Spectacular Member

Default Community Responsiveness

Along with revamping the exterior of the CBR Community are there any plans to upgrade/improve the internal hardware running the boards? I've noticed for the last year that the CBR Boards will constantly slow down and take seconds to load a page request.

Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Yes, absolutely -- we're waiting to see how the forums perform now that they're wiped, but a new server has already been spec'd out.

BANNED

Well, they do seem to be massively faster all of a sudden.

With any forum software, there's constantly an indexing process happening. VBulletin is no exception. The more users, boards, threads, posts, etc there are ... well, the longer that process takes.
    Since we're all sparkly clean, the process is super fast and so the Community will load really quickly. I know I'm loving it!
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somebodyatcbr View Post
    Along with revamping the exterior of the CBR Community are there any plans to upgrade/improve the internal hardware running the boards? I've noticed for the last year that the CBR Boards will constantly slow down and take seconds to load a page request.
    I noticed this as well. The lag was MASSIVE, I thought it was an issue with things on my end but it didn't click with the load time on other pages. Nice knowing it wasn't an issue with my ISP...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    With any forum software, there's constantly an indexing process happening. VBulletin is no exception. The more users, boards, threads, posts, etc there are ... well, the longer that process takes.
    Since we're all sparkly clean, the process is super fast and so the Community will load really quickly. I know I'm loving it!
    Thanks for the heads up. So I take it the accumulated data in the previous version of these forums actually got to the point of effecting the user experience?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Why don't you offload indexing to a dedicated server? And to be terribly honest, are people utilizing search that much on message boards that it needs so much attention? Considering all the rehash threads I've plus my experience, people take forum searching lightly if not flat out ignore it and it usually never works right anyway. On a tangent, I'm still surprised VBulletin is still around.