Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default DC Promises Big Changes as "Convergence" Winds Down in May

"Convergence" promises only 'one reality' after the DC Comics event wraps, Vertigo's "Hinterkind" concludes and more.

Full article here.

I hope that's a misreading of the "one reality," statement. DC needs a Multiverse.

BANNED

It's going to be a riot over at DC new HQ if they slam the door on the Multiverse and/or kill off the old Pre-New 52/Flashpoint world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I hope that's a misreading of the "one reality," statement. DC needs a Multiverse.
    I expect so too. Making too big a deal out of a solicit, methinks.

So far, the solicits seem to indicate there is still a multiverse bec of the earth 2 title. The comedy titles like Prez seem to have a stand alone continuity or set in an alternate earth. The Prez title has a teen girl as the president. My guess is the pre flashpoint earths will be harder to access bec. vanishing point will probably get blown up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I expect so too. Making too big a deal out of a solicit, methinks.
    Obviously. No way are they going to get rid of the 52 Earths or the vibration-based travel between them right after the end of Multiversity. If anything, it may mean that all those domed cities preserving old continuities just introduced will disappear into the light again. Would be way to piss off yet again the very same fans DC means to get back as a side effect of this office move-induced project.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

rather than a return to the days when DC's heroes traveled across the Multiverse, we may actually be seeing the doors slam shut on that concept more solidly than ever.
    Huh....and with that slamming will see me slamming the door on DC at last (I've been keeping a tiny crack open just in case they brought back ginger Wally in an alternate universe book, but if this is the death throes of the multiverse then that's that.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    It's going to be a riot over at DC new HQ if they slam the door on the Multiverse and/or kill off the old Pre-New 52/Flashpoint world.
    Agreed, hope this isn't what it means.

There won't be anymore multiverse yet again
    Well I wonder how long that will last

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yeah, that would stink on ice. Let's hope that does not happen.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    I'm of the same mind. You just gave us the Multiverse and now you want to take it away? LOL I'm sure its a mistake. They went to a lot of trouble to create 52 realities and then assign certain things to them, etc. etc. So no. I'm sure its not a firm closing of the doors. I sincerely think that doing that would be seriously foolish as you destroy a key piece of DCU history and something that has been missing from the comics since Crisis.

We need, and want a DCU Multiverse. Perhaps they mean there will be one main reality or that there will be no going from one universe to another, but that doesn't rule out the existence of the other universes or books that take place in those realities. At least, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_16 View Post

We need, and want a DCU Multiverse. Perhaps they mean there will be one main reality or that there will be no going from one universe to another, but that doesn't rule out the existence of the other universes or books that take place in those realities. At least, I hope.
    That's my guess, it would seem way to strange of a decision to just get rid of the multiverse all together after this event and the lead up with multiversity.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The wording might be what's the trick here...they say "one reality" not universe or multiverse as it may be. We haven't seen that the pre-52 earth is part of the multiverse as it's supposed to have been remade into the new 52 earth, but the pre-heroes are in Convergence. I'm wondering if they are wiping them out of reality and leaving only the new 52 universes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The wording might be what's the trick here...they say "one reality" not universe or multiverse as it may be. We haven't seen that the pre-52 earth is part of the multiverse as it's supposed to have been remade into the new 52 earth, but the pre-heroes are in Convergence. I'm wondering if they are wiping them out of reality and leaving only the new 52 universes.
    This is a good point. Reality is different from universe. I also believe DC will not let something like a solicit spoil too much for everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Which could be costly to DC Comics if they go that route.