and Dan Didio's pet project and Johns's attention was diverted towards projects outside of publishing such as the Green Lantern movie.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    According to Waid, they made promises to him inexchange for his return to the Flash book after the death of Bart and immediately broke all the promises when he agreed.
    Eh, I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Eh, I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.
    Why, because Waid has a big mouth?

All the stuff I posted a few pages back - outside the ones which only concern Waid's POV, of course - is verifiable trough other sources.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Why, because Waid has a big mouth?

All the stuff I posted a few pages back - outside the ones which only concern Waid's POV, of course - is verifiable trough other sources.
    Sure, but based on other info that was posted a while ago, Didio apparently liked Waid and was planning to put him in a higher position.

And considering Waid's tendency of exaggerating...

Sure, but based on other info that was posted a while ago, Didio apparently liked Waid and was planning to put him in a higher position.
    That's actually one of the things I said back there.

Always Rakzo

That's actually one of the things I said back there.
    Really? Well then I don't see a clear verdict here.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

No matter the official story, anything could have happened. Maybe Waid got a raw deal, or maybe something happened to screw up his deal. Even when all parties involved get along, things don't always work out. When that happens, a guy's gotta vent. I wouldn't blame Waid for being upset even if it was his own fault things fell through. Mind you, that's a hypothetical situation.

But it sounds like not all the facts are in, so moot point.

Sure there is. No matter how you look at it, there was a situation where we got:

"- Hey, Mark, you're now one of the people in charge of deciding the future of the DC universe. And we will actually throw Dan Didio's job your way.

- Yeah, you know what, just kidding! But thanks for making that placeholder Flash book sell, anyway!"

Doesn't matter what you think of Waid, the person; what he stated was that "the promises made to him were broken shortly after he went back to Flash". A lot of those promises are traceable, and they were indeed broken.

Always Rakzo

Sure there is. No matter how you look at it, there was a situation where we got:

"- Hey, Mark, you're now one of the people in charge of deciding the future of the DC universe. And we will actually throw Dan Didio's job your way.

- Yeah, you know what, just kidding! But thanks for making that placeholder Flash book sell, anyway!"

Doesn't matter what you think of Waid, the person; what he stated was that "the promises made to him were broken shortly after he went back to Flash". A lot of those promises are traceable, and they were indeed broken.
    Not really due that the interview that explained that Waid was offered the EIC job came AFTER when he started spilling a lot of things about DC so is most likely that he just let his rage get the best of him.

Not really due that the interview that explained that Waid was offered the EIC job came AFTER when he started spilling a lot of things about DC so is most likely that he just let his rage get the best of him.
    I'm talking about a lot of interviews, not a single one.

And if that is the case - Waid getting angry and throwing it in the fan - it doesn't matter. The point is if it's true or not that "Waid left due to the breaking of a number of promises". And everything I can find indicate that yes, that is true. If you think that Waid handled the situation poorly, or was somehow responsible for things going south or just want to criticize him for talking a lot of crap, go for it.

But none of that will invalidate a true claim; if he said "I left because promises were broken"", and promises were indeed broken, that's it. You may think the guy is a complete idiot, but the point will still stand.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 02-23-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Always Rakzo

I'm talking about a[ B]lot of[/B] interviews, not a single one.

And if that is the case - Waid getting angry and throwing it in the fan - it doesn't matter. The point is if it's true or not that "Waid left due to the breaking of a number of promises". And everything I can find indicate that yes, that is true. If you think that Waid handled the situation poorly, or was somehow responsible for things going south or just want to criticize him for talking a lot of crap, go for it.

But none of that will invalidate a true claim; if he said "I left because promises were broken"", and promises were indeed broken, that's it. You may think the guy is a complete idiot, but the point will still stand.
    Okay, I can live with that.