Incredible Member

Default One Uncanny X-Men Thread to Rule Them All

I follow several character appreciation threads with ongoing conversations for thousands of posts and hundreds of pages, but UXM discussions tend to continuously restart when people begin new threads based on previews, individual issues being released, spoiler discussions etc.

Is there a way we could just have a single ongoing UXM Appreciation Thread for all UXM discussion, at least until the series ends with Secret Wars, Fox selling movie rights, or whatever else happens to kill the thread with a natural death, rather than just the next issue coming out?

I created such a thread some time ago but it was largely ignored.

http://community.comicbookresources....ciation-thread
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

I'll help; I love me some Uncanny X-men (with the cancellation of She-Hulk it's now my favourite comic from Marvel).

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This is a good idea. Uncanny X-men will always be the Flagship of the whole line an should always return. After #600 the new relaunched #1 will come no later then September or October, probably to start the nee direction and I welcome it.

Let's hope the next team cast is great
    X-Men Forever

I would love them to continue/start with #601. It has so much more gravitas. Didn't DC start doing a thing where they put 'Part 1 of a new arc' or something on the cover instead of relaunching completely?

I shall throw my hat into this Appreciation for the flagship of our favorite mutants.

Not to found of renumbering but jumping on points and all that.

Incredible Member

I saw that 30+ pages were just written about issue 31 yesterday, in two separate #31 specific threads, with nothing here or in any other ongoing UXM thread.

Perhaps UXM discussion will continue to be disjointed indefinitely (symbolically representitive of Bendis?-)

I guess Marvel likes to continue renumbering series back to #1 over and over again, so maybe something like that is happening here (without the profit motive?-)

Extraordinary Member

Books that get people talking after every issue should have a new thread every issue. Some deservedly need the two threads (preview and review) that you are talking about, if only to deal with spoilers.

Also, I do not know if this is intended to be an appreciation thread or not, but most of the talk in those other threads would not be allowed in an appreciation thread.