BANNED

Default Solicitations for Ultimate Comics - May 2015

Click here!

SECRET WARS #1 (OF 8)
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (w) • ESAD RIBIC (a)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS (FEB150650)
    VARIANT COVER BY ESAD RIBIC (FEB150656)
    PARTY VARIANT COVER BY CHIP ZDARSKY (FEB150663)
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY SIMONE BIANCHI (FEB150653)
    VARIANT COVER BY AMANDA CONNOR (FEB150655)
    VARIANT COVER BY Jim Cheung (FEB150651)
    CLASSIC VARIANT COVER BY Butch Guice (FEB150652)
    YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG (FEB150657)
    BLANK VARIANT COVER (FEB150658)
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER (FEB150654)
    PARTY VARIANT SKETCH COVER BY CHIP ZDARSKY
    • THE FINAL INCURSION IS HAPPENING!
    • THE MARVEL UNIVERSE IS COLLIDING WITH THE ULTIMATE UNIVERSE!
    • AND NEITHER WILL SURVIVE!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

SECRET WARS #2 (OF 8)
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (w) • ESAD RIBIC (a)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY ESAD RIBIC
    VARIANT COVER BY YASMINE PUTRI
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY SIMONE BIANCHI
    CLASSIC VARIANT COVER BY Kevin Nowlan
    • WHEN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE IS GONE, ALL THAT REMAINS IS BATTLEWORLD!
    • LEARN THE SECRETS OF THIS BRAVE NEW REALM IN THIS SPECIAL OVERSIZED ISSUE!
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

ULTIMATE END #1 (OF 5)
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • MARK BAGLEY (a/C)
    VARIANT COVER by DAVID MARQUEZ
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    • MILES MORALES and the rest of the heroes of the ULTIMATE U face final extinction
    • As the end of their world becomes inevitable, will the heroes’ heartbreaking sacrifices make any difference?
    • The dramatic end of an era begins here!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SECRET WARS: BATTLEWORLD #1 (OF 4)
    JOSH WILLIAMSON & ED BRISSON (w)
    MIKE HENDERSON & SCOTT HEPBURN (a)
    Cover by PACO MEDINA
    VARIANT COVER by JAMES STOKOE
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    • When the Marvel Universe and the Ultimate Universe collide, there is only…Battleworld!
    • Featuring the fights, battles and blow-ups that are just TOO BIG for Secret Wars!
    • When a Dr. Strange-possessed Punisher goes on the run, only Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk and Ghost Rider can track him down!
    • Question: What happens when M.O.D.O.K. recruits every single M.O.D.O.K. ever for his evil schemes? Answer: M.O.D.O.K. M.A.D.N.E.S.S.!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ULTIMATE MARVEL OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, BILL JEMAS & MARK MILLAR
    Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, ADAM KUBERT, ANDY KUBERT & BRYAN HITCH
    Cover by VARIOUS
    Witness the birth of a new world, in which the heroes you know are reinvented for the modern era! The bite of a genetically engineered spider gives Peter Parker great power, but a harsh lesson will teach him responsibility. To prevent war, Charles Xavier recruits his X-Men — but Magneto’s Brotherhood reaches Wolverine first. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Giant-Man, Wasp and the Hulk — these are not the Avengers. They’re Nick Fury’s Ultimates. Young genius Reed Richards’ efforts to reach the N-Zone will forever change the lives of his fantastic friends. In a single volume, watch the Ultimate Universe — which helped make superstars of its architects, Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Millar — take shape through the opening acts of its core titles. Collecting ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN (2000) #1-7, ULTIMATE X-MEN (2001) #1-6, ULTIMATES (2002) #1-6 and ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #1-6.
    768 PGS./Parental Advisory …$99.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9750-8
    Trim size: oversized
    PS. I still want to believe Planet Hulk has to do with our Captain America, despite the new cover art not having Cap sport his Ultimate costume:
    PLANET HULK #1
    SAM HUMPHRIES (w) • MARC LAMING (a)
    Cover by MICHAEL DEL MUNDO
    VARIANT COVER by MUKESH SINGH
    BLANK COVER VARIANT
    YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    • A forbidden zone of wild HULKS
    • A battle-worn gladiator named STEVE ROGERS
    • A journey that could break the spirit of a world’s greatest freedom fighter.
    • PLUS: A back up story by a surprise creative team!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Hickman writing the back up please?!

Ugh, that Ultimate Universe Omni is so dumb. I can't believe something came along with Ultimate in the title that I would actively stop someone from buying.

As for the new stuff - looks good! Nothing really new here, other than I suppose that this confirms that Secret Wars kicks off with the 616/Ultimate incursion. I'm not sure my body is ready for how exciting this is, despite the end of the UU.

Incredible Member

I was thinking Greg Pak for the Planet Hulk backup. Also there's no way the whole Ultimate line will be getting that omnibus treatment. It's gotta be a celebratory omnibus.

Okay call me an idiot but I don't really 'get it' yet... Secret Wars is happening and leading into Battleword right? So why is Battleword happening at the same time?
    Also, things like Planet Hulk aren't just going to be reprints of the old storylines I assume? Man this would be so much easier if you could just read Ultimate End and nothing else. This is exactly why I rarely read Marvel outside the Ultimate verse haha!
    I like that Miles, the female Thor and Carol Danvers are all on the secret wars cover though.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

BANNED

Secret Wars is the event, Battleworld is the status quo some comics are ongoing due to Secret Wars. Just reading Secvret Wars will be fine, battle worlds is just a cool way of making a "map" of different settings and showing the warzones.

"• MILES MORALES and the rest of the heroes of the ULTIMATE U face final extinction
    • As the end of their world becomes inevitable, will the heroes’ heartbreaking sacrifices make any difference?
    • The dramatic end of an era begins here!"

beginning of the end... so why am I looking forward to this?.. Also, it's being done by Bendis... I hope its a fulfilling last hurrah and not four issues of nothing and one final rushed issue
    I'm blogging reviews again [Comics I Like] : http://comicsilike.blogspot.com/

I've done an X Fan Fic [Agency-X] : http://agencyxfanfic.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Not looking forward to seeing many of my favourite Ultimate characters go. I just hope they keep the best ones, by which I mean Nick Fury, Reed, Miles, Peter, basically all of the USM supporting cast, Jess, Doom, Kitty, and Thor. Really I just hope they don't smush the UU entirely.

Out of curiosity, what will you guys be picking up from all of the Secret Wars books?
    Although I already posted this on the Marvel board, I'll post it here again. I'm getting:
    • Secret Wars
    • Ultimate End
    • Secret Wars: Battleworld
    • Secret Wars Journal
    • Old Man Logan
    • A-Force
    • Planet Hulk
    • Spider-Verse
    Also considering Inhumans: Attilan Rising and Master of Kung Fu. Wasn't too sure about Planet Hulk as it's written by Humphries, but I've decided I'll give it a go seeing as I love me some Hulk.

Amazing Member

It's funny how I'm extremely excited to see Hickman continue too write the UU but absolutely dreading Bendis writing The End.

Seriously, guys, he's far surpassed Loeb in terms of continuity errors, poor dialogue, and bad plotting.

As for which tie-ins I'm getting:

-Main series (obviously)
    -Ultimate End (got to stick it out to the end even though I don't think it will be good))
    -Batttleworld (might be cool)
    -Spider-Verse (I think Spider-Gwen's Universe might be the next UU so I'm reading everything the character is in)
    -Inhumans (because I think the UU might be involved)
    Last edited by SpeedofLife; 02-18-2015 at 08:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    Seriously, guys, he's far surpassed Loeb in terms of continuity errors, poor dialogue, and bad plotting.
    Yeah it's a real shame that he doesn't seem to care about anything, he destroys Doom's latveria castle just when Doom was brought back in the first place. :*(

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Yeah it's a real shame that he doesn't seem to care about anything, he destroys Doom's latveria castle just when Doom was brought back in the first place. :*(
    And had Doom look for "proof" of the multiverse, even though he's dealt with it many times in the past.

And referenced Doom wearing armor, which he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Secret Wars is the event, Battleworld is the status quo some comics are ongoing due to Secret Wars. Just reading Secvret Wars will be fine, battle worlds is just a cool way of making a "map" of different settings and showing the warzones.
    Thanks! Makes much more sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Out of curiosity, what will you guys be picking up from all of the Secret Wars books?
    Honestly as few as possible, I prefer reading indies nowadays so all these big event crossovers eat into my Image/Boom!/Dark Horse budget. Definitely getting Ultimate End though (I like Bendis a lot, plus I mean, what other team than him and Bagley should be ending this?) and maybe the main Secret Wars series if it will be necessary. Hope not though. No offense but I don't care a whole lot for the Avengers, X-Men and the 'main' Marvel U; the only titles from there I read tend to be pretty isolated (Waid's Daredevil, Hawkguy, Captain Marvel, Squirrel Girl). I'm just here to see what happens to Miles, Gwen, MJ, the all-new ultimates and Ganke.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I'm picking up Secret Wars main, Ultimate End, Battleworld,and Old Man Logan for sure. There will probably be a few more that I snag along the way but those I know I want to check out.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.