View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Wally for me. Fun character, and to me, superheroes usually work better when their powers and personality are extensions of each other.

I do love the current Flash TV show though, which is Barry, but let's face it, they're pretty much doing 'What if Peter Parker were Barry Allen' with the show.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

If I have to choose a guy....it's Wally. I was a kid when Barry died. I liked Barry and the Flash was my favorite hero...I can remember being blown away when he died. But going forward, as I grew into adulthood...Wally was the guy. So I had a very long run of growing up with him, etc. Barry is a close second though.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    .... he [Barry Allen] would rather think and plan something out instead of rushing in and punching everyone. His personality is the opposite of his powers, which is a really nice contrast.
    That's a great observation.
    Also in his day job, he's very restricted by procedure, logistics, rules of the force either at the crime scene or in the lab. As Flash he gets to explode, enjoy and break all those rules, physics itself is put through it's paces, almost a complete disregard to the formality of his "real" self..
    The great thing is, because this contrast, he gets to recognize, and be amazed at what he's become and able to do on all levels, and enjoy it all the more.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-17-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Jay was a scientist too, who got his powers while taking a smoke break

Honestly I'm not a huge Flash fan. My favorite iteration that I've seen was Wally in the Bruce Timm-verse. Hyper, eating all the time due to burning through calories; seemed accurate to how someone would be if they actually had speed powers.
    Favorite characters: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Ozymandias, The Riddler, Hellboy, Renee Montoya.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Wally West.

Said it before and will say it again: There's something about the story of a guy who due to the death of his mentor was forced to take his role, eventually reaching the same accomplishments and ultimately surpassing him that really speaks to me.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    That wicked combo of Nicotine and Hardwater fumes!

by comic book logic he should have gotten the abilities of a cigarette and not super speed
    Last edited by upgrayedd; 02-17-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Yeah, that's still hilarious that Jay is taking a smoke break while in the lab surrounded by presumably flammable chemicals. But it worked out well for him.

One nice touch in his origin story is that he spends weeks in the hospital after the accident. He doesn't just recover instantly. And they never let you forget that he's a chemist. That fact crops up in his stories on a fairly regular basis.

Another cool thing about Jay, when he got his powers he used them for personal gain. Before he got his powers he was the slowest person on the football team, he got his powers and did not hide his identity and ran fast in the game, in front of everyone.
    This is EXACTLY what most people would do if they got super powers. Even when he went super hero, he did not really hide his face with a mask

image.jpg
    Smoke break

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Yeah, that's still hilarious that Jay is taking a smoke break while in the lab surrounded by presumably flammable chemicals. But it worked out well for him.

One nice touch in his origin story is that he spends weeks in the hospital after the accident. He doesn't just recover instantly. And they never let you forget that he's a chemist. That fact crops up in his stories on a fairly regular basis.
    image.jpg you'll eat mush and you'll like it! Gotta love 1940's hospitals

I like both Barry and Wally but if I had to choose, I'd pick Wally.

I started out as a HUGE Barry Allen fan, in the mid-70's, but Wally West turned out to be the more well-rouned and unique character, so he gets my vote. I REALLY miss him.

Peace

BANNED

Barry Allen. He sacrificed himself to save the universe. That's the greatest feat ever IMO. You can't say the same for the rest. I'm glad that Barry is back in the forefront, we had years and years of Wally. It's Barry's time, once again. And hopefully, it'll stay like that for years and years.
    Last edited by Starchild; 02-17-2015 at 10:39 AM.