Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If X-men 92 is literally the cartoon, then there will be subtle differences from Earth 616. Examples include Changeling surviving and Wolverine having no bone claws.

I suspect the Civil War World, Morrison's X-men, and any others will be similar to the runs and the like, but will have differences. For instance, Morrison's run had no reference to other heroes, so Mutopia might be a world in which there are only mutants.

I think Mutopia just means a world where Wanda didn't do her crazy-crazy. Where everywhere is like that neighbourhood Bishop was patrolling. Lorelei+Mr.X-4-eveh!
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Some of these are weird, like New Xandar. Just listing the story they're based on doesn't always work. Eye of Agamatto is another- I'm more confused than before about what it is.

Looking foreword to some of the reveals, like the City and Weirdworld.

BANNED

The 1990's Version of X-men ARE BACK!!!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Didn't Morrison's X-Men have a storyline with a possible future which deceased Jean undid or something? Might it be that?

I'm curious to see how those poor Marvel Babies will survive Battleworld. And Archania and Spider Island are clearly different concepts then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus
    If X-men 92 is literally the cartoon, then there will be subtle differences from Earth 616. Examples include Changeling surviving and Wolverine having no bone claws.
    It pprobably isn't literally the cartoon universe. That universe was actually the precursor to the 616 (the universe the 616 Galactus is from), as seen in the comic series that picked up where the cartoon ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well let's hope the people at Marvel are nicer to their adorable counterparts than those meanies at DC...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Didn't Morrison's X-Men have a storyline with a possible future which deceased Jean undid or something? Might it be that?

I'm curious to see how those poor Marvel Babies will survive Battleworld. And Archania and Spider Island are clearly different concepts then.
    Yes the Storyline was called Here comes tomorrow.A new Jean emerges from a Phoenix egg. She performs the judgement of the Phoenix and burns away what does not work. Maybe in this AU they clear up the Xorn confusion. Also the Morrison run had Magneto killed by Wolverine at the end. Magneto reappears in Genosha. Scarlet Witch has her breakdown, Magneto takes her to Genosha and Dr. Strange claims Magneto maybe a construct of Wandas mind. Which brings us to HOM. So Mutopia could be a AU version of the Morrison run and HOM maybe a AU version of the HOM story.

BANNED

2 x-men domains, damn I can't wait.

Hm.

Well, perhaps I will be buying something related to Secret Wars after all. I love me some Morrison NXM.

Luckily, I'm not buying a lot of monthlies at the moment.

-Pav, who has a fixed budget...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Marville turning out to be the Marvel babies is a bit surprising however Mutopia may end up being a real gem. Glad they made Morrison era one of the AU in Battleworld.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Marville turning out to be the Marvel babies is a bit surprising however Mutopia may end up being a real gem. Glad they made Morrison era one of the AU in Battleworld.
    I think the teaser back in October made it pretty clear it was going to be the A Babies and X-Babies reality. Anyway they'll probably get an adorable one-shot where they run about in New Quack City or Weirdworld.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    It pprobably isn't literally the cartoon universe. That universe was actually the precursor to the 616 (the universe the 616 Galactus is from), as seen in the comic series that picked up where the cartoon ended.
    Which comic series is that? Never heard of it. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Is there some intellectual property or other issue that Marvel has with Jim Lee, because there seems one obvious Marvel smash-hit mega-event that is missing from being mentioned these days: X-Tinction Agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Is there some intellectual property or other issue that Marvel has with Jim Lee, because there seems one obvious Marvel smash-hit mega-event that is missing from being mentioned these days: X-Tinction Agenda.
    Lee doesn't own any of the characters or storylines.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven