Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Allred might be a little too loose and cartoony for my tastes.
    Will Eisner is far more cartoony!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Will Eisner is far more cartoony!
    But Eisner's cartoon style felt more grounded in reality . . . he got and seemed to enjoy playing with the basic nuts and bolts of life all around us. Allred in the past felt more fantasy-like, so I'm not sure how well that would work. (It's been a while since I last really looked at his artwork.)

I dig what your saying. Though cartoony and expressive, Eisner's art definitely started in realism. I disagree with Allred being loose. I actually find his stuff very precise, albeit simplified and very stylized.

Anyway, I hope we can get some new reprint version of Eisner's The Spirit going, even if it's just a set of 'Best of' volumes. Thankfully, my public library has most of the Spirit Archives, but I'd like to own a good selection without breaking the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    . . . Anyway, I hope we can get some new reprint version of Eisner's The Spirit going, even if it's just a set of 'Best of' volumes. Thankfully, my public library has most of the Spirit Archives, but I'd like to own a good selection without breaking the bank.
    I loved when Kitchen Sink Press use to have a monthly comic book that reprinted the strips in order back in the 1980s.