Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Also, being able to actually mentally attack the thing enslaving them (the slave discs) - something that the Silver Surfer was incapable of doing. And doing that during a fight to the death, commanded by said slave disc. Granted, he'd only gotten through about 3/4ers of the hack when Hulk called the fight. Those feats were done without any armor at all, and without any connection with JARVIS.

He also, explicitly, controls his armor with some form of the technopathy granted by Extremis. It's how he calls and gets rid of it from his bones, for example, but it's also how he's linked with it for regular operations for at least 10 years now. There was an explanation about how it's a better and much faster link than he had with his previous systems.

And he's got a fair number of other feats for taking things over remotely. He disabled Osborne's armor in Siege, crashed the helicarrier into Sentry (though he DID call out a code first, IIRC), has remotely hacked security systems repeatedly.
    I'd kinda count that as a ... not feat.

I mean comparatively speaking, SS's mental abilites are to Tony, what Pym's technological abilities are to Tony's. The work of an ant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It must be several minutes since the last one, so...

Let's see:
    - The sum total of a multiverse larger than the main Marvel multiverse
    - One of a race of alien beings called The Beyonders
    - A sentient cosmic cube
    - A hot naked chick sleeping it off at the Kyln
    - A super-powerful Inhuman
    - Willie Lumpkin's moustache
    - What's next?

(Note: one or more of the above may not be true.)
    You also missed the one time "the Guy Galactus hired Deadpool to kill". If you don't believe me, behold!

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

I mean comparatively speaking, SS's mental abilites are to Tony, what Pym's technological abilities are to Tony's. The work of an ant.

You also missed the one time "the Guy Galactus hired Deadpool to kill". If you don't believe me, behold!

and just when i think nothing dealing with deadpool could surprise me, i see shit like this.

Oh Deadpool, why do you keep giving us reasons to love you? Cthulhu, stop making your proxy so confusing and lovable!

He does what he wants.

As far as it goes, he's the best proxy ever.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Wait, wouldn't Cosmic Awareness give Galactus full insight into the contents of everyone's shorts, shorter-than-normal or otherwise?

Not convinced that's fair on Hank. Hank, like Reed, invents whole new fields of science. Tony doesn't tend to do that, but he's very good at the branches that DO exist. Weaponising the sun and downloading yourself before deleting your brain vs microverse-level shrinking, pocket universes in the shape of a flexibly-sized office building, and a robot so advanced it took over half the frickin' universe.

They're not far apart, tech-wise.

Tony's just a bit more practical in application, whereas Hank loves to focus on new theory.

Also... that Deadpool stuff? Wtf?!

Okay, new twist: Other 616 Earth heroes (Avengers, X-Men, Deadpool [?], etc.) have discovered this invasion and are prepared to put it down. How does it go for the Eggman Empire?

A) With help from the Guardians of the Galaxy.

B) Without help from GotG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    Okay, new twist: Other 616 Earth heroes (Avengers, X-Men, Deadpool [?], etc.) have discovered this invasion and are prepared to put it down. How does it go for the Eggman Empire?

then it's a stomp for marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post

So, just to be clear, the consensus was that Tony Stark alone would beat the invasion.

In which case, I'm curious as to why you feel giving Tony assistance would change the outcome.

It's a bit like (exaggerating for effect):

"What would happen if prime Mike Tyson got into a fight with Pee Wee Herman?"
    "Tyson would stomp."
    "Ok, so what if we gave Tyson a machine gun?"

So, just to be clear, the consensus was that Tony Stark alone would beat the invasion.

In which case, I'm curious as to why you feel giving Tony assistance would change the outcome.

"Tyson would stomp."
    This man speaks the truth.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

"Tyson would stomp."
    Maybe it's less "Let's give Tyson a Machine Gun" and more "Lets give him Evander Hollifield and see where that goes".

They are going to slow Tony down by trying to make him be less of an Iron Dick.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

"Tyson would stomp."
    Hank Pym might create something that kills everyone on his own side a little bit before killing everyone on Eggman's side, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Y'know they say all scientists are created equal...but when you look Tony and you look at Eggman you can see that that statement is not true.

See normally when you're going one on one with another mad scientist, you've got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Tony's jacked on Extremis, and he's not normal. So Eggman's got a 25% chance at best of beating him.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Y'know they say all scientists are created equal...but when you look Tony and you look at Eggman you can see that that statement is not true.

See normally when you're going one on one with another mad scientist, you've got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Tony's jacked on Extremis, and he's not normal. So Eggman's got a 25% chance at best of beating him.
    then you add hank pym to the mix and your chances of winnin dracticy go down.

see mc-eggman? the numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for you at CBR.
    Last edited by master of read; 02-21-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Eggman has weapoized time itself, however (or something close enough, anyway). I have trouble believing that anyone (with the possible exception of Mr. Fantastic) could withstand what the Time Eater is capable of.