Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aquaman

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Default Aquaman

Since you're going to be the new writer of Aquaman, I thought I would preemptively make a new thread (if you want to wait on this thread until your first Aqua-book is released, please do delete this thread). I'm really excited to see where you take the character as I've loved almost all of his development since the beginning of the New 52.
    I do have a small question: Can we expect Mera to still be a large contributor to Aquaman's stories going forward, and will we be seeing any more details of her past going forward (like her sister, Siren, making a return)?
    Thanks in advance!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Since you're going to be the new writer of Aquaman, I thought I would preemptively make a new thread (if you want to wait on this thread until your first Aqua-book is released, please do delete this thread). I'm really excited to see where you take the character as I've loved almost all of his development since the beginning of the New 52.
    I do have a small question: Can we expect Mera to still be a large contributor to Aquaman's stories going forward, and will we be seeing any more details of her past going forward (like her sister, Siren, making a return)?
    Thanks in advance!
    I'm excited for Aquaman! There are so many images in my inbox I only wish I could show you!

Mera will continue to be a HUGE part of the story.

As for Siren... mmmmmmmmaybe.

While I was sad to see Jeff Parker leave, as I was really enjoying his run, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you take on Aquaman Mr. Bunn and will for sure be picking it up, and I'm sure you'll maintain the high quality of your predecessors on the book. No pressure .

Also really happy that Mera will continue to be huge part of the story .

Hi Mr. Bunn,

I was wondering (if you're allowed to tell us) is there a possibility that we might see Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm) in your run? Also could we see the return of the Aqua-marriage and a living version of Aquababy (Arthur Curry Jr.)?
    Last edited by KurtW95; 02-20-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Can you speak a little bit to your influences on this book? Not necessarily direct things like "Geoff Johns' run" or what have you (not asking for spoilers), but general thematic stuff? I've always seen the book as an obvious place to incorporate some influences from JG Ballard and RR Martin, for instance, sweeping epics with a socio-political bent and grounded sci-fi.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Can you speak a little bit to your influences on this book? Not necessarily direct things like "Geoff Johns' run" or what have you (not asking for spoilers), but general thematic stuff? I've always seen the book as an obvious place to incorporate some influences from JG Ballard and RR Martin, for instance, sweeping epics with a socio-political bent and grounded sci-fi.
    Without giving away too much, I think science fantasy like the John Carter of Mars stories play a big role in how I interpret Aquaman. That kind of stuff will be balanced with some "intrigue of court" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    I'm excited for Aquaman! There are so many images in my inbox I only wish I could show you!

Mera will continue to be a HUGE part of the story.

As for Siren... mmmmmmmmaybe.
    Well, I certainly would never oppose any Aqua-spoilers showing up.

Glad to here Mera will continue playing a role. She contributes to 51% of my enjoyment for Aquaman's book after all. I look forward to seeing where you take these characters.

I know I might be asking too many details before we've even seen the first cover but...Are we going to see any more exploration of Tula's relation to Orm?

Astonishing Member

Without giving away too much, I think science fantasy like the John Carter of Mars stories play a big role in how I interpret Aquaman. That kind of stuff will be balanced with some "intrigue of court" so to speak.
    Thats brilliant, just what I was hoping for. Looking forward to seeing where you take it, sir!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Hey Mr. Bunn

Are we going to see any build up to the Seven Seas storyline that's been talked about for so long? Also, are you going to be revamping any more of Arthur's old rogues gallery, and/or adding some new ones?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hey Mr. Bunn

Are we going to see any build up to the Seven Seas storyline that's been talked about for so long? Also, are you going to be revamping any more of Arthur's old rogues gallery, and/or adding some new ones?
    The Seven Seas story is for someone else to tell.

You will, however, be seeing a rogues gallery both old and new!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Awesome! Can't wait!

Ooh and the speculation begins!

(Wonder if it means that Seven Seas story will show up in Geoff John's Justice League, or something...)
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

I'm glad you're not being forced to take part in the Seven Seas story. I am excited for it but I think the best stories are the ones a writer wants to tell, not the ones they have it.

I can't wait to see who you bring back... Marine Marauder? Charybdis? FISHERMAN?!? I'd love to see some of Aquaman's Rogues (from the coolest to the cheesiest) brought back.

I'd be happy to finally see Black Manta back and tussling with Aquaman .

Mr. Bunn, can you give us any insight on Aquaman's possible new costume for your run?

BANNED

Hello Mr. Bunn.

Kind of related to Frontier's question, is Aquaman's new trident a different trident or a redesign of the current one?