View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Clark Kent

Default Who is your favourite Flash and Why?

Out of the 4 main flashes, Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, Wally West, and Bart Allen. Who is your favourite and why?

Always Rakzo

Wally West.

Said it before and will say it again: There's something about the story of a guy who due to the death of his mentor was forced to take his role, eventually reaching the same accomplishments and ultimately surpassing him that really speaks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Wally West.

Said it before and will say it again: There's something about the story of a guy who due to the death of his mentor was forced to take his role, eventually reaching the same accomplishments and ultimately surpassing him that really speaks to me.
    You said it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Wally West.

This is a reason why I love him as well, but also Wally 's attitude to being the Flash.When he used to start the comic off saying Hi I'm Wally west and I'm the fastest man alive. I would bring a HUGE smile to my face. He had fun being the Flash and he brought the Legacy to another level in doing so. He was my Flash growing up and he always be that way. Again how many people can surpass their mentors or the characters that came before. Dick Grayson can't say it, but Wally can. And that's not a knock on Grayson. That's showing what kind of job Wally has done.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Wally for me. Fun character, and to me, superheroes usually work better when their powers and personality are extensions of each other.

I do love the current Flash TV show though, which is Barry, but let's face it, they're pretty much doing 'What if Peter Parker were Barry Allen' with the show.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

If I have to choose a guy....it's Wally. I was a kid when Barry died. I liked Barry and the Flash was my favorite hero...I can remember being blown away when he died. But going forward, as I grew into adulthood...Wally was the guy. So I had a very long run of growing up with him, etc. Barry is a close second though.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    .... he [Barry Allen] would rather think and plan something out instead of rushing in and punching everyone. His personality is the opposite of his powers, which is a really nice contrast.
    That's a great observation.
    Also in his day job, he's very restricted by procedure, logistics, rules of the force either at the crime scene or in the lab. As Flash he gets to explode, enjoy and break all those rules, physics itself is put through it's paces, almost a complete disregard to the formality of his "real" self..
    The great thing is, because this contrast, he gets to recognize, and be amazed at what he's become and able to do on all levels, and enjoy it all the more.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-17-2015 at 09:14 AM.

I started out as a HUGE Barry Allen fan, in the mid-70's, but Wally West turned out to be the more well-rouned and unique character, so he gets my vote. I REALLY miss him.

Peace

BANNED

Barry Allen. He sacrificed himself to save the universe. That's the greatest feat ever IMO. You can't say the same for the rest. I'm glad that Barry is back in the forefront, we had years and years of Wally. It's Barry's time, once again. And hopefully, it'll stay like that for years and years.
    Last edited by Starchild; 02-17-2015 at 10:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Oh god, it's like asking "who is your favorite creator and why?" Each Flash has their own O.G. run with their own vibe, their own supporting cast and villains.

I will say that Wally West is The Flash in the bulk of my essential favorite stories. This doesn't always necessitate favoritism, though. Kyle Rayner is Green Lantern in most of my favorite stories but my favorite Lanterns are Gardner and Stewart.

I can't claim Wally ownership based on the JLA cartoon because essentially in that show wasn't he a CSI lab tech? I mean he was already half-Barry. But I did love Wally in YJ.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Oh god, it's like asking "who is your favorite creator and why?" Each Flash has their own O.G. run with their own vibe, their own supporting cast and villains.

I will say that Wally West is The Flash in the bulk of my essential favorite stories. This doesn't always necessitate favoritism, though. Kyle Rayner is Green Lantern in most of my favorite stories but my favorite Lanterns are Gardner and Stewart.

I can't claim Wally ownership based on the JLA cartoon because essentially in that show wasn't he a CSI lab tech? I mean he was already half-Barry. But I did love Wally in YJ.
    The animated universe Flash was Wally West in name and general appearance, Barry Allen in professional orientation (though it was so briefly and infrequently alluded to that it hardly counts), and Impulse-era Bart Allen in characterization.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The animated universe Flash was Wally West in name and general appearance, Barry Allen in professional orientation (though it was so briefly and infrequently alluded to that it hardly counts), and Impulse-era Bart Allen in characterization.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    That was always my take... that he was a hybrid of all three but primarily Bart.

Love the old universe Barry(1970`s-80`s). However Wally is my favorite. He did the most growing as an individual, not just a super hero. Long live Wally West(old universe)!!!!

All-New Member

Long live Wally West. The real Wally, not the walking stereotype.

Incredible Member

Barry Allen is my favorite. Loved Barry Pre-COIE, Pre-Flashpoint, and now loving him the New 52.Fan of the 1990's television show and the current show on CW. I really loved seeing Barry in JLA: Year One and seeing Barry as a leader. I would love to see that with Barry again. I do like Wally and Jay, but Barry is my favorite.