Default Silver Surfer #9

Anyone else completely in love with this series? Is #10 going to be the last issue ever, or just the end of this arc. I hope this series goes forever. It reminds me of Doctor Who in a zillion ways.

Well issue #12 is solicited for May so I imagine it's going to continue for a while. I'm really enjoying this series myself so hopefully its for a long while.

Mighty Member

I feel like both Galactus and Silver Surfer were acting a bit hastily. Galactus has shown patients and a willingness to listen when he's not on the brink of starvation, and Surfer of all people should have known that instead of being all alpha male, but any complaints I might have is completely wiped away by moon surfing. Moon surfing INTO GALACTUS no less. That's too hardcore for words.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this series isn't going to make it out of Secret Wars, although I too enjoy this immensely and you be pretty disappointed to see it go. I just posted in a different thread about the silver surfer where I commented about issue #91. That particular Surfer series ran for 146 issues...you guys think well ever see a Marvel comic series run for that long without a re-numbering let alone a silver surfer series?

Now THAT is one hell of a double page spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Now THAT is one hell of a double page spread.
    I KNOW RIGHT?! I also really liked the three panels when the surfer was racing towards Galactus with the moon...i though it looked cool and i got the sense of just how fast he was traveling. Also, I found this on Newsarama I thought you guys may like.

http://www.newsarama.com/23566-silve...ar-tie-in.html

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    any complaints I might have is completely wiped away by moon surfing. Moon surfing INTO GALACTUS no less. That's too hardcore for words.
    Moments like that are why I love this series, they do wild stuff on the regular. Also, their storytelling style in all the issues before this current arc was a totally unique and great one. For being single issue stories, they told insanely cool, trippy, and beautiful short stories. I hope after this arc they go back to that format of zany one shots. I like this arc, but the other format felt more like Matt Fraction's Fantastic Four/FF style execution (I've always had a real soft spot for that FF run)

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I KNOW RIGHT?! I also really liked the three panels when the surfer was racing towards Galactus with the moon...i though it looked cool and i got the sense of just how fast he was traveling. Also, I found this on Newsarama I thought you guys may like.

http://www.newsarama.com/23566-silve...ar-tie-in.html
    I am not reading this current series (was out of the loop and did not even KNOW a current SS series was being done-boo for me, so I am trade-waiting it), but I LOVE SS. And if he is telling the truth, I am SOOOO glad.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I am not reading this current series (was out of the loop and did not even KNOW a current SS series was being done-boo for me, so I am trade-waiting it), but I LOVE SS. And if he is telling the truth, I am SOOOO glad.
    That sounds so cool. I'm not a big fan of Slott's ASM but this has been the best thing Marvel is publishing since it began.

I am not loving it as much as I thought I might, but I definitely like it. I wish the zaniness was balanced with more philosophical stuff, but that's not really Dan Slott's thing I suppose. It's still a fun comic though, and the moon-surfing was just more evidence of that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what might happen with that dangling plot from the first arc, with whatshisface with the sword being stuck in like a nether realm. Methinks it might have something to do with the solicited Secret Wars arc.

The art in this issue was good, but I need more... I dunno. Alien-ness to it. I was hoping we'd see what Galactus looked like to the different characters of Newhaven.

-Pav, who hopes this series lasts because it'll probably get stronger and stronger...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Man, just when I was starting to like a Marvel series again it's getting ruined by a crossover/event/reboot whatever it is.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

He surfed the damn moon