BANNED

Default Anything really racist or retrograde in the 1941 Adventure of Captain Marvel?

Can a normal 21. century human enjoy it?

I am talking about this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033317/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    Can a normal 21. century human enjoy it?

I am talking about this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033317/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    My dad was just talking to me about this. He's been watching it on (krackel I think)
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 05-17-2014 at 03:50 AM.

BANNED

So what was his assessment?

Astonishing Member

you can't enjoy a movie made in the 40s if something about it is racist?
    Fun.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Go watch some clips on YT for free. See if it entertains you enough or not. If so, buy/download from somewhere.
    (My likes are proven to be different from most everyone else in many matters. You are the best judge for what you might like.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

It's been quite a few years since I've seen this serial and I don't recall there being any overt racism, perhaps a slight amount of ignorance of other cultures due to the unenlightened time it was filmed. But nothing as bad as say the first Batman serial. Also, it should be noted, Captain Marvel is quite freakin' murderous in this serial. He's like a superpowered Frank Castle, what with shooting guys in the back and chucking henchmen off skyscrapers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Jack View Post
    It's been quite a few years since I've seen this serial and I don't recall there being any overt racism, perhaps a slight amount of ignorance of other cultures due to the unenlightened time it was filmed. But nothing as bad as say the first Batman serial. Also, it should be noted, Captain Marvel is quite freakin' murderous in this serial. He's like a superpowered Frank Castle, what with shooting guys in the back and chucking henchmen off skyscrapers.

You see guys, it can be done.

Thanks.