View Poll Results: Who is Peter's best love interest?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane Watson

55 72.37%
  • Gwen Stacy

8 10.53%
  • Felicia Hardy

7 9.21%
  • Kitty Pryde

0 0%
  • Betty Brant

0 0%
  • Liz Allen

0 0%
  • Carlie Cooper

3 3.95%
  • Other

3 3.95%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I know Liz was interested in Peter, but they were never a couple.

Mighty Member

Mary Jane Watson-Parker
    panel_asm042b.jpg

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

MJ for me, my feelings about Peter's core love interests have always been that Gwen loved Peter and Felicia loves Spidey, but only MJ loves them both (or at least when she's written properly).

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I admit I'm a bit biased but I voted for Mary Jane Watson. Largely because that's what I grew up with admittedly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I know, you dream about Tigra, She-Hulk, Black Widow and Felicia Hardy. Let's agree to disagree, I prefer when Peter has a more grounded love life than what you describe here. :-)

And Psylocke? Really? How do you see her fit into Peter's life...?
    She's a female character close in age to Peter, so it'd be fine if they slept together. That alone is apparently enough.

Also, Mary Jane is the best.

OMG it's so close... for second place.

Deadpool definitely deadpool

Extraordinary Member

It's Mary Jane.

Always has been.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Cohort Effects. I don't think this survey will be accurate because you're most likely to vote for the one you grew up with or had more exposure to. I grew up with MJ and Peter together and will vote for MJ. However that's biased... does that necessarily mean that Gwen isn't better for Peter? Or if you got into ASM after OMD, then you don't really care about the marriage because you've really only been there for Carly. Does that mean she's better for Peter than MJ? Who can say?

I will say, I think MJ's characterization since the start of BND has been way off. Writers may take on MJ but she's not my MJ right now. Since the marriage dissolved, the Spider office seemingly doesn't seem to know what to do with her.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's Mary Jane.

Always has been.
    I don't know... House of M was the reality where everyone got what they wanted, and in that mini he was married to Gwen with a kid. I as a fan might want him to be with MJ, but I think it stands to reason that had Gwen not been killed, he might still be with her.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I know Liz was interested in Peter, but they were never a couple.
    When were Peter and Kitty Pryde a couple?
    (I stopped reading Spider-Man books in 1995 and only recently started picking up some tpb collections recently.)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    While I believe that they never should have been married, Peter and MJ was the only romance in comics that I ever actively rooted for.
    Yea, while they never should have married (BUT I detest the devil deal and can't forgive it!!!), it's Peter & MJ.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    While I believe that they never should have been married, Peter and MJ was the only romance in comics that I ever actively rooted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, while they never should have married (BUT I detest the devil deal and can't forgive it!!!), it's Peter & MJ.
    Why do you guys feel this way? If they were such a good couple why not get married?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When were Peter and Kitty Pryde a couple?
    (I stopped reading Spider-Man books in 1995 and only recently started picking up some tpb collections recently.)
    Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Kitty pretty much played the role of Black Cat in Peter's relationship dynamic minus sex-appeal.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why do you guys feel this way? If they were such a good couple why not get married?
    I'm a DC-minded person when it comes to aging and advancing...in that you mostly don't age or advance things. Bruce never retires and stays Batman (no legacies). Hal doesn't stay old and bad. Want another Flash or Batman?..there will have to be two Flashes or two Batmen then.

Peter shouldn't much age (where he's at for now is fine) and he doesn't get married ever (except in out of canon or 616 future stories). Peter & MJ date and have troubles here and there...FOREVER (leaving Peter able to date when they break up sometimes). JJJ rides Spider-Man's case, more or less, FOREVER. Peter keeps coming back to the Bugle to work as a photographer...FOREVER. Gwen stays dead and unromanced with Norman FOREVER. Aunt May lives...FOREVER (she stops aging entirely). You keep a core status quo (that you only very temporarily mess with like Death of Superman or Knightfall or maybe Clone Saga).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-18-2015 at 02:51 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”