Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question If Miles and Peter both end up in 616 Universe post Secret Wars

What should they call Miles' character? I've been considering this for awhile now. Obviously he can't be Spider-Man anymore if he and Peter are both around and active, so what do people think they'll call him if it happens; Spider-Boy, Spider-Lad, Spider-Man Jr, something totally different?

Depending on who survives the Secret Wars spoilers:
    and if Kaine is well and truly dead
    end of spoilers, Miles could call himself the Scarlet Spider (and dress appropriately). There's been a ton of those over the years (including three people at one time!).

BANNED

Well, I suppose they could do his origin and tie it in with Ben Reilly's death instead of Peter's. It'd be interesting to see Reilly as a public martyr figure and Miles would be good a Scarlet Spider.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trash Jack View Post
    end of spoilers, Miles could call himself the Scarlet Spider (and dress appropriately). There's been a ton of those over the years (including three people at one time!).
    I suspect the same, and suppose we'll have a clearer idea come the epilogue of Spider-Verse. As you say hunter_peterson, Miles wouldn't be a bad Scarlet Spider, but...

Having Miles in the 616 (and maybe MCU one day) will tick many boxes for those who like to have boxes ticked. But ticking boxes should never be the reason - the story should dictate it.

There are undoubtedly many stories which could be told with Miles in the 616, perhaps the more teenage/'coming of age' stories that used to belong to Peter Parker. I'm not sure though that they are the same stories which could be told with an older, darker character, i.e. Kaine, and IMHO there is room for both, regardless of who has the Scarlet Spider monicker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbly View Post
    I suspect the same, and suppose we'll have a clearer idea come the epilogue of Spider-Verse. As you say hunter_peterson, Miles wouldn't be a bad Scarlet Spider, but...

Having Miles in the 616 (and maybe MCU one day) will tick many boxes for those who like to have boxes ticked. But ticking boxes should never be the reason - the story should dictate it.

There are undoubtedly many stories which could be told with Miles in the 616, perhaps the more teenage/'coming of age' stories that used to belong to Peter Parker. I'm not sure though that they are the same stories which could be told with an older, darker character, i.e. Kaine, and IMHO there is room for both, regardless of who has the Scarlet Spider monicker.
    I agree. I think they should make Kaine the new Tarantula (assuming he won't be dead post reboot). The name fits his powers, particularly with his Other abilities. Just change the color of his current costume, maybe.

BANNED

It'll be interesting to see both Peter and Miles inhabiting the same universe. Of course, that's assuming they both make it through SW. I almost wonder if Peter will take on a different role in the Marvel U post-SW and Miles will be the main Spider-Man going forward. That'd be a pretty bold move.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trash Jack View Post
    I think there's a good possibility of Miles becoming Scarlet Spider since it looked like Kaine did bite the bullet in Spider-Verse. Wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It'll be interesting to see both Peter and Miles inhabiting the same universe. Of course, that's assuming they both make it through SW. I almost wonder if Peter will take on a different role in the Marvel U post-SW and Miles will be the main Spider-Man going forward. That'd be a pretty bold move.
    I doubt Miles will be the main Spider-Man going forward personally, a sidekick yes but not the main one. Though I guess it's a case of wait and see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I doubt Miles will be the main Spider-Man going forward personally, a sidekick yes but not the main one. Though I guess it's a case of wait and see.
    Yeah, I doubt it too. I just wonder how much Marvel's going to shake things up with SW. Sidelining Peter in an permanent way seems like too much of an upset but if anything like that was going to happen, SW would be the place to make it happen.

I don't think Miles works when he's just another guy who has Spider-Man's powers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spider-Man, Jr.

It has a precedent.

Maybe Miles can place first base for the Mets when he moves over to 616.
    Last edited by Tuck; 02-17-2015 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Didn't read the caption under the original image

Well they have two characters calling themselves Hawkeye, if they can make the Spider-Man title as cute and fun as Fraction's buddy book then I don't see why Miles shouldn't keep calling himself Spider-Man, could be fun.

But if Miles did want to go his own way then with Kaine dead the Scarlet Spider moniker IS available for him. (Even though people that call themselves that usually have very finite lifespans...)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well they have two characters calling themselves Hawkeye, if they can make the Spider-Man title as cute and fun as Fraction's buddy book then I don't see why Miles shouldn't keep calling himself Spider-Man, could be fun.

But if Miles did want to go his own way then with Kaine dead the Scarlet Spider moniker IS available for him. (Even though people that call themselves that usually have very finite lifespans...)

Miles' costume is too cool for him to go scarlet.

Well, seeing as Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne were simultaneously Batman until Flashpoint started/ended, with the N52, increasing comics, continuing a story and starting a new one, then why not have the same happen with Peter Parker and Miles Morales?

Could alter the character of Miles, to spice things up, tweak the costume.

Alter Peters' age, perhaps, and costume.

Change setup, or background a bit, though their familes, races, personalities stay same, for most part, in of last.

Add, subtract, all that.

The Astonishing Spider-Man - Miles Morales!

The Spectacular Spider-Man - Peter Parker!

And have them both come out each month, with their own foes, friends, and parts of the city, but with a relationship to each other.

Friends, Miles as mentor, or Peter.

Maybe, just trying to feel each other out.

But, change not the name, nor in totality the characters, the names etc.

Could even have a book called Spider-Men come out each month, straight away, or after a while, where it's Peter and Miles together each issue.

Lot of possibilities.

Fantastic Member

Just call him Spider-Man, too.

Have two books. The Amazing Spider-Man and Miles Morales, Spider-Man. Or three books, also have Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man.

Depending what continuity is kept and what is replaced, you could just say that Miles appeared during one of Peter's absences. Maybe they were classmates and got bit by the same spider without knowing because Miles powers didn't develop until he got a bit older. Although I suspect Peter will be in high school again after Secret Wars.