Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Wonder Woman #39

Wow. People stand around talking. OMG, Diana nearly freaks out, and gets a lecture from Batman! She gets a pep talk from mom. The Amazons want to kill the male Amazons for some reason. Donna attacks Diana.

The writing in this is so cliche and boring. There's nothing there but a plot outline.

She does her now famous Rucka stance, "I did what had to be done" segment.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Wow. People stand around talking. OMG, Diana nearly freaks out, and gets a lecture from Batman! She gets a pep talk from mom. The Amazons want to kill the male Amazons for some reason. Donna attacks Diana.

The writing in this is so cliche and boring. There's nothing there but a plot outline.
    I'm sad that we don't have a more seasoned writer for this story ... The plot has potential, but the pacing and writing are very poor. I truly want to like Meredith, but thus far she's failing IMO

The art was VERY inconsistent in this issue too ... A backslide from the last issue, which I thought looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    She does her now famous Rucka stance, "I did what had to be done" segment.
    I will say that I liked her response to Batman though "I'm the only one wlling to admit it" at least she stood up for herself.

And one of the many downfalls is the simply fact is we are never giving a why the amazons can't make their own weapons, why do they hate men. Just because Amazons are normally prototyped has men haters doesn't mean we should. For one thing it is not to say that they don't have their own flaws but still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I will say that I liked her response to Batman though "I'm the only one wlling to admit it" at least she stood up for herself.
    yes, but he follows laws and help the police. He role is do what police can't do. he seeks justice, not vengeance

I'm sad that we don't have a more seasoned writer for this story ... The plot has potential, but the pacing and writing are very poor. I truly want to like Meredith, but thus far she's failing IMO

The art was VERY inconsistent in this issue too ... A backslide from the last issue, which I thought looked great.
    the art was inconsistent on the last issue too.

I think Meredith lack of experience show on this issues. only now we see the manazons, ww teenage dialogue.

If DC want to sell on WW better put a new creative team on ww, johns is doing a good job
    Last edited by Blacksun; 02-18-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    yes, but he follows laws and help the police. He role is do what police can't do. he seeks justice, not vengeance
    That doesn't mean he doesn't have blood on his hands too. Using Batman as the "moral compass" of the JLA is laughable.

Incredible Member

This story arc is moving really slow.

BANNED

That doesn't mean he doesn't have blood on his hands too. Using Batman as the "moral compass" of the JLA is laughable.
    Like every cop, judge also has. follow laws isn't 100% free of flaws

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Batman only follows one law:

Dont kill people.

He will break any number of laws, assault, cripple and even torture any number of people to get the answers he is looking for.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

Dont kill people.

He will break any number of laws, assault, cripple and even torture any number of people to get the answers he is looking for.

Meh that's exactly what the rest of the league does. The same kind of brutality we see out of Bruce is seen in the other members of the League. The truth of the League is that they're a bunch of hypocrites. Superman berates Diana for murder but he's done it in the past as well.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Meh that's exactly what the rest of the league does. The same kind of brutality we see out of Bruce is seen in the other members of the League. The truth of the League is that they're a bunch of hypocrites. Superman berates Diana for murder but he's done it in the past as well.
    Batman however is the worst offender.

Fantastic Member

Batman however is the worst offender.
    How? 10 char

Always Rakzo

Are we discussing this here now?

Well, it had quite awkward dialogue. Especially when Diana was facing that monster.

Astonishing Member

Dont kill people.

It's actually that "one law" that she's criticizing him for, right? She asks "How many lives have been lost in Gotham because of that higher standard you hold yourself to"? In other words, Batman has "blood on his hands" because he refuses to kill his villains but instead allows them to live on to kill more innocents. It's not really the kind of argument I love to see her making.