Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Injection," "Mythic," "The Mantle" & More Debut in Image Comics' May 2015 Solicitations

Seven new Image series debut this May from names like Ellis & Shalvey and Hester & McCrea, plus "Saga," "Walking Dead" "Black Science" and more.

Full article here.

Low has been missing for a few months now...
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Glad there's a Five Ghost Deluxe Edition coming out but can we have the East of West Deluxe or Fatale Deluxe vol. 2 solicited soon??

Looks like only three of my usual Image pulls are being produced in May: Lazarus, Velvet, and Invincible. Might try the Ellis title that is making its debut although the premise doesn't seem terribly interesting to me at this point.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Dammit, Image, why you gotta be so good?

Injection #1
    The Mantle #1
    Material #1
    Rat Queens #11
    Trees #9
    Birthright #7
    Black Science #14
    Chrononauts #3
    Deadly Class #13
    Descender #3
    The Dying and the Dead #5
    Ghosted #20
    Intersect #7
    Invincible #120
    Jupiter's Circle #2
    Lazarus #17
    The Manhattan Projects: the Sun Beyond the Stars #3
    Morning Glories #47
    Nailbiter #12
    Nameless #4
    Outcast #9
    Pisces #2
    Saga #28
    Satellite Sam #14
    Southern Cross #3
    The Surface #4
    Thief of Thieves #29
    Velvet #13
    The Walking Dead #141
    The Wicked + the Divine #11
    Zero #17

Incredible Member

Why is Red One missing a month after only 3 issues?

Incredible Member

Also, no Alex + Ada? I thought it was ending at issue 15 this month?

What are fraction's plans for casanova? I take it acedia is a 4 issue arc. Will we get one of those sweet hardcovers for acedia? Will he start the next mini in the series soon?

Many new intriguing books this month though. I think I may give Injection and Valhalla Mad a try.

And man do I miss Mercenary Sea

Injection #1 - I'll give it a look. Ellis usually has an interesting idea to sell.

Mythic #1 - ...yeah, I'm a big old sucker for Phil Hester. I still miss Firebreather.

Wytches TPB v. 1

And the usual suspects:

Lazarus #17
    Chew #49
    Manifest Destiny #16
    Saga #28
    They're Not Like Us #6

Image is going to make me go broke...

INJECTION #1 - even if I didnt care for Trees, I'll try any Ellis written comic
    ROCHE LIMIT: CLANDESTINY #1
    BLACK SCIENCE #14
    CHRONONAUTS #3
    DESCENDER #3
    THE DYING AND THE DEAD #5
    LAZARUS #17
    NAMELESS #4
    SAGA #28
    VELVET #13
    ZERO #17

I guess Ill try out Injection.....the only other ones i get are Outcast, Lazarus....looks like wytches and southern bastards are MIA this month...
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

Dang Injection sounds really interesting, maybe I'll have to try it after all. Also, has anyone heard ANYTHING about Material #1 so far? It sounds like they're just dropping this on us out of nowhere? Cool though, the synopsis sounds kinda like "Change" which I loved. Ales Kot is always worth a look, which issue of Zero was Will Tempest on again?

Also wanna just point out that TIM SALE is on the Elephantmen Shots issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Also, no Alex + Ada? I thought it was ending at issue 15 this month?
    Not sure what's happening here, they've made some interesting scheduling decisions. Like they could've released trades during skip months to stay on schedule, but instead powered through all the way. Maybe they just need another month to make the ending really work; it's not like people are gonna drop it one issue before the end because of scheduling right?
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Fantastic Member

Will try out Injection and The Mantle and glad Brisson is on something new so quickly too.

Another Kot series huh. I'm wondering if Zero is coming to an end soon or if he'll manage his workload of 3 Image titles and his Marvel work.

Glad that Lazarus is starting a new arc and a number of other comics that look really interesting. Should be a fun month!

Adding: Injection, Son of the Devil
    Pulling: Birthright, Black Science, Chrononauts, Dying & Dead, Descender, Invisible Republic, Jupiter's Circle, Lazarus, Manhattan Projects, Manifest Destiny, Nailbiter, Outcast, Saga, Shutter, They're Not Like Us, Velvet, Walking Dead
    Dropping:
    - whats with the price increase?: Pisces (loved #1 preview too), Rat Queens
    - inconsistent art: Sex (will Kowalski draw entire arc?)
    - story didn't resonate: Roche Limit, Trees
    Will check out art preview: Mythic, Material
    Skip month: Autumnlands, Drifter, East of West, Fade Out, Goners, Low, Ody-C, Sex Criminals, Wytches

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    Will try out Injection and The Mantle and glad Brisson is on something new so quickly too.

Another Kot series huh. I'm wondering if Zero is coming to an end soon or if he'll manage his workload of 3 Image titles and his Marvel work.

Glad that Lazarus is starting a new arc and a number of other comics that look really interesting. Should be a fun month!
    If you haven't checked it out, Brisson has a new book out at BOOM!, Cluster. The first issue came out a couple of weeks ago and was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Why is Red One missing a month after only 3 issues?
    Red Ones original format is as 60-page graphic novels released in Europe as "Red Skin."
    Image are then serialising it for North America as standard 22-page issues. I imagine itll come in 3 issue chunks after each 60 page volume is completed and released in Europe.