View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

NOTE: This thread was first created in February of 2015
    (and later had others added in to it)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With 167 voters at last check, the poll results were:
    * Wally West = 107 votes
    * Barry Allen = 40 votes
    * Jay Garrick = 16 votes
    * Bart Allen = 4 votes

It'll be interesting to see what changes may occur after sitting dormant for a while . . .

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That may only be true in terms of OG Barry.

Post-Flashpoint-Barry could be a different creature.
    And that's the Barry I miss!!!
    Writers have tried too hard and grafted too much of Wally's lore to him now.
    Reading Flash from the 70's and now - you wouldn't know it was the same character in the costume.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West for me. But I love all the Flashes. But cmon Wally has the best back story, the best writing, best personality. He’s the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Wally West for me. But I love all the Flashes. But cmon Wally has the best back story, the best writing, best personality. He’s the Flash.
    I thought this guy did it first:

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I thought this guy did it first:

He's certainly the gentleman's Flash in his later years. Love Jay so much. I wouldn't be averse to him being the mainline Flash for a little while. Like Kilowog over in GL, he's the free space on everyone's Flash Family Bingo cards-- everybody likes Jay.

With 187 people having voted,
    * Wally West = 116 votes
    * Barry Allen = 49 votes
    * Jay Garrick = 17 votes
    * Bart Allen = 5 votes

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

He has the coolest costumes and DC seems to have a hate 4 him
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Barry first.... I like a lot of things about him. I like that he's a nice guy, and I like that he's a detective first and a speedster second (or should be, although he's not always written that way,) so he thinks of things and works them out in a careful, methodical way. And although I hate to admit it... I like the drama. I know his story's changed in recent years, but I kinda love/hate the drama of his backstory, how he has to work at not pushing people away...
    Basically, a lot of the drama that goes into the song "The Ballad of Barry Allen."

But Wally is my second because: 1) you have to respect the guy for going from Kid Flash to the real Flash and surpassing his mentor; 2) one of the few superheroes who gets (at times) to be happily married and a good dad; and 3) I love that for Wally, being the Flash doesn't have all the baggage it does for Barry. For Barry, being the Flash is the reason his mom died, his dad was jailed, and many other bad things happened. But for Wally, it's a dream come true. He just brings a level of joy to being the Flash that I don't think Barry can touch.

Third is probably Jay, because he's a classic cool old guy who's still got it.
    Then Wallace, who was the first Kid Flash I read. I like his different take on it, and I kind of wish these four could team up more, the way they did in Death Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    To no one’s surprise: Jay Garrick! I grew up with Wally and I love him, but Jay is always the one that stood out to me from those 90s stories and later on in the JSA. When I was younger I thought his costume was just plain cool, and I also loved how he would just get things done.
    Now that I am grown, and married and teaching, Jay resonates with me. Because of his love and faithfulness to Joan and how he is a mentor to so many younger heroes in the Flash and JSA universe is why I admire the character even more now that I am grown.
    Still hasn’t changed, my favorite Flash and my favorite DC character.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Retired

The idea that Barry's mom died and his father went to prison for it will never stick with me. In my mind, that's just an error in the timeline which will ultimately be repaired and really Barry grew up in a happy, loving home which is why he turned out as such an optimistic, care free kind of guy.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I need to reread the Death of Iris Allen story from the 80s. I thought Bates was torturing Barry back then and that’s what the Barry Allen parents ret con feels like to me.

I chose Barry, I like that he is a sweetheart unless, like in New Frontier, you threaten family or Iris and he becomes a terror. The Flash is unstoppable when he has to be.

With 199 people having voted,
    * Wally West = 121 votes
    * Barry Allen = 56 votes
    * Jay Garrick = 17 votes
    * Bart Allen = 5 votes

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I'd love to hear from people as to why Bart Allen is their favorite Flash.

I will be 40 years old tomorrow. I got into comics very young. Before Crisis in the 80's my grandfather told me all about Barry. I thought he was great. Then Crisis happened and he died. I then learned about Wally West and fell in love. He has always been my Flash, the one I grew up with. I still love Jay and always will say with Barry and same with Bart.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I will be 40 years old tomorrow. I got into comics very young. Before Crisis in the 80's my grandfather told me all about Barry. I thought he was great. Then Crisis happened and he died. I then learned about Wally West and fell in love. He has always been my Flash, the one I grew up with. I still love Jay and always will say with Barry and same with Bart.
    I feel very old.

While I'm not old enough to be your grandfather, before CoIE in the 1980s I was buying and enjoying comics with Barry as The Flash.
    (That started in 1972 for me).