Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default One Universe Remains when "Convergence" Concludes in DC Comics' May 2015 Solicitations

May sees the reshaping of the DC Universe as heroes battle across realities and "Convergence" concludes.

Full article here.

BANNED

Wally West desperately tries to protect his children and his city from the brutal assault of the Flashpoint Wonder Woman as the next phase of Convergence begins!
    Flashpoint Wonder Woman? Ohhhhhhhh boy everyone's gonna die.

The Green Lantern Corps is revived when Hal Jordan, John Stewart and Guy Gardner power up and race to take on Hercules Unbound and Anti God from the Great Disaster!
    ...whereas this actually sounds pretty cool. Huh. Might actually read something from this month.

I hope the books don't stay at 3.99 after Convergence but I will definitely be picking up some of these books and I can't wait to see what's going to happen afterwards. There are some books coming I'm very psyched for.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_16 View Post
    I hope the books don't stay at 3.99 after Convergence but I will definitely be picking up some of these books and I can't wait to see what's going to happen afterwards. There are some books coming I'm very psyched for.
    It's been reported that half the books in June will be at 2.99.

Happy to see LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT: NORM BREYFOGLE HC coming up!

Also, I'm glad Grayson is getting the hardcover treatment, but I wish they'd used Mikel Janin's cover for issue #1 instead of Robinson's...

-Convergence: Batgirl #2
    -Convergence: Nightwing/Batgirl #2
    -Convergence: The Question #2
    -Convergence: Speed Force #2
    -Convergence: Shazam! #2

Interested to see where things go post-Convergence. A lot of the announced books don't seem like the kind of books that will last long (although I applaud them for giving them a shot), so it will be interesting to see where things are once all this stabilizes.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Fantastic Member

Is this the right place to ask something about those CHIP KIDD variant covers ? If so, are those previews accurate, in that we only get the star on 1/2 the cover, the rest being a huge chunk of colour. Also when are previews to the Convergence #0 issue coming out ?

btw: never bought Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman or Shazam comics before but finding out they're about to do battle (ish) with Elseworld (ish) type versions of Batman, ones whose books I've had in my collection for yonks, well this has me most intreged and puts these issues onto my already padded Convergence list. (as a newbie I get a pass for probably posting this in the wrong thread, right ?! )
    Last edited by zwixxx; 02-17-2015 at 03:54 PM.

This whole Convergence thing isn't really grabbing my attention, Lobdell being so heavily involved in the main mini is a huge turn off. I might pick up a few of the minis but thats it, and that's if the buzz is positive.

I'll keep my eyes on:

Batman & Robin
    Batman Shadow Of The Bat
    Green Lantern Corps
    Hawkman
    The Question
    Swamp Thing

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD – INSPIRED ARTISTS DELUXE EDITION HC
    Art by BILL SIENKIEWICZ, LEE BERMEJO, DAVE JOHNSON, PAUL POPE, DAVID MACK, HOWARD CHAYKIN, NICOLA SCOTT, GABRIELE DELL’OTTO, CLIFF CHIANG, GEORGE PRATT, TOMMY LEE EDWARDS, JOHN PAUL LEON, TEDDY KRISTIANSEN, SIMON BISLEY, GILBERT HERNANDEZ, JAVIER PULIDO, TARA McPHERSON, DECLAN SHALVEY, REBEKAH ISAACS, DVE McKEAN and many more!

Well played DC/Warners

Now get these artists on some interiors, okthanks.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by zwixxx View Post
    Is this the right place to ask something about those CHIP KIDD variant covers ? If so, are those previews accurate, in that we only get the star on 1/2 the cover, the rest being a huge chunk of colour. Also when are previews to the Convergence #0 issue coming out ?
    You and me both. I refuse to even consider getting a cover where half of it is a mystery. Like those blind bag/box deals at stores...nope, nada, no purchase. For all I know, I'd hate the other half.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

the half is a "wave" of annihilation creeping over reality.

Its not some random thing where the artist was lazy, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    You and me both. I refuse to even consider getting a cover where half of it is a mystery. Like those blind bag/box deals at stores...nope, nada, no purchase. For all I know, I'd hate the other half.
    previews probably in march

Quote Originally Posted by zwixxx View Post

btw: never bought Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman or Shazam comics before but finding out they're about to do battle (ish) with Elseworld (ish) type versions of Batman, ones whose books I've had in my collection for yonks, well this has me most intreged and puts these issues onto my already padded Convergence list. (as a newbie I get a pass for probably posting this in the wrong thread, right ?! )
    Pretty sure the previews are accurate and having half the cover just being a solid color is intentional (also all the #2s have the color on the left side, all the #1s have it on the right).

Spectacular Member

How can only 1 universe remain when there is a June Earth 2: Society title?

Fantastic Member

Thanks for all the "yup those chunks are real" replies, and I did just see the Batgirl #2 cover and how it is the ying to the #1 yang. I now see what the artist was aiming for but I do like my covers filled so I'll stick with the standard versions in my pre-order basket. - As for all those Tony S Daniel variants for Convergence #1->#8, well I guess I'll just have to be patient. (looks like I'll be able to pre-order May's lot along with April's lot) And it seems the other pre-orderers at my online CBS are doing the same thing because it appears only 1 or 2 people have ordered any of the Convergence titles.