Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Is it fair to compare the Parker Industries stuff to any of the Mackie/Byrne Tricorp stuff again? I know Big Time was compared to it for the similarity, but Big Time tread it very well I thought. Peter never showed up for that big new status quo of his during the reboot in favor of beating schmucks up. When he did make it back there for an issue, the Ghost shows up and he fights him and succinctly loses his job. Here Peter comes back from Spider-Verse and fights the Ghost and Parker Industries seemingly goes mush.
    What was really bad with Tricorp was the writers had to drop it because they couldn't fit it in like they originally wanted. There was even set up that one of the coworkers was sabotaging Peter's work. Then it got drop after the atrocious Captain Power storyline and my favorite way: "Peter, you haven't been here and now Tricorp is in ashes. You're fired!" Least with Otto screwing up things with Peter's current job, he was ignoring and using his ego that he was better than everyone else. Yet, Peter lost that job really because Jameson outlawed Horizon Labs in New York, which you can't really do. Then its: "Well, Peter after all the crap of ignoring me and everything, you are fired!" But yet Max had Morbius and the Lizard going on because remember, Morbius was "an old friend".
    Peter running away to be Spider-Man instead of making the most out of Parker Indutrusties just continues that Slott can't write Peter Parker.
    Mooper Films

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    It was always meant to be a 6-issue run according to the writers Twitter.
    Good. To be honest, I don't like it whatsoever personally speaking, gives me another excuse not to get issue 3

Spectacular Member

Something else very interesting which is Dan Slott is not writing this ( that coupled with Conway writing 15.1). Has there ever been a month that DS has not written Spider-Man, since he became lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler53 View Post
    Something else very interesting which is Dan Slott is not writing this ( that coupled with Conway writing 15.1). Has there ever been a month that DS has not written Spider-Man, since he became lead?
    See post 30. Slott's cowriting.

This isn't very unusual. Gage cowrote the conclusion of Superior Spider-Man and the Spider Slayer arc, as well as a few other stories.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler53 View Post
    There were actually a handful of stories during the Big-Time era that Slott didn't write. I remember a Future Foundation story and a Mark Waid Daredevil crossover just off the top of my head.

Excited that Spider-Gwen #4 will give the full circumstances behind her Peter Parker's death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    According to Slott's Twitter he is cowriting it with Gage as usual. It's a mistake on the solicits (sure is a lot of them this month...)
    Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying. That makes a lot more sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mooper Films View Post
    What was really bad with Tricorp was the writers had to drop it because they couldn't fit it in like they originally wanted. There was even set up that one of the coworkers was sabotaging Peter's work. Then it got drop after the atrocious Captain Power storyline and my favorite way: "Peter, you haven't been here and now Tricorp is in ashes. You're fired!" Least with Otto screwing up things with Peter's current job, he was ignoring and using his ego that he was better than everyone else. Yet, Peter lost that job really because Jameson outlawed Horizon Labs in New York, which you can't really do. Then its: "Well, Peter after all the crap of ignoring me and everything, you are fired!" But yet Max had Morbius and the Lizard going on because remember, Morbius was "an old friend".
    Peter running away to be Spider-Man instead of making the most out of Parker Indutrusties just continues that Slott can't write Peter Parker.
    Yes, because screwing up a situation due to his double life as Peter and Spider-Man is SO out of character! Oh wait, it's kind of the backbone to almost every Spider-Man story. Never mind.

Also, it would probably make sense to wait and see what the story actually entails before making too many assumptions about what actually transpires in it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    no Spider-Man and the X-Men??? has this wretched series already been shit-canned??
    I hope so. Issue one and two were horrible.

- Jason G. Carr