Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

What did Donna do? ..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

The issue felt very disjointed.... we're just dropped into the scenario with Bats and Kal, then suddenly she's on a cliff, then we get Amazon drama..... no flow or real thread to the storytelling.....

I enjoyed reading this issue.
    Some dialogue was off, but the overall story and characters were acceptable.
    Hippolyta's talk with Diana gave some insight on why she has been acting "un-Diana" like lately (at least that is what I am telling myself
    and because of that made the last four issues much better).

I liked the art very much.

Over all I am actually enjoying the story itself and how so many characters (left out during the Super-Great Azzarello run)
    are appearing or being introduced to the Wonder Woman New 52 world.

Looking forward to next months Wonder Woman #40 and Wonder Woman Annual #1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    It's actually that "one law" that she's criticizing him for, right?
    She is.

But he is going on about they (the League or superheroes in general) have to abide by a higher moral standard... which is hypocritical of him, since he is the one willing to put people in therapy or the hospital to get information.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    What did Donna do? ..
    Nothing much.

Showed up at the end preaching some "No Manazons!" nonsense. Seemingly challenged Diana for the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    The issue felt very disjointed.... we're just dropped into the scenario with Bats and Kal, then suddenly she's on a cliff, then we get Amazon drama..... no flow or real thread to the storytelling.....
    Feels like that has been the case for the entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Nothing much.

Showed up at the end preaching some "No Manazons!" nonsense. Seemingly challenged Diana for the throne.
    You wouldn't happen to have a scan would you?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have a scan would you?
    Nope. Just picture a woman in armor screaming about some nonsense and then drawing a sword and jumping. You'll be in the ballpark.

I just dropped by to say that this book is the epitome of crap. DC should be ashamed of themselves.Finch is supposedly an amazing All-Star artist who also has the credentials to write books like Batman? Books for which people would cut their own arms off? And then his wife starts her career on WW, following Azzarello's strong run? How the hell can this crap writing get past the editors? For example how can that old woman whine that WW is never around to help and then a couple of pages later chastise WW for helping out and nobody asked "hey Finch, what are you writing here?"

Sorry guys, it is what it is, and i'm calling DC out for it.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 02-18-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: creator bashing removed

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Nope. Just picture a woman in armor screaming about some nonsense and then drawing a sword and jumping. You'll be in the ballpark.
    Oh my .. i can see it now XD
    Last edited by Javier Velasco; 02-18-2015 at 05:21 PM. Reason: obsenity
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

I just dropped by to say that this book is the epitome of crap. DC should be ashamed of themselves. Finch is supposedly an amazing All-Star artist who also has the credentials to write books like Batman? Books for which people would cut their own arms off? And then his wife starts her career on WW, following Azzarello's strong run? How the hell can this crap writing get past the editors? For example how can that old woman whine that WW is never around to help and then a couple of pages later chastise WW for helping out and nobody asked "hey Finch, what are you writing here?"

Sorry guys, it is what it is, and i'm calling DC out for it.
    From what I've seen on this board you're not alone. So don't feel too bad.

Even if I don't feel as strongly, it is hard to put together anything that resembles a counter argument for the point of view Dr. Hurt has laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    From what I've seen on this board you're not alone. So don't feel too bad.
    Well for the old lady. She's old so yeah, that's that.

But I do get her point.
    You don't just up and change a whole civilization in the span of one night, and add new people there. Without actually being there to implement the change. She looks like a bad ruler.She's telling them "Hey, this is new. So do this". That's not what a ruler does. I know she added a court so people can talk equally and air their grievances, but the fact of the matter is, she isn't there. You are their Queen, no matter what new change you want to bring, you have to do it yourself, and be the figure head of change. She's just passing the buck onto others while she's off with the league, and crying with teddy bears.

I might have said the same thing multiple times. But you get it.

She should take lessons from Aquaman and Mera on how to rule.

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Well for the old lady. She's old so yeah, that's that.

But I do get her point.
    You don't just up and change a whole civilization in the span of one night, and add new people there. Without actually being there to implement the change. She looks like a bad ruler.She's telling them "Hey, this is new. So do this". That's not what a ruler does. I know she added a court so people can talk equally and air their grievances, but the fact of the matter is, she isn't there. You are their Queen, no matter what new change you want to bring, you have to do it yourself, and be the figure head of change. She's just passing the buck onto others while she's off with the league, and crying with teddy bears.

I might have said the same thing multiple times. But you get it.

She should take lessons from Aquaman and Mera on how to rule.
    It is what a ruler does. Aquaman and Mera are away a lot and Atlantis has a council too. Delegating isn't anything new in monarchies. The ruler barks their orders, the council executes the order. That's how it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Love View Post
    It is what a ruler does. Aquaman and Mera are away a lot and Atlantis has a council too. Delegating isn't anything new in monarchies. The ruler barks their orders, the council executes the order. That's how it usually is.
    Yeah, the different is that they didn't change Atlantis' social structure. She is trying to do that. You can't implement change without being there to show them how to do it. That is what a bad ruler does. Which is what she is doing.

When Arthur is trying to switch things up, and bring humans to work in Atlantis. He is there, working actively with them.

Wonder Woman does none of that.

She sucks as a ruler. Point blank period.