Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I think it's safe to say storm can manipulate magnetic fields to keep the people out of harm's way.

Spectacular Member just-my-2cents's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    What??? they were clutching each other because they almost got demolished by a giant tidal wave (hence the screams from the bridge as the waves approached). I think you are just...reaching. HARD.
    Wind Rider, really nice review, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this issue and can not wait for issue #9! That being said I cannot believe a debate is going on because of possible sun burn and lovely illustrations to boot. Storms control over these elements have been proven time and time again all that is needed is for one to pick up a comic book with her using her powers and I'm sure its stated on panel.

Spectacular Member just-my-2cents's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Question:

Does anyone have that scan from Morrison's run on "New X-Men" where all of the X-Men had to wear some kind of protection to avoid radiation poisoning in the area, but Storm didn't? It may have been the issue where they recovered Polaris.
    New Xmen #132 i believe it is.

BANNED

Right! An argument could be made for Harmon being exposed but this....

No one argued how could Cyclops blast the skin off Xavier without destroying his bones. Considering Cyke shoots concussion blasts and not heat rays.

Or how Emma can turn her skin Diamond hard and still move.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

First, Rider thank you for the lovely review. This issues was absolutely spectacular. Aside from the art in certain panels I thought the issue was nicely paced and fun showing how well rounded of a hero she can be. Not only did we get waterbending lol but also her manipulating magnetic fields. Magneto watch your back or out gurl is gonna make you obsolete. But in all seriousness I thoroughly enjoyed the issue!

Just something I forgot to mention but thought was nice and that was seeing the remnants of utopia and how Harmon was trying to exploit that.

Not even going to touch the whole exposure debate because I'm not falling for it.

Love you stormnistas so much!!! Thanks again Rider
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-18-2015 at 08:34 PM.

Amazing Member

Storm also flew from Louisiana to San Francisco in a few panels.

That's a tremendous speed feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tee29 View Post
    Storm also flew from Louisiana to San Francisco in a few panels.

That's a tremendous speed feat.
    I'm not sure it was that fast. It was night time in new Orleans and when she arrived to San Fran it could have sometime early morning or late afternoon. In either case I don't think it was impressive as the showing when she carried the plane from Vegas to new york
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-18-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    I'd love to see her have to fight a weather manipulator. She definitely needs to get a rouges gallery. A hole bunch of new villains on a mid teir level and like 2 on her level.
    I think other powerful elementally empowered opponents would be cool. Her current rogues that are specific to her is a rather short list and most are not a sufficient challenge (at least not without the proper tech).

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Despite my grips with this issue and how the series isn't as big story wise as I want it to be, I love how he explores her powers. I love how he shows her powers as more than just weather manipulation. Not only does he show how powerful she is while still keeping her in character which almost no x writer knows how to do but her powers seems to learn towards planetary manipulation which absolutely makes me happy.
    Her powers are just really interesting to me because there is so much to them that does get explored. This issue just blew me away with finally seeing her do things that fans have long speculated. Between the manipulation of the various atmospheric elements and energies, and the extra sensory abilities her degree of versatility is quite extensive. And there is so much more to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by just-my-2cents View Post
    Wind Rider, really nice review, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this issue and can not wait for issue #9! That being said I cannot believe a debate is going on because of possible sun burn and lovely illustrations to boot. Storms control over these elements have been proven time and time again all that is needed is for one to pick up a comic book with her using her powers and I'm sure its stated on panel.
    LOL on that sun burn. And I wholeheartedly agree.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Question:

Does anyone have that scan from Morrison's run on "New X-Men" where all of the X-Men had to wear some kind of protection to avoid radiation poisoning in the area, but Storm didn't? It may have been the issue where they recovered Polaris.
    This what you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    No one argued how could Cyclops blast the skin off Xavier without destroying his bones. Considering Cyke shoots concussion blasts and not heat rays.

Or how Emma can turn her skin Diamond hard and still move.
    Fair points.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    First, Rider thank you for the lovely review. This issues was absolutely spectacular. Aside from the art in certain panels I thought the issue was nicely paced and fun showing how well rounded of a hero she can be. Not only did we get waterbending lol but also her manipulating magnetic fields. Magneto watch your back or out gurl is gonna make you obsolete. But in all seriousness I thoroughly enjoyed the issue!

Just something I forgot to mention but thought was nice and that was seeing the remnants of utopia and how Harmon was trying to exploit that.

Not even going to touch the whole exposure debate because I'm not falling for it.

Love you stormnistas so much!!! Thanks again Rider
    Thanks Kyss . I was wondering when you post your thoughts. How would you rate it? And have you seen any other reviews yet?

I'm not sure it was that fast. It was night time in new Orleans and when she arrived to San Fran it could have sometime early morning or late afternoon. In either case I don't think it was impressive as the showing when she carried the plane from Vegas to new york
    Correct. She left Lousiana at night and arrived to SF the next morning, which is fit wind based flight speed as far the timing is concerned.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 02-19-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks Kyss . I was wondering when you post your thoughts. How would you rate it? And have you seen any other reviews yet?

Correct. She left Lousiana at night and arrived to SF the next morning, which is would fit wind based flight speed.
    I thought the issue was superb. I would rate it 4.5 out 5 with the deduction due to the art nothing being as clear throughout the issue. There were some panels that were nice like the rainbow panel while some were just ugh (mostly the senator/air fight psnels). But overall it was a fun and well paced story showing just how versatile, level-headed, and well equipped she can be when faced with split second life threatening decisions. One of my faves definitely. How do you rate/order all of the issues 1-8?

To you last point I'm not sure what u meant lol

I thought the issue was superb. I would rate it 4.5 out 5 with the deduction due to the art nothing being as clear throughout the issue. There were some panels that were nice like the rainbow panel while some were just ugh (mostly the senator/air fight psnels). But overall it was a fun and well paced story showing just how versatile, level-headed, and well equipped she can be when faced with split second life threatening decisions. One of my faves definitely. How do you rate/order all of the issues 1-8?

To you last point I'm not sure what u meant lol
    Looking back at that page where she vaporized the wave did look pretty damn good. Probably the nicest page in the issue (and I like the scenes of her underwater). And agreed on how good Storm is with thinking on her feet. She is one of the best tacticians and most resourceful of the X-Men. I'd rank the issues:

1/7/6
    4 (then a big gap)

2 (a bigger gap)

On that last point I was agreeing with you on the flight speed. I don't think her speed was anything more than what we normally see. In Louisiana it was night time and she arrived in SF the following day.

BANNED

Looking back at that page where she vaporized the wave did look pretty damn good. Probably the nicest page in the issue (and I like the scenes of her underwater). And agreed on how good Storm is with thinking on her feet. She is one of the best tacticians and most resourceful of the X-Men. I'd rank the issues:

1/7/6
    4 (then a big gap)

2 (a bigger gap)

On that last point I was agreeing with you on the flight speed. I don't think her speed was anything more than what we normally see. In Louisiana it was night time and she arrived in SF the following day.
    Regarding Storm's flight speed, I'd like to bring up two instances:

1) X-Treme X-Men "Schism"- Storm flew from New Orleans to Xavier's mansion in New York in a matter of minutes when she fought Emma. (Well, the issue doesn't state exactly how long it took her, but it appears to have been minutes from what was going on).

2) In the Annual where she fought Terminus, she flew so fast that Rogue, who flies at supersonic speed, could not catch up to her. Not only that, but she flew from Australia to the Savage Land in Antarctica in no time flat.

PS. Thanks for the scan, WR.

BANNED

Lovely review thread. This sounds like the best issue to date. I can't wait to get this one in my hands. I need to see Storm dismantle that POS Harmon.

Regarding Storm's flight speed, I'd like to bring up two instances:

1) X-Treme X-Men "Schism"- Storm flew from New Orleans to Xavier's mansion in New York in a matter of minutes when she fought Emma. (Well, the issue doesn't state exactly how long it took her, but it appears to have been minutes from what was going on).

2) In the Annual where she fought Terminus, she flew so fast that Rogue, who flies at supersonic speed, could not catch up to her. Not only that, but she flew from Australia to the Savage Land in Antarctica in no time flat.

PS. Thanks for the scan, WR.
    You are welcome Rutog . I am familiar with the instances you are referencing on the flight speed, but I don't think they can prove supersonic speed. And Rogue, at that time, had her OHOTMU speed listed at subsonic. Canonically I think Storm's speed has proven to be faster than Ms.Marvel Rogue, as in addition to the annual where they fought Terminus, there was the other comic where the X-Men had taken on a giant dragon attacking Japan and Xavier noted that Storm is likely faster than Rogue with respect to flight speed. And we have an actual determinable speed from Storm #6 where she achieved 390mph.

But either way it's not conclusive that Ororo flies beyond subsonic in general, but we know she could and has through unnatural applications of her powers (i.e. - the massive wind tunnel in WAP to travel from Wakanda to San Francisco in minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lovely review thread. This sounds like the best issue to date. I can't wait to get this one in my hands. I need to see Storm dismantle that POS Harmon.
    Thanks BB . And I think on the bold you will be pleased.