View Poll Results: Should Jameson Grow Out of His Hatred For Spider-Man?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 47.83%
  • No

12 52.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is It Time JJJ Got Over His Hate For Spider-Man?

For decades Peter has been dealing with Jameson's anti-Spidey campaign. It's even lead to him sponsoring two supervillains - the Spider-Slayers and the Scorpion. Isn't it time that Jonah finally move on from his hatred and maybe accepted that he's been wrong about Spider-Man?

They did it in the Ultimate Universe. It was really nice character development.

They won't do it (at least not permanently) in 616 (or whatever we'll be calling it after Secret Wars) for the same reasons they wanted Peter single again.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Logically? Yes. But entertainment wise? No, lol I enjoy seeing him rant and rave about Spider-Man personally, especially while at the same time he's around Peter lol.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Absolutely not. NEVER. Good writers and editors will keep his anti-Spidey hate fresh.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

No. It loses one of the most entertaining things about the comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Absolutely not. NEVER. Good writers and editors will keep his anti-Spidey hate fresh.
    How? I mean if you've seen one story of Jonah ranting about how evil Spider-Man is you've seen them all (the same could be said of a lot of super villains furthering the argument for killing them off but that's for another argument).

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It kind of loses its charm when it's so overplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How? I mean if you've seen one story of Jonah ranting about how evil Spider-Man is you've seen them all (the same could be said of a lot of super villains furthering the argument for killing them off but that's for another argument).

It kind of loses its charm when it's so overplayed.
    But what do you replace it with?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Comics have plots, not just imagining JK Simmons bashing Spider-Man in your head right now. You keep it fresh thru good writing and good plotting and good editorial direction.

"Dan, we're have gonna have Spider-Man reveal his ID per the Registration Act..yes, yes, magic will undo it later, but start thinking how JJJ might react knowing Peter is Spider-Man...does he get madder and sink to some new depths by going after Peter's family and friends or does he soften his stance or what?"

"Nick! I've got the greatest story idea... JJJ thinks he may have pancreatic cancer and he knows only his enemy Spider-Man can get him the cure from Mr. Sinister...but at the end, Spidey accidentally blunders and John Jameson is almost killed by Dr Doom in Latveria, angering JJ again!...what do you think!"
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-18-2015 at 03:20 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

For me, this is the problem created by wanting to maintain that one main timeline . . . forever.

I'd really like it if some version of the timeline got to play itself out for the different books, even if it's just a split off the the main timeline. But not where we just jump ahead like the The End stories or just straight ahead to Mayday being 15. I mean actually watching the characters finish out their arcs and closing out the story of Spider-Man (or Fantastic Four, Hulk, etc.)

I mean, if they're going to reboot every once in a while anyway, at least finish out the story you were in the middle of first . . . or concurrently. Just something.

Seriously, eventually everyone in Peter's life will have betrayed him at some point. And the divorce rate in the Marvel Universe is basically 100% minus Reed and Sue.

Well he did for the most part during the Big Time era...until SpOck ruined it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Better for JJJ to move on and to replace him with Police Commissioner, The Wrath. Even Norman Osborn could have been used in this capacity, as well as The Kinpin's manipulation tactics through the Media.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Logically? Yes. But entertainment wise? No, lol I enjoy seeing him rant and rave about Spider-Man personally, especially while at the same time he's around Peter lol.
    100% agree with this logic.

BANNED

Yeah, it's just funnier for Jonah to find new reasons to hate Spidey. Doesn't quite work the same if it's Norman or Fisk.

Though, Slott did have his chance to steer things a different way when Marla died. Jonah just can't help himself, it seems.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    100% agree with this logic.
    LOL, Never thought I'd see the day where I'd post something and then someone would quote me and use the words ''with this logic'' and not be sarcastic or joking about it

Nah, he's a classic foil.