View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wally West.
    I don't think a more complete life has ever been shown in comics. He starts out a kid sidekick, then a boyfriend and teammate/student, then a bit of a frat boy hopelessly stuck in the shadow of his mentor, next a first class hero and respected member of the greatest team of all time, finally a husband, father, and mentor himself. It really was a life in motion.
    I also say Wally for pretty much exactly this reason

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wally West.
    I don't think a more complete life has ever been shown in comics. He starts out a kid sidekick, then a boyfriend and teammate/student, then a bit of a frat boy hopelessly stuck in the shadow of his mentor, next a first class hero and respected member of the greatest team of all time, finally a husband, father, and mentor himself. It really was a life in motion.
    Beautifully stated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Barry, the Silver Age Flash. Fun and respected hero, died for universe and then returned to save it some more.
    He returned to kill it. Wasn't that what Flashpoint was about?
    BB

I agree with dc's decision to go back to the silver age versions towards the end of the pre flashpoint age that led to New 52 (the new golden age or the new silver age). The dc architects brought back the multiverse, silver age Supergirl, Oliver, Hal Jordan, Ray Palmer, Barry Allen, Legion, Arthur Curry Aquaman, Barbara as Batgirl, thanagarian Hawkman, etc. (sort of going back to pre-coie).
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 02-17-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Ultimately went with Barry because I love his everyman character. I also really like Wally though

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Wally West is the only Flash that i enjoy reading. Wally got that noble and humble attitude that brings you necessary to love him.
    Others Flash, especially Barry, are kind of boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Others Flash, especially Barry, are kind of boring to me.
    My general sentiments, too, but I have a real soft spot for Jay, primarily because of how ridiculous he is. How can you not love an old guy who runs around with a bowl with wings on his head. It's especially hilarious when you see him in some of those Alex Ross pictures where he looks life-like and supposed to be epic. Like you're supposed to take him seriously looking like that

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

In order:

Jay
    Barry
    Wally
    Bart

but I honestly like them all.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

I grew up with Wally and like the character, but Barry is my favorite. He needs an A-List writer or a talented up and comer to stay on his book for an extended run. Venditti and Jensen aren't the answer... I was hoping for a new creative team after Convergence. Maybe he'll get a new one some time this year...

Ultimate Member

Bart-as-Impulse is my favorite *speedster* but Wally is my favorite Flash.

Barry was the Flash I grew up with, but, like Jean Grey, over at that other company, he had a powerful and affecting death, and I got over it. As someone who *liked* the competent experienced and respected Barry Allen who died during the Crisis on Infinite Earths, I don't much care for this newcomer, who is openly mocked by his League teammates. 'Oh, did Barry try to interrogate someone again? Ha ha ha.' Shut it, Wonder Woman, aren't you supposed to nice? Why did they dig the guy up only to trash him? Ugh. He deserved better.

I came aboard during Barry's run, but Jay is my favorite.

And really, the poll isn't very useful. How do we know if people are voting for the New 52 versions, the pre-CoIE versions of Barry, Jay, and/or Wally (who was still "Kid Flash"), or a post-CoIE / post-Rebirth / pre-New 52 version of Barry?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I like Wally the best because he was the one whose comics I first read, and I pretty much grew up with a version of him on JL/U. However, it should be noted that DCAU Wally is sort of an amalgamation of many Flashes (Barry's job and origin, Wally's name and appearance, and a toned down version of Bart's personality), so he could be considered a separate entity on his own.

However, I still really like Barry and don't mind at all that he's the current Flash. All the best stuff in the mythos comes from him, like the iconic costume and the Rogues, plus he has the history and relationships with the other senior Justice League members like Hal and Bruce. I can also probably relate to him more, being quite a nerd myself and not an extroverted ladies man like Wally. Plus, he was never written like Wally was in NTT, so he scores major points for that. Man, people forget how hard Wally sucked under Wolfman/Perez.

Even though technically I grew up with Wally, I would say that Barry is my favorite. Barry reminds me a lot more of myself. A lot of people, at first glance, find him boring, but that isn't true. What I like about him is that he's introverted, he would rather think and plan something out instead of rushing in and punching everyone. His personality is the opposite of his powers, which is a really nice contrast. He has immense power, and is very intelligent (he's probably just as good at forensics as batman is, but batman has to be better at everyone at everything) but is very humble.

He's just a good person who wants to do good. What's not to like?

I like all the Flashes, but my current favorite is Teri Magnus in JL3K.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    I like all the Flashes, but my current favorite is Teri Magnus in JL3K.
    Also missing Danica Williams...
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-17-2015 at 09:03 AM.