Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Someone else will be born with these powers.
    Yes, that's one more plot hole and one more reason why Eva/Xavier solution is not viable. It's a temporary fix at best because sooner or later, there will be another mutant with similar power or powers as dangerous. And then what? Call Eva to preemptively prevent his/her birth? Just in case?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yes, that's one more plot hole and one more reason why Eva/Xavier solution is not viable. It's a temporary fix at best because sooner or later, there will be another mutant with similar power or powers as dangerous. And then what? Call Eva to preemptively prevent his/her birth? Just in case?
    Or maybe the X-Men should help the mutant control his/her powers! There's a thought!

Heh. ;D

In the instance of a passive defense system, how about not poking the bear for a while till he calms down and learns to control it, hmm? Some telepathic intervention to keep his mind occupied till he can control it? Something? I don't know, anything except what actually happened.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Or maybe the X-Men should help the mutant control his/her powers! There's a thought!

Heh. ;D

In the instance of a passive defense system, how about not poking the bear for a while till he calms down and learns to control it, hmm? Some telepathic intervention to keep his mind occupied till he can control it? Something? I don't know, anything except what actually happened.
    How can you say such a thing, that's totally an alien concept to the X-Men. It's not like any of them has ever run a school or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    How can you say such a thing, that's totally an alien concept to the X-Men. It's not like any of them has ever run a school or anything...
    Ahaha. XD

Sigh. ^_^;;
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    Really, if there was more to support your argument than the one event you're trying to paint in a distorted light, you wouldn't have any trouble simply referencing them. You know, the same way I took the time to link and reference everything I've been citing.
    So you do know the scene(s) I am talking about. How about telling me how I am distorting those scenes?

P.S. If you expect courtesy, try ditching the condescending attitude.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Or maybe the X-Men should help the mutant control his/her powers! There's a thought!.
    Scott did before all 3 were wiped by SHIELD ;-;
    MM was getting good too, being able to 1/8th-reanimate their corpses. lol
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Scott did before all 3 were wiped by SHIELD ;-;
    MM was getting good too, being able to 1/8th-reanimate their corpses. lol

No! No! No! That's not how the world works! In a civilised society we nuke first and ask questions later! Geez, what did you want? Someone, like an X-Man, to try and talk to the guy?

Spectacular Member

I have to admit... I'm finding it hard to believe all the "Eva is disgusting for this -- they should try to talk him down & teach him to control his powers" sentiment in this thread for a mutant that was already on the verge of wiping out most of South Carolina... considering the general consensus on this board (for a loooong time now) for Wanda's mental breakdown/lunatic antics in HoM is that she should be put down in a most gruesome way.

So all the innocent human lives taken away we can excuse, but robbing Stacy X & Beak of their powers? Oh hell no. That's going too far. LMAO

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Wrote a review for this issue. Check it, if you please.

http://www.comicosity.com/review-uncanny-x-men-31/
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    I have to admit... I'm finding it hard to believe all the "Eva is disgusting for this -- they should try to talk him down & teach him to control his powers" sentiment in this thread for a mutant that was already on the verge of wiping out most of South Carolina... considering the general consensus on this board (for a loooong time now) for Wanda's mental breakdown/lunatic antics in HoM is that she should be put down in a most gruesome way.

So all the innocent human lives taken away we can excuse, but robbing Stacy X & Beak of their powers? Oh hell no. That's going too far. LMAO
    Stacy X...lol...oh Austen...

Now why would I not agree with what happened on M-day...mmm...no idea...there couldn't possibly be a hint in my avatar...I mean it's not like it's the poster child for de-powered mutants or anything...;p

My opinion on Wanda is the same. A character that was totally fine and had interesting powers, until she got hit with the 'omega' stick. Bobby, poweful mutant, someone says 'omega' and suddenly he's building an ice-harem with Nurse Annie?! That word curses ever character it comes close to.

Look at Eva. Was the most popular of the NXS kid(or so it seems), gets omega levelled up and now there's a thread asking what should be done with her.

Also, if at the end every possibility had been explored, the 'blow him the funk up' option might not be the most humane way to end someone's life.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 02-20-2015 at 04:52 PM.

This issue inspired me to make this strip today.
    Hope it gives you all a chuckle.

Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 02-20-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post

Can't see your strip Anthony. Might just be me though. I have a crappy laptop.
    Last edited by Pizzaman; 02-20-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

NEVA mess with EVA
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Pretty funny and a valid excuse to abuse Eva's powers.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Hilarious. XD

Side Note:

Stacy X appeared later, after being depowered and killed off, repowered and alive, in a comic written by her creator Joe Casey. No explanation was ever given.
    Prεtty Pεnny