Super Moderator

Default Harrison Wells Stands Revealed In New "Flash" Trailer

The promo for "Out of Time" spills Wells' secret and promises big changes for the CW series.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member

Sounds like the Wells of today, is the same Wells responsible for giving Barry a beating.

My assumption was that Wells was driven insane, by one of his speed-force experiments. I figured that the Reverse-Flash who fought Barry, and the one who enabled Grodd in Ep 14, was a near-future version of Wells.

Harrison has already demonstrated his overenthusiasm for research results, his tendency to take risks and open up his environment to 'accidents'. It would make sense if his fixation on the Speed Force, resulted in an accident which affected his brain. So his future self would be the evil version.

But, it looks like they are saying no, the Reverse-Flash with the deficiency of morals, is the Harrison Wells of today.

Forget about the Flash reaching his potential. They have got to give Candice Patton the chance to achieve hers. The current storyline, where she's digging further into events surrounding the particle accelerator explosion, is fine. But this is an actress with striking potential, and she has to have a chance to extend her range of emotions. They have to give her some intense acting opportunities, that gives us loads of information with few words.

Jesse Martin is also underused, but Candice needs a vehicle before she gets pigeon holed.

You gave us a pretty face, Berlanti/Kreisberg/Johns, and pointed our eyes in her direction. Now help make it memorable.
    Last edited by xcoijoi; 02-19-2015 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Still makes me laugh how non-Flash-readers didn't realize Harrison Wells was Reverse Flash and don't realize that Eddie's last name doesn't mean he's Reverse Flash.

Eddie's last name is no accident...Eobard knows it and knows Eddie wells (so to speak). Eobard had to protect Eddie, to protect himself.

Love the show's relative faithfulness to the mythos. Love the superhero embrace. Grodd was great. What an amazing series.

[the only questions left with H.[G.]Wells is how much (degreewise) Hunter vs Eobard is in his character's likely mixed-influence design]
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I never understand why people wonder if Wells is good or bad. He's done some pretty bad stuff, killed Barry's mom, killed Simon Stagg, locks meta humans up without a trial, etc. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Fantastic Member

Looks like we won't have to wait long, for the TV version of the story. Cool trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odRXOGW1I5g