Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The idea is not for the legacy fans but the different futures and the different batclones featured really sold me on the concept

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

My god that art is so beautiful. With Snyder and Murphy, it'd draw some attention as a series.

I don't see it happening. Sure, Synder will want to revisit his vision of Batman's future, but Synder is supposed to be changing a lot of Batman's status quo after Endgame and I think he has to be the one to write the fallout of those changes. I think it would be a little unfair to have a big change then jump to the future leaving the other Batman writers to deal with the fallout when the change isn't even their own story.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    Wouldn't be opposed to it if they could get a decent team on Tec so it can be the main regular Batman book, seriously John Layman was the only guy to do anything remotely interesting in that book since it relaunched.
    Most fans would disagree/

O myself am loving the current Tec team

Spectacular Member

I can see it happening, in the interviews he's always talking about how endgame challenges Batman mortality and how Joker is this being offering him 'immortality'. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of endgame Batman gets the idea to become more than what he currently is. Plus there was the Futures End Tie-in that showed how it would start and Snyder did say himself it could either be his greatest achievement in his run or the moment he jumps the shark. If it does end up happening I'd follow it, it's crazy enough work

Worth considering: Batman: Futures End was apparently a prequel to "27" and was co-written by Snyder. I'm taking it that this is the direction he wants to go in. Or maybe this is all the plot of Eternal vol. 2.

BANNED

So down to read Snyder going full sci-fi. Also down to read Snyder doing more Black Mirror, street level stories. It feels like I win either way

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Guess you can moreso read this quote as meaning we won't jump to the future in June...because have we really seen easter eggs from "Twenty-Seven" show up in the main Batman book yet? I don't think so. Maybe the Owls return, but that's it.
    I don't think we've seen explicit connections to that issue but Endgame has a few subtle ones. It introduced the Lark character (in a dream-flashforward) but more importantly it looks like he's setting up the end reveal about all of the Batmans knowing about the Joker card in the cave. The current suggestion in Endgame would directly explain why this is.

Again, I'm probably wrong about June. But this thread is at least a reminder that Snyder really viewed that Twenty-Seven short story (a peak into Year 200) with some importance. And so it may cast a big shadow over what is to come next in his run on Batman comics. Didn't read Future's End, so yea, revisited there.

Batman Eternal may have a foreshadowing meaning.

Has me wondering how far Snyder will take all this immortality stuff on this main Batman title. Does Bruce eventually abandon or moratorium (using this as a verb) this goal? Or does he not and move full steam ahead with it?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-18-2015 at 06:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/19975-batma...200-story.html

"For me, this story [Endgame] is largely about saying “This is the end of the first big part of our run.” We’re going to come out swinging in June with a very different-looking book, and a very different cast of villains and characters and all kinds of stuff. So this arc is almost meant to be a celebration of everything we’ve done on Batman...And once we’re done, we’re going to try to do something very different.

"So now, I feel like it would be pretty easy to just do a one-part Poison Ivy story or a two-part Clayface story. Instead, I want to do stuff that’s even nuttier than what we’ve already tried. I know that I keep saying that it will be crazy, but just wait until you see what we have in June."

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/17/batm...and-batmans-c/

You think we shift to the future in June? Last Jan, in that first interview, Scott really seemed like he wants to return to that period and says that short tale has hints for the future.

I enjoyed Special Tec #27. I think I might let it into my very very selective future canon with Dark Knight Returns and Morrison's Batman #700.
    I don't think so mainly because of the rumored TDK3 alredy being in the works...I just don't see why Snyder would do 2 similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think so mainly because of the rumored TDK3 alredy being in the works...I just don't see why Snyder would do 2 similar things.
    I can. The TDK3 thing might be more Miller-controlled, leaving Snyder less free to play with his own vision of the future.

Yeah, I don't see one cancelling out the other.

I think the Miller follow up is prolly a pipe dream any way.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I would buy this book in a heart beat.

Astonishing Member

I almost feel that should be Snyder's "Multiversity." (Not trying to actually compare the two, just the layout.) Have a limited series that tells the story of a different Batman in every issue.