View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

in order:

1- Jay Garrick
    2- Jay Garrick
    3- Jay Garrick

The original, JSA founder, old fashioned, looks like a god, a classic...the best.

I voted for Wally but it's basically a tie between him and Barry; Wally has, like, a 0.5% lead, yknow? I kinda feel like, at this point, "the Flash" isn't really whole if you're not utilizing both of these characters fully.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    To no one’s surprise: Jay Garrick! I grew up with Wally and I love him, but Jay is always the one that stood out to me from those 90s stories and later on in the JSA. When I was younger I thought his costume was just plain cool, and I also loved how he would just get things done.
    Now that I am grown, and married and teaching, Jay resonates with me. Because of his love and faithfulness to Joan and how he is a mentor to so many younger heroes in the Flash and JSA universe is why I admire the character even more now that I am grown.
    You reminded of the Jay story in Flash #134 (I think) written by Mark Millar.
    The conversation with Jay, Wally and Dick over a drink & at the end of it Dick saying something like "I wanna be that guy when I grow up".
    Mark Millar has written some pretty average stuff, but I loved his run on the Flash.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The conversation with Jay, Wally and Dick over a drink & at the end of it Dick saying something like "I wanna be that guy when I grow up".
    Mark Millar has written some pretty average stuff, but I loved his run on the Flash.
    Ha! That’s awesome! I loved his contributions and think it’s very underrated .
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I need to read more but right now it's a toss-up between Wally and Bart
    I forgot to add the reason, it's because they're funny and Impulse particularly is super adorable

And now we've got:
    * Wally West = 74 votes (+ 8)
    * Barry Allen = 30 votes (+ 1)
    * Jay Garrick = 11 votes (+ 3)
    * Bart Allen = 2 votes (still stuck in neutral)

Retired

But isn't Bart Allen Impulse? And isn't Wally West Kid Flash? Will I get a lot of hate for saying that?

When I started reading Flash, Wally was Kid Flash and I liked Kid Flash just about as much as Flash himself--in fact, I thought Wally had the superior costume. I enjoyed Jay Garrick, the original Flash, whenever he paid a visit from Earth-Two, too, and I admired his taste in fashion, as well.

Flash forward to the 1990s and I bought the intitial run of IMPULSE and I was very pleased with that comic. I thought it was just the kind of thing DC should be publishing. I imagined if I was a younger reader that would be a title that would appeal to my taste and that I could enjoy. Was I wrong and misjudging the tastes of the younger readers at the time? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But isn't Bart Allen Impulse? And isn't Wally West Kid Flash?
    The thread/poll dates back to 2015, and both OG Wally and Bart were each The Flash at some point in pre-New52 continuity.

Will I get a lot of hate for saying that?

Retired

I always thought that if you threw one of these into your post you're immediately excused from saying anything the least bit controversial.

If not then there's always sorry 🍁

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I loved the thought balloons Humberto Ramos would come up with for Bart.
    His Navy Seal thought balloon springs to mind....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

All-New Member

Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

While I like them all (I'll never understand the pretzel logic some fans will create to try to differentiate between the speedsters, when they're much more similar than dissimilar), I first discovered Barry 50 years ago on the small screen and grew up reading his exploits as a kid. For the vast majority of people, that's all you need to define a favorite.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Flash forward to the 1990s and I bought the intitial run of IMPULSE and I was very pleased with that comic. I thought it was just the kind of thing DC should be publishing. I imagined if I was a younger reader that would be a title that would appeal to my taste and that I could enjoy. Was I wrong and misjudging the tastes of the younger readers at the time? I don't know.
    I grew up in the 90s and vividly remember getting the first issue of Impulse because of his “cool” costume.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    i loved morrison/millar's year on the flash, during waid's sabbatical. emergency stop, the black flash, the human race -- loved it all. i was here on CBR in the 90s during the run, i recall many fans at the time thought waid's stuff when he returned (the wedding, cobalt blue, chain lightning) was a little weak and wished morrison/millar never left.

Spectacular Member

While I do love what Joshua Williamson has been doing on Barry's title. One of the first comics I ever picked up was Flash #1 in 1987. Wally was my Flash for a long time and I watched him evolve from someone trying to carry on Barry's legacy to creating his own. Joining the Justice League, creating a "Family" with Jay, Bart, Jesse and Max Mercury...to having his own family around the same time I did. I feel like Wally and I grew up together.