Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    June! Dang, that's a shame, I was really getting into it, the last couple issues were brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I think we're do for issue 6 next week. That will be the concluding chapter of the first arc. I think what Remender was saying was that the second arc of Low will start in June.
    Yup. Issue 6 concludes the first arc. Issue 7 is out in June. My bad if that wasn't clear in my other post.

OK. Wow. Here we go...

Like others have mentioned for themselves, the new number ones minus Injection are doing really nothing for me. Which, budget wise is a good thing. Maybe when I see some preview art or hear more about them, I'll get interested.

Low not being solicited for 3 months really sucks and is disappointing, but at the same time it's not really surprising considering the delays that issues 4-6 have seen. I'm really hoping things will better be shipping wise for their second arc when it kicks off in June. I'm guessing the art is taking longer to get done than originally thought?

What is surprising is Rasputin taking a 3 month hiatus. I thought Riley Rossmo was a fairly quick artist. Proof if I remember right was pretty much on time during it's run. I could be wrong as that was a long time ago. I've really come to like Rasputin so seeing it gone for three months is a bummer.

The other surprise is East of West being gone again for what hopefully will be just a 2 month hiatus. After they're hiatus last year ended up being a little more than 3 months, it came back for what will be 4 issues with delays in those issues as issues 17 and 18 have seen release date shifts and more than likely 19 as well as Image currently has only two weeks between issues 18 and 19 in March, Now they're taking another 2 month break. That one stings too. Though I did see the TPB for it listed containing issues 16-19 so I'm guessing those four issues were a planned arc.

My pickups for May are...

Birthright #7
    Black Science #14
    Copperhead #7
    Descender #3
    Dying and the Dead #5
    Injection #1
    Invisible Republic #3
    Lazarus #17
    Nameless #4
    Outcast #9
    Pisces #2
    Postal #4
    Reyn #4
    Roche Limit: Clandestiny #1 (Have really loved the first arc. Can't wait to read arc 2!)
    Savior #2
    Secret Identities #4
    Southern Cross #3
    Spawn #253
    Trees #9 (Yaaay! It's back sooner than I thought it would be!)
    Wayward #8

On break/hiatus...

Autumnlands: Tooth and Claw
    Drifter
    East of West
    Five Ghosts
    Low
    Rasputin
    Rise of the Magi
    Savage Dragon
    Wytches
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 02-19-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup. Issue 6 concludes the first arc. Issue 7 is out in June. My bad if that wasn't clear in my other post.
    Nah you're fine, it was probably just me being a dolt. Glad Issue Six is incoming, even if we do have that wait afterwards for the next arc to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    Nah you're fine, it was probably just me being a dolt. Glad Issue Six is incoming, even if we do have that wait afterwards for the next arc to start.
    If an extra month or two is what Greg Tocchini needs, then I'm willing to wait. The book is gorgeous.

Speaking of which, here's issue #7's cover:

INJECTION #1
    TREES #9
    JUPITER’S CIRCLE #2
    LAZARUS #17
    NAMELESS #4
    VELVET #13
    ZERO #17
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

If an extra month or two is what Greg Tocchini needs, then I'm willing to wait. The book is gorgeous.

Speaking of which, here's issue #7's cover:

Unsurprsingly beautiful!

And man do I miss Mercenary Sea
    Previews is now showing #9 as cancelled; not sure what that means for the overall book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    Previews is now showing #9 as cancelled; not sure what that means for the overall book.
    No worries. The mercenary sea Facebook page has given constant updates. The book will start up again in the summer. The art apparently takes a long time and they are trying to get ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmahananda View Post
    Possibly, but they way they're doing it now, in a content-flood, works just as well in securing a lot of revenue.
    Sorry, but you're just wrong. Image doesn't work that way. They cover initial cost of printing and publishing/distribution. After that all the money is the creators. Image are a publisher, but it's not a company like any other publisher out there. So, its not a get rich scheme.

No worries. The mercenary sea Facebook page has given constant updates. The book will start up again in the summer. The art apparently takes a long time and they are trying to get ahead.
    That's good. It's a great, underrated book. Glad it's not canceled.

Birthright #7
    Descender #3
    Dying and the Dead #5
    EGOs #8
    Injection #1
    Manhattan Projects: Sun Beyond the Stars #3
    Nailbiter #12
    Nameless #4
    Outcast #9
    Postal #4
    Rocket Girl #6
    Saga #28
    Shutter #12
    Stray Bullets: Sunshine and Roses #5
    They're Not Like Us #6
    Trees #9
    Velvet #13
    Wicked + the Divine #11
    Zero #17

Maybe:
    Big Man Plans #3
    Chrononauts #3
    Invisible Republic #3
    Kaptara #2
    Material #1
    No Mercy #2
    Pisces #2
    Savior #2
    Sons of the Devil #1
    Southern Cross #3
    Surface #4

Trade-waiting:
    Luther Strode
    Walking Dead
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

That cover for Low #7 looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to the book coming back in June. I read the first two issues and loved them, but when issue 3 came out, I didn't get it read right away and it ended up in the bottom of my read pile. When issues 4-6 started seeing delays in their release, I wasn't all that eager to read issue 3. Soooo, I decided to wait until all six issues were out so I could read them in one sitting and be ready for when #7 comes out in a few months. Issue #6 is scheduled for February 25th and I can't wait!

I didn't even realize issues 4 and 5 of LOW had delays..

I didn't even realize issues 4 and 5 of LOW had delays..
    Actually, I'm wrong. I must have been thinking about another title. All the issues have been on time with the exception of a small delay for #5 and of course issue #6. I couldn't stand not knowing for sure so I had to look it up. Issue #3 was out September 24th, issue #4 was out October 29th, and issue #5 ended up skipping November altogether, but came out December 3rd. Issue #6 has been bumped a few times. Originally to come out the end of December, then the second or third week of January. Then it got bumped to the early part of February before it got bumped one last time to February 25th. Don't know why it took so long to get that last issue of the arc out, but I can see why they're doing a three month hiatus now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Actually, I'm wrong. I must have been thinking about another title. All the issues have been on time with the exception of a small delay for #5 and of course issue #6. I couldn't stand not knowing for sure so I had to look it up. Issue #3 was out September 24th, issue #4 was out October 29th, and issue #5 ended up skipping November altogether, but came out December 3rd. Issue #6 has been bumped a few times. Originally to come out the end of December, then the second or third week of January. Then it got bumped to the early part of February before it got bumped one last time to February 25th. Don't know why it took so long to get that last issue of the arc out, but I can see why they're doing a three month hiatus now.
    Ooook, now that you mention it, I do remember issue 5 skipping November. At the time, I thought it was planned to do that (because I don't usually pay attention to shipping schedules), but it may not have been. It does make much more sense to take a long break in between arcs if that's what it takes to ship on time. I'm totally fine with that as long as it doesn't turn into a Pretty Deadly scenario. I don't think I could wait that long.