View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I bought the intitial run of IMPULSE and I was very pleased with that comic. I thought it was just the kind of thing DC should be publishing. I imagined if I was a younger reader that would be a title that would appeal to my taste and that I could enjoy. Was I wrong and misjudging the tastes of the younger readers at the time? I don't know.
    That was what, early-mid 90's? I would've been in junior high then, and Impulse (along with Waid's Flash and Marz's GL) were among my favorite titles and characters. So I can't speak for the tastes of all younger readers from the era, but me and the few friends I had who read comics friggin loved Bart Allen!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Wally West!
    Waid’s run is my favorite.

Extraordinary Member

To me, it's far and away Wally. Barry had a good run... For a Silver Age character. Then Wally took the mantle to new heights, and showed the perfect way to embrace a legacy to enhance a character and property. To me, the thing that made Wally better than Barry was that they knew how to build on Barry's stories and adventures to basically inject steroids into all their stories; Return of Barry Allen and Blitz are both amazing stories that simply wouldn't have the impact they do if it weren't for the legacy element that they embrace.

And, as much as it may hurt to say this... Barry, even in his return, seems to be stricken by Generic Hero Disease as part of the marketing based punch to make him the lead Flash.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Wally, he's my Flash

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    i loved morrison/millar's year on the flash, during waid's sabbatical. emergency stop, the black flash, the human race -- loved it all. i was here on CBR in the 90s during the run, i recall many fans at the time thought waid's stuff when he returned (the wedding, cobalt blue, chain lightning) was a little weak and wished morrison/millar never left.
    I agree.
    When Waid returned, I think he'd lost some of that spark. Chain Lightning was probably the weakest story he'd written, and I HATED (still do) Cobalt Blue. Stupid name (Waid agrees) and his magic crystal schtick blew. That said, his Walter West arc was a lot great!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

whatever happened to John Fox?

This poll is coming up on 4 years of activity. The most amazing stat is that there are only 135 votes as of 11/11/2018. Whereas:

45 to 50 thousand copies of Flash are sold every issue.
    4-5 million people watch the Flash TV show.

Yet here, on the biggest comic site, over a period of nearly 4 years only 135 people cared enough to differentiate between their favorite Flashes. Wow.

It's a reminder about the size gap between hardcore online fandom and the larger audience.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Wally West, because of the red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    This poll is coming up on 4 years of activity. The most amazing stat is that there are only 135 votes as of 11/11/2018. Whereas:

Yet here, on the biggest comic site, over a period of nearly 4 years only 135 people cared enough to differentiate between their favorite Flashes. Wow.

It's a reminder about the size gap between hardcore online fandom and the larger audience.
    is that a healthy number for a tv show? honest question.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    is that a healthy number for a tv show? honest question.
    Depends on the network. I remember in its first year The Flash was the CW's highest-rated show. So in this instance - yes.

And yet if Wally was the star I'm sure the show would be just as popular and for the same reasons you laid out.

Maybe even more so because it would seem less redundant with one less scientist among the group.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 11-22-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Retired

It might not be that people don't care enough to vote. I haven't even voted on the poll for this topic despite it being four years now, because I don't want to choose between these characters. I care about them, so I don't want to vote.

And CBR polls are greatly unscientific. Who participates in them and for what reason is impossible to pin down. This is not a competition, it is only an exhibition. No wagering.

This poll is coming up on 4 years of activity. The most amazing stat is that there are only 135 votes as of 11/11/2018.
    And there were no posts added to this thread between 2/19/2015 and 10/29/2018.
    So while people could have still voted between those two dates, whether people even realized it existed is a whole 'nother issue since it kept sinking lower and lower past more active threads.
    As for the number of votes, there were at last check 138 votes and 102 posts (this will likely be #103).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It might not be that people don't care enough to vote. I haven't even voted on the poll for this topic despite it being four years now, because I don't want to choose between these characters. I care about them, so I don't want to vote.

And CBR polls are greatly unscientific. Who participates in them and for what reason is impossible to pin down. This is not a competition, it is only an exhibition. No wagering.
    There is also more incentive for fans of Wally to boost him in these polls, since Barry is in the driver's seat presently. If the tables were turned, I suspect Barry would be receiving more love.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There is also more incentive for fans of Wally to boost him in these polls, since Barry is in the driver's seat presently. If the tables were turned, I suspect Barry would be receiving more love.
    Official CBR polls from when Wally was still the main Flash say otherwise, though.

(Not that I think those mean anything either)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!