Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Ok what the hell David Ortiz says he didn't know he was taking the peds. I find this hard to believe.

Not much time until mlb does start.

I am admittedly a Boston homer, but for some reason I believe Ortiz. He does/says a lot of things that I can see people taking exception with, but he doesn't strike me as a liar. Might just be wishful thinking on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I am admittedly a Boston homer, but for some reason I believe Ortiz. He does/says a lot of things that I can see people taking exception with, but he doesn't strike me as a liar. Might just be wishful thinking on my part.
    It's a possibility but if he is lying then it'll make it vastly worse with not just using the illegal peds but coming up with a unique lie about cheating. The cover up is worse than the crime.
    I say unique as Yes I'm familiar with multiple players denying repeatedly of using peds that did use including Ryan Braun but never can I recall a mlb player that used saying they didn't know they were taking them.

Why the white sox players would accuse the cubs of throwing games all I can think of if any is because they're seriously bitter that their team threw a freakin World Series.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, my Phillies will get the first crack at Ortiz and Boston when the season starts, and it was announced today that Cole Hamels will be our Opening Day starter.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, my Phillies will get the first crack at Ortiz and Boston when the season starts, and it was announced today that Cole Hamels will be our Opening Day starter.
    Bring it on!!!

Bring it on!!!
    Indeed. Especially when you stop to consider Hamels might well be auditioning for a spot in Boston's rotation since he figures to be THE most coveted pitcher in 2015.

Indeed. Especially when you stop to consider Hamels might well be auditioning for a spot in Boston's rotation since he figures to be THE most coveted pitcher in 2015.
    True statement.

In other news, no suspension for Josh Hamilton after his relapse.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/josh-ha...162247060.html

True statement.

In other news, no suspension for Josh Hamilton after his relapse.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/josh-ha...162247060.html
    And the Angels aren't pleased. Given the ridiculous risk Anaheim took in signing Hamilton to that five year, $125 million dollar contract three years ago to provide protection in the lineup to Albert Pujols and Mike Trout (which he hasn't done so far), I'm sure the Angels can't wait to get rid of him, even if they won't say that publicly.

And the Angels aren't pleased. Given the ridiculous risk Anaheim took in signing Hamilton to that five year, $125 million dollar contract three years ago to provide protection in the lineup to Albert Pujols and Mike Trout (which he hasn't done so far), I'm sure the Angels can't wait to get rid of him, even if they won't say that publicly.
    I can't ever recall a team being so disappointed that their high priced talent is allowed to play. Like you said, they want an excuse to drop his ass, which is understandable since there is 83mil at stake.
    Last edited by Detox; 04-04-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Cards/ Cubs tonight. Lester taking on Wainwright, should be a very entertaining start to the season.

Cards/ Cubs tonight. Lester taking on Wainwright, should be a very entertaining start to the season.
    Wainwright was on his game last night, tossing six shutout innings in a 3-0 St. Louis win over the Cubs.

Cubs stunk up in a game one as cards won in a shutout, the standard over reaction the cubs are a failure along with JM and will stink this year.
    Not worried a lot of season left, and cubs can still win this series.

Cuba rebound from a shutout by shutting out the cards 2-0. A great way to rebound. 2nd game will he made up in a tba date.

In the usual overreaction there is a great one of the Rockies will go undefeated.

My Phillies wound up losing two of their first three games against Boston, topped off by a 6-2 slopfest last night. Tonight, the Nationals, everyone's glamour pick to win the NL pennant are in town for a weekend series.

Helluva way to start the series, took the Sox 19 innings but they were able to beat the Stankees 6-5.