View Poll Results: Who is your favourite Flash?

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry Allen

61 28.50%
  • Wally West

130 60.75%
  • Bart Allen

5 2.34%
  • Jay Garrick

18 8.41%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I know so little about the Flash mythology honestly. I've been more exposed to Barry and Wally, but voted for Barry.

Astonishing Member

They're all great. Wally is the best because he starred in and instigated the best Flash stories, the vast majority of my preferred Flash lore, and was generally great outside of his own comic, as well.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-20-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Wally was The Flash I was introduced to, but I gotta go with Barry.

I love all the Flashes, but if you tied me down and forced me to say under pressure...it would probably be neck and neck with Barry and Wally, but Wally would probably win.

Jay for me.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I’m a fan of all of them. Barry was the Flash I was first exposed to but I gotta go with Wally. But it’s close.

By the way, for anybody who hasn't already participated, we also have the
    Who was the 1rst DC Comics version of "The Flash" you ever read in a comic book? thread
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-a-comic-book

Incredible Member

Jay. He's the only one that doesn't have a cowl, and wears a distinctive hat. Why he never wore old fashion welding or aviator goggles as a part of his look...?

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Jay. He's the only one that doesn't have a cowl, and wears a distinctive hat. Why he never wore old fashion welding or aviator goggles as a part of his look...?
    Maybe those would have made him look too threatening?

Besides, moving at super-speed probably was thought to reduce the chance of people noticing his facial image as much, and it was later retconned so that he was always changing/blurring his features at super-speed.

What a surprise, Wally's the favorite. I voted for him too, but it's kinda predictable. I don't know if I think Wally's the favorite in the whole big wide world of comic fandom, but I'd sure have been surprised if he wasn't the favorite around here.

I do really, sincerely love Jay though, and I like Barry a lot as well.

Bart obviously is a great character, he just, uh, wasn't a great Flash, for the five minutes that was a thing.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    What a surprise, Wally's the favorite. I voted for him too, but it's kinda predictable. I don't know if I think Wally's the favorite in the whole big wide world of comic fandom, but I'd sure have been surprised if he wasn't the favorite around here.
    Yeah, these boards skew more towards Wally. But the reason for that, I believe, is that Barry fans around here aren't dicks, so it became sort of safe haven for lçots of people during the times of the first Flash: Rebirth.

(I know it's how I got here)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally. I like all the Flashes, and I think Barry's CSI background brings in some really solid elements to the mythos that the books were lacking while he was dead, but Wally is the most interesting and entertaining Flash in my opinion.

But I am a fan of all of them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I do really, sincerely love Jay though, and I like Barry a lot as well.

Bart obviously is a great character, he just, uh, wasn't a great Flash, for the five minutes that was a thing.
    Wally is significantly less popular in the general comic going audience and monumentally less popular in the larger media presence. Due to Barry having both comics and a tv show, which Wally has not had in years or, in the latter case, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally is significantly less popular in the general comic going audience and monumentally less popular in the larger media presence. Due to Barry having both comics and a tv show, which Wally has not had in years or, in the latter case, ever.
    That's why I specified "comic fandom," haha! I don't think people who don't read comics even know there's more than one Flash, and to be honest, why would they need to? The biggest differences between Barry and Wally are that Barry's a little more square, Wally's a little more goofy, and Wally was trained by Barry while Barry wasn't.

And the most commonly known version of Wally outside the comics wasn't even trained by Barry at all! Michael Rosenbaum even played Barry in a movie one time and it was basically treated as interchangeable with his other outings in the role except, except for the rare name drop.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

And the most commonly known version of Wally outside the comics wasn't even trained by Barry at all! Michael Rosenbaum even played Barry in a movie one time and it was basically treated as interchangeable with his other outings in the role except, except for the rare name drop.
    I dunno. Maybe it was the writing or direction but Rosenbaum's Flash in Doom felt more Barry to Wally to me. It didn't seem like they were just writing him exactly like his DCAU-self or Rosenbaum was playing him the same way.

That scene of him outside the suit was also peak Barry.