Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Man, it looks like Josh Hamilton may have suffered a relapse while fighting his addictions this offseason. He is going to miss some time, but I hope he manages to get himself on the right track again, that's what is important. It's a shame, his struggle has been inspirational for so many and it seemed he had the will to succeed, but it just shows how hard it is to beat addictions, even after so many years of being clean.

-M
    I sincerely hope he can bounce back once again, I know he worked really hard to get clean.

Finally some games tomorrow!

Hunter Pence, the only guy to appear in every game over the last 2 years will now miss 6-8 weeks with a broken forearm.

More injury woes for Texas, Yu Darvish may need Tommy John having gotten an MRI on the elbow and finding ligament damage.

-M

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

More injury woes for Texas, Yu Darvish may need Tommy John having gotten an MRI on the elbow and finding ligament damage.

-M
    I wonder if Texas will have a scout watching Cole Hamels' next start.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wonder if Texas will have a scout watching Cole Hamels' next start.
    God, I hope so. I just don't want the Red Sox to trade for Hamels-his splits vs. the AL are lackluster at best and against the AL East they are terrible. I fear any trade of prospects for him will evoke memories of the the Jeff Bagwell trade in the long run rather than any of the more positive trades they have made in recent years. At best he will be like Lackey for the Sox, a couple of terrible seasons as he adjusts to life in the AL East before any positive s come from it. I like Hamels, but not on an AL team and not for what Amaro feels he has to get back for him to save face for all the terrible decisions he's made in his tenure as GM.

-M

Looks like the Phils are going to be stuck with Cliff Lee's contract. He is getting a second opinion on his elbow, but if he needs surgery he is done for year and possibly for good, and the spectre of that elbow makes him untradable, especially with the money he is still due this year and next. No team is going to take that contract with an elbow that could blow up at any minute for a 36 year old pitcher who missed most of last season because of the elbow too.

-M

Looks like the Phils are going to be stuck with Cliff Lee's contract. He is getting a second opinion on his elbow, but if he needs surgery he is done for year and possibly for good, and the spectre of that elbow makes him untradable, especially with the money he is still due this year and next. No team is going to take that contract with an elbow that could blow up at any minute for a 36 year old pitcher who missed most of last season because of the elbow too.

-M
    It has to be tough to be a fan of Philly in any sport these days.

-M
    Yeah, this is not good. If Lee is indeed done, our rotation, already shaky WITH him and Cole Hamels turns into a four alarm dumpster fire as they're followed by journeyman Aaron Harang, AL lifer Jerome Williams and uninspiring youngster David Buchanan, and behind them is former Dodger Chad Billingsley, coming off an arm injury of his own. Going into spring training, I had the Phils down for 72 wins, now I doubt they'll manage that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    It has to be tough to be a fan of Philly in any sport these days.
    Well, there's always the Union (MLS). Their season just started on Saturday----with a scoreless tie.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, there's always the Union (MLS). Their season just started on Saturday----with a scoreless tie.
    Well there ya go, that's something lol

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Well there ya go, that's something lol
    What can I say? I gotta stay positive!

Yu Darvish needs Tommy John, big blow to the Rangers chances for a bounce back season.

Red Sox officially announce and introduce Moncada.

Brewers ban high fives during spring training because the team is suffering a Pink Eye outbreak.

Spring training chugs along.

-M

I've got my fantasy draft this morning, feeling bad for one team member, one of his keepers was Yu Darvish. I can feel his pain, two of my keepers are Matt Harvey and Jose Fernandez, so last season was a bust for me, but it's draft day, anything can happen, especially when you have the first pick.
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra

Chase Utley, hobbled by a bad ankle made his spring training debut for the Phillies yesterday, going 1 for 2. Given Utley's age (35) and how his production drastically declined after the All-Star break last season, manager Ryne Sandberg would be wise to ration his playing time in 2015.