View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Yeah, I was thinking about that as I was writing it. There were a couple bits where I really felt there wasn't a difference at all, but in the crime scene scene, I definitely felt like there was a strong difference between how Barry would have behaved vs Wally, where you could tell Barry was very confident and comfortable in a more stoic way than Wally usually acts. Still, the fact that in many other scenes they struck me as similar was enough that I decided to claim they're basically interchangeable, mostly because I think the differences are mostly either subtle or few. You're right though, they're not actually exactly the same.
    Last edited by Adekis; 04-21-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    That's why I specified "comic fandom," haha! I don't think people who don't read comics even know there's more than one Flash, and to be honest, why would they need to? The biggest differences between Barry and Wally are that Barry's a little more square, Wally's a little more goofy, and Wally was trained by Barry while Barry wasn't.

And the most commonly known version of Wally outside the comics wasn't even trained by Barry at all! Michael Rosenbaum even played Barry in a movie one time and it was basically treated as interchangeable with his other outings in the role except, except for the rare name drop.
    I am definitely not the person you want to say "Honestly Wally and Barry aren't that different!" to. I've got pretty strong opinions about this detailed elsewhere.

Wally all day, everyday. Twice on Sunday.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

As much as I love all the Flash characters, Wally West is MY Flash.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It’s close between Barry and Wally. I love them both and have never gotten into the whole team Barry vs team Wally thing. I’d probably give it to Barry if I had to. But I’m fine with calling it a tie and saying I enjoy both as Flash.

Extraordinary Member

I like Barry and Bart. I love Jay.

But come on, Wally all the way for the best Flash.

Wally, Wally, Wally.

He was the first Flash I knew. I only knew Barry's Flash from Crisis (where he died) and the Super Friends cartoon so no real characterization there. And once I started reading comics, The New Teen Titans was my book. I even started reading Justice League Europe because of Wally, even though he read like a completely different character from his own title and how Wolfman wrote him in TT.

Extraordinary Member

Barry was the first Flash I knew and Justice League of America was my favorite comic book. But after they killed off Iris, Barry became dull IMO. He had no direction anymore.

It was sad when he died in the Crisis, but I was thrilled when Wally took over the mantle. He quickly became my all-time favorite Flash and it's never changed from that point.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I am definitely not the person you want to say "Honestly Wally and Barry aren't that different!" to. I've got pretty strong opinions about this detailed elsewhere.
    Reminds me of one of my old threads: COMPARING AND CONTRASTING BARRY ALLEN & WALLY WEST'S PERSONALITIES

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Personalities

Plenty of people had contributions to add in addition to this diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    It’s close between Barry and Wally. I love them both and have never gotten into the whole team Barry vs team Wally thing. I’d probably give it to Barry if I had to. But I’m fine with calling it a tie and saying I enjoy both as Flash.
    I think that was more from Wally fans angered when Barry was brought back and Wally was basically just ignored or even non-existent.
    It felt like those Wally fans who were not at all happy with that move took out some of their anger on the character of Barry, which then bothered people who liked Barry as The Flash.

It just became very toxic.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wally West.

My VERY first exposure to the Flash in comics was Wally. But after reading a few issues of Wally I went all the way back and started from the beginning to read Barry's series.

So even though Wally was my first technically I did read them at pretty much the same time.

I always preffered Wally. I went through Barry's whole series and while it was good and I do like Barry he never grabbed me the way Wally did. He's ok.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Default Favorite Version of Flash

Hello

I would like to ask which Version of Flash is your favorite

Jay
    Barry
    Wally
    Bart

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

My personally thought
    1 Barry
    2 Jay
    3 Wally
    4 Bart
    Though mostly because I started DC with New52 comic, And when I reading post-crisis, I prefer JSA than JLA.....'Shrug'
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Mighty Member

Please vote in the Poll....
    So that we get a clear result....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I love Barry and Jay but Wally is my favorite.

And I hope Bart never becomes The Flash ever again. He should start his own legacy. And Impulse is such a cool name.
    Bart has to become "The Flash" at some point...
    In the Titans of Tomorrow Future he is shown as The Flash and its also logically that he will be the Flash once Barry,Wally are death and taking over the Mantle of their Mentors like Conner as Superman, Cassie as Wonder Woman, Tim as Batman....

This said my vote goes to Bart even it goes to him, because of ALL his appearances as Impulse,Kid Flash and Flash.
    His run as Flash wasnt so perfect, because he was mourning his death friends Conner,Max,Wally....
    and that changed his personality to much...

Besides that I think that in general I vote for Bart, but for Flash Wally, simply because Bart didnt have the possibility to be long enough the Flash and he wasnt in his best shape because of the injury and because he was mourning...