View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Wally is the GOAT among the options listed
    Jay is another fave (and he has the best costume modeled after the OG speedster and actual God of Speed)
    Bart Allen I came to enjoy as Impulse.

But I like the following more: Max Mercury, Zoom, Savatar, Jesse Quick, and the bestest XS for the cool name and awesome costume

With 204 people having voted,
    * Wally West = 125 votes
    * Barry Allen = 57 votes
    * Jay Garrick = 17 votes
    * Bart Allen = 5 votes

Jay Garrick really needs more support here . . .

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Wally was my Flash. I read some Barry stuff, but really the only Barry stuff I liked was stuff written after he died. Stuff like JLA: Year One. I think the edge Wally has is he has always been written with more personality while Barry was from the era where for the first half of his run at least personality was not that big a factor. Wally had years of character development in Teen Titans that really advanced him as a real person and not just generic run fast guy. Then when Barry died and Wally took up the mantle it was the age where character work was just as much a factor as the the superheroics. That goes even more for Wally because he was the first big hero to take up the mantle of his fallen mentor so he had all that hanging over him too.

Boisterously Confused

I don't have a favorite, and so didn't vote. Each was right for his time, and I liked them all (although, I will admit Bart comes in a distant last).

ETA: I will say that Barry's setup as a CSI probably gives him the widest range of story possibilities.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 07-31-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Five more people voted since my last tally . . . thank you to the one who voted for Jay!

Spectacular Member

As a kid, I had a smattering of Barry Allen Flash books. I was more interested in Hal Jordan and Batman though. After the original Crisis, I was all in on Byrne and Superman, the Perez WW, and Mike Baron and Wally. Yes some of that early stuff was kind of wonky, but I liked where Waid and Johns took the character. I didn’t mind any of the legacy characters in Kyle, Connor, and Wally, and didn’t mind the return of Barry either. I’m just not all that crazy about DC as a whole since the New 52 reboot(s). What is/isn’t canon is dizzying. I’m firmly in ‘been there, read that’ mode with comics in general, which is why I have no issues cutting chaff from my pull list and passing on a lot of new stuff. Point is, my main reading experience is with Wally. Therefore my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    As a kid, I had a smattering of Barry Allen Flash books. I was more interested in Hal Jordan and Batman though. After the original Crisis, I was all in on Byrne and Superman, the Perez WW, and Mike Baron and Wally. Yes some of that early stuff was kind of wonky, but I liked where Waid and Johns took the character. I didn’t mind any of the legacy characters in Kyle, Connor, and Wally, and didn’t mind the return of Barry either. I’m just not all that crazy about DC as a whole since the New 52 reboot(s). What is/isn’t canon is dizzying. I’m firmly in ‘been there, read that’ mode with comics in general, which is why I have no issues cutting chaff from my pull list and passing on a lot of new stuff. Point is, my main reading experience is with Wally. Therefore my vote.
    Flashpoint and New 52 pretty much irreparably harmed the DCU for me.

Incredible Member

Wally West, Simple enough.

He was my 1st Flash I knew of thanks to Grant Morrison's JLA and Bruce Timm's DCAU. Heck I have a photo and autograph with Michael Rosembaum (of Smallville fame) cause I consider him to be the definitive VOICE of the Flash from JLU.

REMINDER: This thread was started back in February of 2015.

-------------------------
    With 214 people having voted,
    * Wally West = 130 votes
    * Barry Allen = 61 votes
    * Jay Garrick = 18 votes
    * Bart Allen = 5 votes